Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-07-06 Why not to panic when bitcoin drops. Analysis and charts.  (Read 1183 times)
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 11:15:12 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 04:48:32 PM by FCTaiChi

http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/07/panic-bitcoin-is-dieing-price-down-to-almost-half/

The tone of the title is set to catch people who are unsure about the stability issues, educate them about history and some of the natural comparisons used by the bitcoin community.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:42:11 PM

DATE DATE DATE!

papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 03:58:19 PM

that is really cool....

thanks for posting..

i like the part where it has a screenshot of amazon site.. i think... lol

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
MrVivaldi

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:04:33 PM

I agree with this article.
tronsom

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

www.coinangels.org

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 04:31:20 PM

Nice article.

CoinAngels is a group of entrepreneurs focused on helping launch and develop digital currency related startups.
www.coinangels.org | Donate. Invest. Advise.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 04:51:20 PM

DATE DATE DATE!

LOL!  Thanks, I had one on the original title, forgot to put it back when I changed it.  Wish I could fit the full text with site name.

that is really cool....

thanks for posting..

i like the part where it has a screenshot of amazon site.. i think... lol
Hope that Amazon screenshot brings perspect..  I still laugh when I see it.  Thanks for the comment

I agree with this article.
Smiley

Nice article.
Thanks!

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:19:10 AM

Nice article.  It's amazing to be involved with such a cool, groundbreaking project!

As we all watch our bitcoin wealth accumulate, it's tough to think "this may make me a millionaire someday."

It seems unreal and almost too good to be true, which adds to the panic selling that we are all tempted from time to time.

I have friends who are coming around to the idea, but then balk at the price.  Even I was wary as friend were starting to obtain a sizable chunk of coins when the price was at $40... and then again at $60.

I try to prepare people for the possibility that the price may drop to lower levels again, but continue to be shocked as it keeps climbing.

I justify the price climb with adoption and growth of the bitcoin economy.  Then when we're in the midst of so much media attention & large steps, we see price corrections & drops.  It seems as though the fun has come to an end, but at the same time, it seems like another great time to obtain some coins.

I've been on the fence 50/50 about whether the price will go up or down for many many months now, and I will continue to stay there.

So volatility continues to help me as I buy when we're going down & sell some as we're going up.  However, I keep holding on mostly & look forward to seeing what this awesome project will become!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:48:25 AM

Great article and comforting to read really.  I am not very long into BTC, only bought in April and saw an amazing increase in a very short time, only to see it fall and now here we are again.  I guess I would like to know how many more dips there will be or could be before we take off again but that is what everyone wants to know.  I agree with the article though, that nothing has changed when it comes to the fact that Bitcoin has a lot going for it and this is just normal for the early stages.

We are on a wild ride and the winners are those who just choose to ride it. Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:58:49 PM

Great article and comforting to read really.  I am not very long into BTC, only bought in April and saw an amazing increase in a very short time, only to see it fall and now here we are again.  I guess I would like to know how many more dips there will be or could be before we take off again but that is what everyone wants to know.  I agree with the article though, that nothing has changed when it comes to the fact that Bitcoin has a lot going for it and this is just normal for the early stages.

We are on a wild ride and the winners are those who just choose to ride it. Wink
Hi thanks for the comment.  I think that the main thing I was trying to say is that the core of bitcoin hasn't changed.  Just our perception of it.  As long as there is no overreaching regulation bitcoin price will rise.  Even if one country outlaws the use that won't make it disappear. 
It would definitely cripple the market in the short term if such a large percentage of it's users were criminalized.  Basically you just have to decide how long term of an investor you are.  The better the media and political climate the faster it will grow.  If we push our social networks a little to introduce bitcoin in a positive way to people we can have a big effect on this.

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 02:02:01 PM

Nice article.  It's amazing to be involved with such a cool, groundbreaking project!

As we all watch our bitcoin wealth accumulate, it's tough to think "this may make me a millionaire someday."

It seems unreal and almost too good to be true, which adds to the panic selling that we are all tempted from time to time.

I have friends who are coming around to the idea, but then balk at the price.  Even I was wary as friend were starting to obtain a sizable chunk of coins when the price was at $40... and then again at $60.

I try to prepare people for the possibility that the price may drop to lower levels again, but continue to be shocked as it keeps climbing.

I justify the price climb with adoption and growth of the bitcoin economy.  Then when we're in the midst of so much media attention & large steps, we see price corrections & drops.  It seems as though the fun has come to an end, but at the same time, it seems like another great time to obtain some coins.

I've been on the fence 50/50 about whether the price will go up or down for many many months now, and I will continue to stay there.

So volatility continues to help me as I buy when we're going down & sell some as we're going up.  However, I keep holding on mostly & look forward to seeing what this awesome project will become!
Right, instead of "Prepare for the worst hope for the best."  Let's make it "Prepare for the worst, do what you can to make it better."
Things like the new app that can link people to M-Peza (starts with a K) will really push this forward.  It allows people who don't have a smart phone to use bitcoin.  We're on our way!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: