Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:21:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: will pools payout even you aren't connected?  (Read 103 times)
Lugh (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:53:50 PM

Hello BTCF-Members,

when I mine for example two days and the pool, I'm connect with,  didn't receive a block in this time.
Then I was disconneted for two days because of problems with my Internet provider for example. Meanwhile the pool receive a block but I wasn't connected at this moment.
Will I receive partially any coins on my wallet for the time my Miner worked for the pool?
Or depends on the pool?
Will be the invested hashing power of each worker stored wheter they aren't mining?

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:11:45 PM

It depends on the pools payout structure. The most common types are PROP and PPLNS. On a PROP pool, when the pool finds a block, the block reward is distributed proportionally between all the miners that contributed valid shares towards that block according to the amount of shares they contributed minus the pool fees and then all the contributed shares are reset for each new block the pool finds. PPLNS pools are similar, but instead of just looking at the total shares contributed towards the current round (block) by each miner, it only looks back at a set number of shares in a window (N), regardless of the block boundaries and distributes the reward proportionally based on the the total shares contributed by each miner during that window. Typically the payout window (N) is large enough that it will cover at least a few blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: