Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 04:31:12 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] Bitcoin-qt 0.8.3 for Windows crashes at start-up  (Read 1382 times)
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 07:52:07 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 04:01:34 PM by Nemo1024

Install Bitcion-qt 0.8.3
Run
Immediately after launch (before any window shows up) I get:
Code:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Once I click 'OK', I get a "Check online..."/"Close the program"/"Debug the program"

Tried installing 0.8.3 on both Win7 64-bit and Vista 64-bit with the same result (don't have other Windows versions)

Tried ver 0.8.2 same result

0.7.1 ran perfectly OK before...

Tried attaching with VS2012 debugger, but I don't get any stack trace.

Any help?

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:41:55 PM

1. Use RevoUnistaller to remove Bitcoin-qt. Do a full removal, remove left over files and any registry entries.
2. Download Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries and install that.
3. Try installing it again.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 03:19:56 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 04:01:47 PM by Nemo1024

1. Use RevoUnistaller to remove Bitcoin-qt. Do a full removal, remove left over files and any registry entries.
2. Download Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries and install that.
3. Try installing it again.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this did not help:

RevoUninstaller only found the start Menu entry.

I get "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine."
When trying to install both x86 and x64 versions of the Redistributable. Looks like I already have its SP1 installed.

I tried installing it on a machine, where no previous versions were ever installed, and it worked there - the client started. However, that is not the machine, where I'd like to have the client running 24/7 in full node mode.

Solved: After searching through the disk manually, I located and deleted c:\users\{user}\AppData\Roamin\Bitcoin nad it started to work after a fresh install.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: