Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:09:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Important information to the small investor community concerning futures  (Read 204 times)
MarquiseMuseum (OP)

Activity: 739
Merit: 29

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 06:30:47 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2021, 08:38:51 PM by MarquiseMuseum

outdated

Patent studied 2017 Certified ABT/NFT catalogue
https://waves.exchange/trading/spot/BS1KFNR8zrXKBEWdUUvpaP6G57Hic3aESkwK7qQKdLpB_WAVES
ABTx swap certificate for https://rarible.com/MarquiseMuseum/sale 7.5m tokens per NFT
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:12:40 AM

something with great utility to society will replace fiat within the next 5 to 10 years...

And what will replace fiat?Gold?Another digital currency,that is better than bitcoin?Something else?
You are talking about a wealthy elite that is manipulating all the markets and all asset prices and you think that the same wealthy elite will allow "something with a great utility to society"...
The rich elite wants fiat money and central banks,because the inflation makes the rich people  even more rich.
This rich elite might buy and manipulate btc via futures or via some other method,but the blockchain consept will always remain strong.

illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:46:00 AM

I have a very tiny amount of bitcoin myself and researched whether or not to enter the market with much more capital before the end of the year, but this discovery makes me very reluctant due to earlier experience with wall street. A small investor should not underestimate the psychological warfare that this institution is capable of.

I have to admit that I don't completely understand the interaction between futures and spot markets. A veteran trader that I follow mentioned that since CME and other regulated futures will be cash-settled, that it would be difficult for institutional players to manipulate the market. I'd love for someone to shed some light on why that may (or may not) be true.

Bitcoin is about to be usurped by very powerful entities with a long history of global wealth management, and the bitcoin community is primed for manipulation according to simple psychological principles that no amount of sophisticated tech can protect you from. I don't have a solution to this dilemma yet but I will study it and I think real discussion and awareness is appropriate.

For those long term investors who buy using dollar averaging this does not apply, however my personal view of bitcoin only apply to medium term, long term it is likely that something with great utility to society will replace fiat within the next 5 to 10 years.

What makes you so sure that the spot markets will follow US futures markets? Why not the other way around? I tend to agree that Wall Street and institutional players can add painful volatility, running stops and margin calls on smaller traders easily. But long term, the circulating supply of BTC is too limited to suppress for long.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: