Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:54:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Now The Time To Buy?  (Read 9610 times)
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 12:27:50 PM

I personally think now is the time to buy if you aren't getting into mining.
No. If you don't need new coins immediately then just place a buy order at $32 and another one at $26 and wait.

masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:33:25 PM

...you can scarcely buy at a lowest possible rate and sell at a highest possible rate. If you buy at a rate and sell at a higher rate, you will have a benefit. You can for sure place a buy order at 30 USD. But what will you think if the rate doesn't drop that low and instead starts increasing (now, after it has hit the 50 USD, 40 USD or whatever level)?
Just ask yourself: what do you want to accomplish by buying Bitcoins?
If you are going to start a kind of high frequency trading, start whenever you want and try to have some luck Wink
If you are going to invest some money in Bitcoins and want to stay invested in Bitcoins, just buy them, put the to your wallet, backup the wallet and wait...
YOLOSWAG420HASHTAG

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:53:45 PM

Only buy if you're willing to take a loss in the short term, I don't see the price hitting 100 again until there is wide spread adoption/mainstream which is impossible when the only exchange is centralized.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:05:17 PM

Buy in chunks over the course of three months or so.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 03:19:04 PM

Only buy if you're willing to take a loss in the short term, I don't see the price hitting 100 again until there is wide spread adoption/mainstream which is impossible when the only exchange is centralized.

Back to late 2010/early 2011, after BTC price fell to $0,80ish:

Only buy if you're willing to take a loss in the short term, I don't see the price hitting $1,00 again until there is wide spread adoption/mainstream which is impossible when the only exchange is centralized.

Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
oldskl

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:57:58 PM

i think the price is steadily going to drop, thats if another bubble is goong to come about soon which i doubt

give it a year or so and it might hike up again
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:42:51 PM

Also the further the crash the higher the possibility an alternate Cryptocurrency could be the leader. I don't see anything really to rival bitcoin but its a possibility.

AceHood

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:06:05 PM

I think it's really the time to buuuy !!
VrnRap

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 07:35:58 PM

I bought a btc at 78.60 a few days ago.. Now i feel like i shouldve waited but oh well hopefully itll go up.
hasherl

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:10:58 PM

buy
acslackr5

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:51:37 PM

I think the price has stabilized at around $69. As soon as funds clear, I'm going to make a large purchase for the long term as I don't think the price will rise as quickly as we've seen.
bluebillet

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:05:26 AM

Howdy. I'm new to forum and I've been doing alot of reading in the last several days. From the posts I've read so far, it looks like a good time to buy a small batch and see where things go. 

I realize the mining aspect of Bitcoin is increasing in difficulty; however, it shouldn't discourage new people to learn about the fundamentals of mining and managing Bitcoin. I'm trying to learn as much as I can and I'm planning to buy a few Bitcoins to explore new opportunities.  Smiley
Odin50

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:30:36 AM

Now is the time to buy
hifieli

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 07:42:53 AM

If you are thinking about the USD value of BTC, then you are really just calling a rose by another name - you're still buying/selling in USD.  We need more goods and services available to users of BTC, we need more people using BTC to barter. That attaches actual value to BTC, rather than perceived value. Sometimes, it seems like everyone is just interested in how much USD everyone else thinks BTC are worth.

If that still doesn't make sense, how about this: Now is the time to accept BTC as payment and convince everyone else that now is the time to buy BTC Smiley
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:56:29 AM

It looks like $50 is a possible bottom. I used to be a forex currency investment manager, specializing in technical analysis. If it breaks through $50, it would be running to $32 next. Last drop it couldn't break through the $50 barrier. If it doesn't break 50 this time (pattern called a double bottom), we should see a nice medium to long term upward trend towards $165+.
I've bought 50 BTC here at $67 and I'll buy another 50 if it makes a run on $55.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
thettrix

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 09:53:13 AM

If you are thinking about the USD value of BTC, then you are really just calling a rose by another name - you're still buying/selling in USD.  We need more goods and services available to users of BTC, we need more people using BTC to barter. That attaches actual value to BTC, rather than perceived value. Sometimes, it seems like everyone is just interested in how much USD everyone else thinks BTC are worth.

If that still doesn't make sense, how about this: Now is the time to accept BTC as payment and convince everyone else that now is the time to buy BTC Smiley

THIS!  +1!

When I start selling my custom electronics on bitmit, I do not plan to change my prices relative to the dollar, but simply charge in BTC and stick with it.  This would, of course, be much easier if I could buy the parts and equipment I need for a base BTC price, but SOMEBODY has to go first or we'll never be using bitcoin as it's own currency.  I'm tired of it being tied to the USD.  I do realize that this likely means that when the BTC is worth less USD, I will get far more business than when it's worth more USD, but I just have to simply ensure that my profit margin is JUST (barely) high enough to avoid too much loss during the low BTC times.

I wish there was a site like bitmit that ONLY dealt in bitcoins (aside from SR of course), and had systems in place to encourage stability and charging basic BTC prices irrespective to the BTC<->USD rate.  Perhaps by a combination of incentives (like saving fees when BTC is worth less, etc), penalties when changing prices (especially in response to fluctuating BTC <-> USD rates), and systems/software that only allows you to change or update your price every 72 hours or something.

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking, I'd just love to be able to convert all my funds to BTC, and only touch the USD when I have to pay taxes, and even then ONLY convert the amount needed and nothing else.  Currently there are enough services that I could get by almost exclusively on BTC, but the value is so closely tied to the USD (and usually ends up converting to USD at some point of the transaction) it almost feels like mental masturbation to pretend I am really living off of BTC.

We just need a growing market of ballsy bitcoin enthusiasts to take a gamble at creating a stable BTC-based ebay.  Currently, I'd still call bitmit "USD-based" or at the very least, "fiat-based", as though it has the option to accept or pay via BTC, the prices themselves are usually based on a regulated centralized currency.

Am I way off?

- thettrix
Mr.Dreamanonym

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:56:26 AM

I by BTC !  Grin
A+S

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:10:53 PM

I will buy at $53 and $36   Grin
I'm waiting!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:14:19 PM

I'm waiting!

I doubt it hits 53..... but i could be wrong.  I think it will stall for a bit, and hopefully go back up.   But if it hits 36 i think we have a lot to worry about as a community.

Alternative currency i think will be the ones this week to watch.
A+S

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:04:29 PM

I'm waiting!

I doubt it hits 53..... but i could be wrong.  I think it will stall for a bit, and hopefully go back up.   But if it hits 36 i think we have a lot to worry about as a community.

Alternative currency i think will be the ones this week to watch.

Why we should worry if it hits $36? Bitcoin would be the same, just not strong bulls to support $50 in the short term.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: