Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:47:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsolicited Pms  (Read 372 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:58:56 PM

Okay, this is the 4th time I recieved this kind of pm this week and it's getting annoying already. Is this allowed? Weren't they supposed to ban these people since this is a kind of spam? Here's their message.

Hello,  We offer service for the promotion ICOs projects through the distribution of personal messages to users of  BitcoinTalk forum. Open-rate is above 7O%. ROI for our service is 6OO-200O%.

We have 3 packs: 
10,OO0 messages delivered to the recipients - O.O7 btc (about 3k of clicks/views on the thread/to website)
2O,OOO messages delivered to the recipients - O.11 btc (about 6k of clicks/views on the thread/to website)
30,0O0 messages delivered to the recipients - 0.14 btc (about 11k of additional clicks/views on the thread/to website)

If you have any suggestions on the price of services or cooperation, please contact me on telegram - @hypebtc

P.S. This is an automatic message, you do not have to answer here. Please contact me via telegram - @hypebtc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:02:55 PM

Report the PM. Add sender to your Ignore list.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 05:32:52 PM

The spammer seems to have a lot of accounts, given that one of their accounts (brother3) was selling accounts a few months ago. It isn't allowed, but it's not too hard to make a new account and then PM spam with it. He also controls user Jengo.

Linked with telegram @hypebtc.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
phreakk

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:58:28 PM

Okay, this is the 4th time I recieved this kind of pm this week and it's getting annoying already. Is this allowed? Weren't they supposed to ban these people since this is a kind of spam? Here's their message.

Hello,  We offer service for the promotion ICOs projects through the distribution of personal messages to users of  BitcoinTalk forum. Open-rate is above 7O%. ROI for our service is 6OO-200O%.

We have 3 packs: 
10,OO0 messages delivered to the recipients - O.O7 btc (about 3k of clicks/views on the thread/to website)
2O,OOO messages delivered to the recipients - O.11 btc (about 6k of clicks/views on the thread/to website)
30,0O0 messages delivered to the recipients - 0.14 btc (about 11k of additional clicks/views on the thread/to website)

If you have any suggestions on the price of services or cooperation, please contact me on telegram - @hypebtc

P.S. This is an automatic message, you do not have to answer here. Please contact me via telegram - @hypebtc

Haven't had one yet, but I understand how annoying it is.

It's pretty pointless to ban them though, as it's VERY easy to make new accounts and use them to spam. Sadly, there's not much that can be done about it  Undecided
Unless you have some genius plan to stop this, you're gonna have to cope with it  Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:34:21 PM

Instead ,make a bot that spams their telegram channel with 5000+ messages per day.That would make them realise how does it feel to get annoyed.
Reporting the PM to Cyrus would only help for the time being,they will come back again with another newbie account to do the same.Let machines deal with the machines.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:42:23 PM

It might be nice to have some sort of automated feedback from the forum when reported users are banned. A sort of feedback loop to encourage people that their interaction was useful. However, it might become abused or waste forum server resources.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:25:18 AM

I can only send PMs to 20 members per hour, so they must have some automated system of sending from multiple accounts. Maybe it would be worth limiting messages to one member per hour until you get to full member rank.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:32:37 PM

I can only send PMs to 20 members per hour, so they must have some automated system of sending from multiple accounts. Maybe it would be worth limiting messages to one member per hour until you get to full member rank.
i dont think this is at all a good idea, even members below the 'full member' rank conduct trades and have conversations through the pm system here, limiting the message rate itself isnt a bad idea, but 1 hour seems rather extreme. maybe setting the pm timer to double that of the post timers (or another similar multiplier) would be a more reasonable solution. dunno if that can be easily implemented though, if the way it's coded restricts people from either posting / sending a message every x seconds, rather than a post every x seconds and a message every x seconds as separate actions with independent timers.

This is a large problem, I am getting bounty offers via PM mass spammed to my account. Moderators please fix this.
i really havent gotten anything, maybe they scour the altcoin section and have a script set up to pm anyone that just posts there.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Cryptoryx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 06:34:51 PM

I would suggest addressing one of the team members and ask them to strop it. The people who usually spam using PM, are third party and not members of the team.
If you ask them to stop, they would probably do that. Reputation is way more important. 
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:18:52 PM

Getting PMs from newbies with 0 posts. How about restricting newbies from PM? Or would the people behind those account simply respond to such a restriction by ranking up their newbie accounts with spam posts?
singlebit

Activity: 518
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:22:37 PM

if have brandnew or newbie can pm and send me annoying message i can ignore,the problem is for new that have idea to many people to scam, mod can fix this Smiley

ETHRoll
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:55:14 PM

New PM limits have been introduced today. Here's the announcement by theymos: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2536728
If you receive spam via PM please report it using the Report To Admin button.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: