Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the MOST Hacked cryptocurrency in the top 10 coin?  (Read 260 times)
squidlings (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:07:43 PM

Security is the one of the most important aspects of a cryptocurrency. 

Keeping your tokens safe from the hands of opportunists in the the crypto world is usually a top priority.

I'm interested to hear your experiences of hacked accounts/wallets, computers with malware, or simple get a feel if there are any recurring hacks or phishing techniques which happen on specific coins or work in general?

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MandyViki

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

It doesnt happen to a coin, it normally happens to your wallet or online accounts.
It happens because you download executable files and allow pop-ups and visit pages that are not secured.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:48:45 PM

Although there are a lot of Bitcoin Scams, I think Ethereum probably has it beat by a narrow margin ... and as others have said, it's not Ethereum getting hacked, it fake wallets, phishing scams, and the infamous DAO contract flaws.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:51:50 PM

Although there are a lot of Bitcoin Scams, I think Ethereum probably has it beat by a narrow margin ... and as others have said, it's not Ethereum getting hacked, it fake wallets, phishing scams, and the infamous DAO contract flaws.

Their DAO got hacked, resulting in a reversal of transactions by Euthereum dev team in order to fix it.
That directly undermines a core element of cryptocurrencies that should not be interferred with : the immutability of its transactions.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:52:43 PM

Exchanges like poloniex were hacked multiple times,wallets and exchanges are the one that is being target by the hackers not the coin itself.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
squidlings (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:05:07 PM

What is your opinion on IOTA? 

I've run some research to find hackers are able to brute force the tangle if an address is used twice to receive tokens?

Is this considered a security flaw in the wallet or tangle?
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:21:03 PM

What is your opinion on IOTA? 

I've run some research to find hackers are able to brute force the tangle if an address is used twice to receive tokens?

Is this considered a security flaw in the wallet or tangle?
If the hackers are saying the truth why IOTA doesnt do anything?it might be a hoax i dont receive any news like that.

GuiDonK

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:22:46 PM

i think bitconnect is the most dangerous cryptocurrency, it's not in top 10 but very near, so pay attention.
Pixmartz

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:28:39 PM

i think bitconnect is the most dangerous cryptocurrency, it's not in top 10 but very near, so pay attention.
Yes, I agree with you, Bitconnect is manipulated both in data, volume and value by an evil group that will take advantage
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:01:34 PM

The hackers go where the money goes. Ethereum and Bitcoin are easily the two most hacked. In the case of bitcoin, it's people's private keys being lifted one way or another & their accounts drained. With ethereum, it's the same PLUS badly written smart contracts being attacked.
Butmayselche

Activity: 32
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:08:27 PM

Famous hack methods

1)clipboard virus : this will change address (hacker address )when copy it .

2) fake site : use fake site and user inter log in information's .

3)fake wallet
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:27:31 PM

Security is the one of the most important aspects of a cryptocurrency. 

Keeping your tokens safe from the hands of opportunists in the the crypto world is usually a top priority.

I'm interested to hear your experiences of hacked accounts/wallets, computers with malware, or simple get a feel if there are any recurring hacks or phishing techniques which happen on specific coins or work in general?

Some time ago some Ethereum project was hacked and thus Ethereum Classic appeared. Another altcoin that can be hacked in probably Bitconnect. This video explains everything better than I can do it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxBZFpfIjDI
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:29:59 PM

There are a lot of scams happening nowadays. But I don't think it would compare to all the hacks that have taken place through directly attacking bitcoin itself.
I'm going to say bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: