Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Smaller Trades  (Read 433 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 04:55:11 PM

So I usually get offers from people who know that I have bitcoin to sell them small amounts of bitcoin like 20 USD - 50 USD.

I want to know how to make such trades without high fees, because I don't know how can it be made profitable to sell such low amounts with high fees.
Any idea?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:00:02 PM

Not possible. You can make it cheaper by using segwit and bundling transactions together, but don't expect to get an amazing discount.
This is a issue in Bitcoin right now and we all hope that Lighting Network will fix this, at least for long enough until Bitcoin reaches high world-wide adoption.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:16:02 PM

Actually these fees can be considered extremely normal and are what they were a year ago. The problem is the astronomical increase in price.
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to use a Segwit address by using a Segwit wallet such as the latest Bitcoin Core & Electrum wallets.
Your other option is to just use a lower fee.

You could also tell your customer that he also pays for the mining fee, and thus will receive slightly less Bitcoin.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:21:20 PM

So I usually get offers from people who know that I have bitcoin to sell them small amounts of bitcoin like 20 USD - 50 USD.

I want to know how to make such trades without high fees, because I don't know how can it be made profitable to sell such low amounts with high fees.
Any idea?

Switch to wallets providing service of internal transfer for example, You can start with Coinbase.
All you need to do is make internal transfer, i.e. email-to-email rather than address-to-address and other party having account on same wallet will receive funds instantly with zero fees. You can try this if your customers are flexible.
aleksej996

Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:56:58 AM

Any idea?

Switch to wallets providing service of internal transfer for example, You can start with Coinbase.
All you need to do is make internal transfer, i.e. email-to-email rather than address-to-address and other party having account on same wallet will receive funds instantly with zero fees. You can try this if your customers are flexible.

You can also use a bank and never bother with Bitcoin in the first place Cheesy If you don't control your private keys, you don't own any bitcoin.

Actually these fees can be considered extremely normal and are what they were a year ago. The problem is the astronomical increase in price.
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to use a Segwit address by using a Segwit wallet such as the latest Bitcoin Core & Electrum wallets.
Your other option is to just use a lower fee.

You could also tell your customer that he also pays for the mining fee, and thus will receive slightly less Bitcoin.

Who's to say that year ago the fees were normal? Fees grow exponentially as you approach the maximum capacity of the network. There needs to always be space for more transactions, that is when you can see fees as stable.
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 01:49:35 PM

Not possible. You can make it cheaper by using segwit and bundling transactions together, but don't expect to get an amazing discount.
This is a issue in Bitcoin right now and we all hope that Lighting Network will fix this, at least for long enough until Bitcoin reaches high world-wide adoption.

So basically its not beneficial to sell small amounts of bitcoin in USD for profit, only solution is to get the transaction fees from the customer and then add profitable margin on top of it.
But I wonder how do some people provide such services, because my reason for asking here was, that I have seen many people do this and of course they would be profiting from it, and their rates are normal too.
ozelbit

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:01:38 PM

Any idea?

with bitcoin purse to sell
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:17:39 PM

So basically its not beneficial to sell small amounts of bitcoin in USD for profit, only solution is to get the transaction fees from the customer and then add profitable margin on top of it.
But I wonder how do some people provide such services, because my reason for asking here was, that I have seen many people do this and of course they would be profiting from it, and their rates are normal too.

I don't know about anybody else and any other countries, but where I live and based on my experience for selling and also buying bitcoin a couple of times from these people, two things help them make profit.

first one is the obvious spread they have between the buying and selling price. it is big enough to cover most fees and give them a big profit. you can see it on localbitcoins.

second thing is the low banking fees. there are ways you can make a money transfer with 0 fees but about 3 hours delay. and there are ways to transfer money between accounts by physically going to the bank with 0 fee no delay. and there are ways for transferring money through an ATM only paying $0.12 with no delay. they use one of these methods and save up a lot.

Only Bitcoin
star19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:51:56 PM

If want  to start trading it is a good news but do you known about altcoin if you know details of altcoin so no need to late start your trading with a small amount.
phreakk

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:54:05 PM

Any idea?

As far as I know, it's not possible to avoid such high fees, unless you:

-Buy&Sell higher amounts of Bitcoin.
-Switch to an altcoin that has very low transaction fees and a high potential... Maybe something like.. I don't know... Maybe... Litecoin?

Do what you'd like, but I really recommend considering the 2 above. Simply halting your service until the transaction fees have sunken, might be a good alternative too.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:04:02 PM

Any idea?

Charge them the fees. They can't really do anything about it anyway. Or just do it through platforms that will not require fees if you send to them the fees, that would be called off-chain transactions. But generally, it is indeed not safe to hold any bitcoins using any online wallet, but that's the only way to do it without incurring fees. Some cryptocurrency exchanges allows transfers within the platform, maybe consider that option.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:32:39 PM

Any idea?
It can't be even imagined to transfer bitcoin with a low fee could ever be safe. The level of risk increases with the transaction fee becoming lower through various ways. The in-house or simply in the same exchange transfer through email address to other email addresses will always expose your email to hackers and once your email is hacked then your worries about transfer fee will be no more as you will have no bitcoin.  Grin
Transfer fees are high due to rushed transactions in a low block size. Once the block size changes the fees will be normal again.
For small dealers of bitcoin it is best to charge transaction fee and a little service fee from clients.
iamTom123

Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:52:48 PM

So I usually get offers from people who know that I have bitcoin to sell them small amounts of bitcoin like 20 USD - 50 USD. I want to know how to make such trades without high fees, because I don't know how can it be made profitable to sell such low amounts with high fees. Any idea?

The best idea is to have the buyers shoulder the transfer fees so that you can gain more out of the transaction. We have no choice for these days but to go with the high fees imposed by the service providers and miners otherwise we can't do business. This is the number one problem that the whole Bitcoin community should have been focusing on so that the real and full potential of Bitcoin can be unleashed as soon as possible. I can only imagine what would the price of Bitcoin be if the scaling question can be fully answered with correct and acceptable solutions. I got also some friends in Facebook and Twitter asking me to sell some of my Bitcoin to them but since I am sure that the value would keep on rising into 2018 I prefer to keep my Bitcoin in my online wallet and not encashing them. Much more if I have to pay the transaction fee.
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 03:54:47 PM

Not really possible without paying high fees especially right now taxes will be high due to the price rise, when price is stable the fees are much more balanced.

VitKoyn

Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:16:04 PM

Any idea?
You can't get rid of high transaction fees if you need to do fast transaction. If you really want to make profit doing this you have to function like other Bitcoin exchange that sells Bitcoins and sets a higher sell rate, that will surely cope the high transactions fees and you will earn even a little amount. Also if the buyer is willing to delay the receipt of bitcoin because of the low cost of the transaction fee, but I don't know if there is anyone willing. Other option that I think will work (not sure) is use an alternative coins and use exchanges like shapeshift, for example use dogecoin and convert it to Bitcoin that will be directly deposited to your buyers Bitcoin address.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:25:16 PM

Any idea?

Tell them the hold for long strategy by investing into proper altcoins present out there. Most probably the cheaper one like IOTA, RIPPLE, ETH in today’s date. If they really want to make money out of those small investments then that’s the only thing which can keep it up. I mean everyone of us know that if we had investment a year ago into these three and other top 10 alts listed over the coinmarketcap then we could have ended up earning 100x from all of them altogether. Now tell me that it wasn’t good enough to invest into that long period.

You can suggest them such ideas, the real ideas which can help you grow thing better. Then afterwards if the investment has grown into bigger amounts then they can simply start investing into day trading.
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:35:14 PM

Any idea?

You can probably transfer them from some wallets for as little as 30 cents or so which isn't a huge amount to factor in. I would say though aren't most of these people your friends and therefore you can just do it as a favour to them as long as you are not out of pocket?

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:52:23 PM

Any idea?

You can’t avoid the fees. My suggestion is to pass on the fee cost to your buyer if possible. Buyers should know that you need to collect a small profit and a fee to cover costs.

If you want smaller fees then try trading an altcoin that has lower fees or IOTA which has no fees. Otherwise you and your buyers will just have to accept the current fee structure.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:00:38 PM

Any idea?
If you do have micro transactions like on these amounts then fees would really hurt you out and I cant see a way that you would able to neglect to avoid fees to do make such transfer into other people unless if your buyers or bitcoin are on the same place which would able for you to send bitcoins without any fees like coinbase to coinbase and coins.ph to coins.ph. There are several wallet which do have these kind of free transfer but well there are lots of people throughout the world which it would end up on using different wallet,for now you cant do nothing but deal with the fees on each transaction.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:27:04 PM

Any idea?

You can also use a bank and never bother with Bitcoin in the first place Cheesy If you don't control your private keys, you don't own any bitcoin.

Not everyone use Bitcoin to claim personal control. Most of the users buying it to get advantage of ever-rising price of Bitcoins which cannot be the case if the person uses Banks.
Using safe web wallets can fulfil this criteria.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: