Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:07:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to Litecoin investors  (Read 3529 times)
RationalSpeculator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:23:33 AM

Litecoin price has kept up better than bitcoin, however, I think chances are high that it will drop a lot more than bitcoin once bitcoin is bottoming out, just like it skyrocketed much more than bitcoin when bitcoin was topping out. On top of that I think Litecoin has a higher chance to die and never come back as the arguments for it's existence can be debunked with strong counterarguments (in contrast to bitcoin).

I might be wrong and anyone that is able to help me see this I would be very grateful for as in such case Litecoin will present a much larger opportunity than bitcoin if the holders start to question it's survivability and sell it to depressed levels comparable to bitcoin in 2011.

edit: Maybe this thread should be moved to altcoins, not sure. I'll leave it to the moderator's discretion.
bitfromit

Activity: 329

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:29:29 AM

I hear what you say re: bitcoin now low and litecoin now high, however I don't think litecoin is going to disappear any time soon

Here are some serious guys starting up in it : https://www.litecoinglobal.com/security/CIPHERMINE, More miners = more security.

Be sure to read through the "motions" page because they have decided to step it up. Also notable are plans for a dark web ex.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:48:24 AM

Litecoin has also been losing value, in terms of USD, only gaining to Btc as its been losing ground.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
bitfromit

Activity: 329

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:54:36 AM

Are you looking at the big picture chart? :
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=ltc-usd&market=btc-e
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:58:11 AM

Litecoin price has kept up better than bitcoin, however, I think chances are high that it will drop a lot more than bitcoin once bitcoin is bottoming out, just like it skyrocketed much more than bitcoin when bitcoin was topping out. On top of that I think Litecoin has a higher chance to die and never come back as the arguments for it's existence can be debunked with strong counterarguments (in contrast to bitcoin).

I might be wrong and anyone that is able to help me see this I would be very grateful for as in such case Litecoin will present a much larger opportunity than bitcoin if the holders start to question it's survivability and sell it to depressed levels comparable to bitcoin in 2011.

edit: Maybe this thread should be moved to altcoins, not sure. I'll leave it to the moderator's discretion.

wtf are you saying dude?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:48:56 AM

Bitcoin at least has global media presence and some (albeit small) real market for transactions. Litecoin is just a fantasy right now and nothing more than pure speculation is driving the price, I've no opinion on the price but tread carefully folks!
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:01:46 AM

Litecoin has also been losing value, in terms of USD, only gaining to Btc as its been losing ground.

I bought my LTC at 2 cents each.

And they lost value?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 01:45:08 PM

1. Buy LTC at current price
2. Wait till it is on Mt.Gox
3. Sell
4. Profit
5.  Wink

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:51:08 PM

3. Sell
4. Profit
5.  Wink

Except everybody might be thinking that...
Kaiji

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:59:00 PM

I expected LTC to fall with the low BTC price but its staying strong. Litecoin prices have been going up and down more frequently than BTC so it is more attractive to traders to make a profit.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:03:24 PM

As long as there are no scrypt ASICs, there remains a purpose behind scrypt-based "coins", and among those, litecoin remains king. As the cliche' goes, it is the silver to bitcoin's gold.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

The only significant (Read: not "btc is the one and only, no alt-coins shall ever exist" bullshit) argument against litecoin is that populations tend to gravitate to one money - unlike with other markets where competition is healthy.

However, one could counter this by saying that "cryptocurrency is one 'currency'" - so these altcoins are just different flavors. They are probably destined to forever have tiny value compared to Bitcoin, but they are still there. There were plenty of areas where both gold and silver were used to exchange value, and they seemed to get along alright. And please, folks, no bickering about whether or not the "silver to bitcoin's gold" argument is valid - it's childish to argue about such things. "Your analogy is invalid. NO, it's totally valid! No it's sooooo invalid!"

I agree that Litecoin will go down, in fact, it already has. It tends to lag Bitcoin a bit but still follow major price moves somewhat, and I'm talking /USD not /BTC.

I sold some of my LTC position (to USD) but I still have a larger % of that prior position than I do BTC. Let's just say I don't think LTC will lose quite as much of its value as BTC will.
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 03:49:01 PM

the good part is that...

LTC drops by "CENTS" while BTC DROPS by "TENTHS"

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Pinwheel

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:08:29 PM

I sold 1000 ltc for 4000usd some time ago, maybe few months ago. Now in long term LTC has much better growth potential compared to BTC. BTC mining now under treat from high diff and low btc price. What I was doing during last week, mining trc instead of btc, then I got TRC sold for btc and used these btc to invest into LTC. LTC is very attractive for many reasons. one such reason is to run from btc when it is in troubles. Another, once btc in low range and I need fiat I would better sell LTC, rather selling btc and contributing to downward trend. Do same thing guys, if you need cash, buy ltc for your btc on btc-e and sell ltc for USD. International withdrawals from btc-e phenomenally fast 2-3 days.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:12:01 PM

And they lost value?

I know, right?  Grin

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:20:06 PM

3. Sell
4. Profit
5.  Wink

Except everybody might be thinking that...

Also not a good strategy for anyone over the age of about 40.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:22:24 PM

And they lost value?

Damn that's cheap! I paid 3 times as much for my litecoins!
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 04:43:22 PM

And they lost value?

Damn that's cheap! I paid 3 times as much for my litecoins!

I've never bought LTC with fiat, only with bitcoin myself. I have no personal recollection of seeing the exchange rate below about BTC0,002.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:32:28 PM

the good part is that...

Lrn2Math. LTC dropping from, say, 2.66 to 2.40 has dropped by a "TENTH." There's no difference between that, and BTC dropping from, say, $90 to $81. You still lost 10% of your money whether it's in LTC or BTC.

Walsoraj

Activity: 686

Ultranode

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:38:42 PM

the good part is that...

Lrn2Math. LTC dropping from, say, 2.66 to 2.40 has dropped by a "TENTH." There's no difference between that, and BTC dropping from, say, $90 to $81. You still lost 10% of your money whether it's in LTC or BTC.

Perhaps it is more desirable to ignore "numbers" and instead directly intuit market psychology? Lots of success w/ this myself, but practice is a requisite.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: