Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you to all the Terrified BTC Sellers!  (Read 6784 times)
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:18:30 AM

Actually, if you live in the United States, it's pretty easy to buy bitcoins with Coinbase.  It's not instantaneous (took about a week when I did it, but most of that is the time required for the bank transfer), but it's by no means difficult at all.  With Coinbase, it's not much harder to buy bitcoins than it is to pay a bill online, and I'm willing to bet there are a lot more people who do that than use bitcoins.  

Granted, it's not as cheap as the exchanges, but if you're looking at ease of buying, Coinbase is great imho.

I was transfer my fund to MT.GOX, but my banker had return it back to me...I do not know what happen, since everything was correct...
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 11:49:06 AM

Actually, if you live in the United States, it's pretty easy to buy bitcoins with Coinbase.  It's not instantaneous (took about a week when I did it, but most of that is the time required for the bank transfer), but it's by no means difficult at all.  With Coinbase, it's not much harder to buy bitcoins than it is to pay a bill online, and I'm willing to bet there are a lot more people who do that than use bitcoins.  

Granted, it's not as cheap as the exchanges, but if you're looking at ease of buying, Coinbase is great imho.

I was transfer my fund to MT.GOX, but my banker had return it back to me...I do not know what happen, since everything was correct...

You need to sit down with your bank and explain the whole cryptocurrency thing, other wise they will continue to blclk your transactions.

My $.02.

Smiley

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:13:27 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 10:25:35 PM by SOSLOVE868

You need to sit down with your bank and explain the whole cryptocurrency thing, other wise they will continue to blclk your transactions.

My $.02.

Smiley
Yes you get it right ,that they ask me what I am doing with the money and why I am sending money to buying virtual currency.
I just told them two reasons ,the first one is because Pound is in long-term weak trend and I don't want to hold it and slowly losing my wealth
The second reason is I said to them ,with BTC I can carrying out my money internationally with me without make a such appointment with them which is difficult and wasting time.

First time ever feel that save my money with BITCOIN is more convenience than with bankers.
P.S:I was trying to withdraw a big amount of cash today ,but they reject my request as they said I can't prove to them where I get my money come from...
This just ridiculous, however , after this I will try to change more my money into BTC,as I fell more control over my wealth, at least I don't need someone's permission to transfer my fund~~~~
chufchuf

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

Pounds? UK banks have blocked bitcoins for a long time, but now some departments of the govt is coming out and saying licensing isn't needed so this could change.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:21:47 PM

but but but havent you heard bitcoins dead? again!  for like the 10th time.  I better sell everything at any price I can get!

I will buy all you have at $.05 each to save you from poverty and destitution!

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:23:44 PM

Pounds? UK banks have blocked bitcoins for a long time, but now some departments of the govt is coming out and saying licensing isn't needed so this could change.
2 months ago I was transfer my fund to MT.GOX ,and it was succeed.....
The Uk banks were sometime very difficult to negotiate, and they even got the right to stop me get cash.....I had enough of it...
mnyonpa

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:12:54 AM

The difficulty of buying bitcoins is the main obstacle of making them a widespread currency. The average online user isn't going to be bothered with bitcoins when they see how many steps it takes to buy them.

The average online US user?

For example, on btcchina.com it only takes to send money by AliPay or Chinese online banking to a designated address, then after the funds have arrived, make a buy order and then a withdraw order, done. I would not call that “many steps”. The only thing to care about is somewhat long wait to process funding.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:23:07 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 02:58:47 PM by Adrian-x

but but but havent you heard bitcoins dead? again!  for like the 10th time.  I better sell everything at any price I can get!

That's what Wired Magazine said the last time a crash happened in 2011. Now they look like idiots.
They never said it was dead they said "The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin" in effect it went up and down. They were intentionally trying to avoid contributing to the hype. When I read the article I thought it was very bullish I went out and bought some XBT (wish I had held until 2013.)  To me they look responsible and I feel like the Idiot.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:31:40 AM

The difficulty of buying bitcoins is the main obstacle of making them a widespread currency. The average online user isn't going to be bothered with bitcoins when they see how many steps it takes to buy them.

For example, on btcchina.com it only takes to send money by AliPay or Chinese online banking to a designated address, then after the funds have arrived, make a buy order and then a withdraw order, done. I would not call that “many steps”. The only thing to care about is somewhat long wait to process funding.

^ This. It's not hard to buy bitcoins.

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:50:50 AM

^ This. It's not hard to buy bitcoins.

Exactly. They just arent useful. Yet.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:19:16 AM

My $.02.

Smiley
Yes you get it right ,that they ask me what I am doing with the money and why I am sending money to buying virtual currency.
I just told them two reasons ,the first one is because Pound is in long-term weak trend and I don't want to hold it and slowly losing my wealth
The second reason is I said to them ,with BTC I can carrying out my money internationally with me without make a such appointment with them which is difficult and wasting time.

First time ever feel that save my money with BITCOIN is more convenience than with bankers.
P.S:I was trying to withdraw a big amount of cash today ,but they reject my request as they said I can't prove to them where I get my money come from...
This just ridiculous, however , after this I will try to change more my money into BTC,as I fell more control over my wealth, at least I don't need someone's permission to transfer my fund~~~~

Did you tell them it is none of their business what you do with your hard earned money?

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Kaiji

Activity: 140

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:18:08 PM

People are so cautious of BTC prices falling to almost nothing that they get caught unawares when there is a sudden price bubble and they start kicking themselves for selling too prematurely. But in all honesty who could have predicted an increase to $266 a coin in a couple of months? The only ones who made it to that level where early adopters with a diehard attitude about bitcoin.

Of course there are those on the other side who lose out when they assume the price will never fall and it does.

It's sad this innovation in currency is being curtailed by the lack of an easy way to buy it online.

Being easy to buy wont fix the early adopter issues. Nor will it fix its lack of use as a currency.

Good to know. With all the complaints 've seen I gathered that US citizens had a hell of a time getting bitcoins. I still believe that the inability of instantaneously buying bitcoins online is preventing most people from getting on to bitcoins. The more people who use it the more uses will come about from it.

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:52:47 PM

My $.02.

Smiley

Did you tell them it is none of their business what you do with your hard earned money?
Of course,I did tell them, but they said according to their bank regulation that they can't gives me that amount of cash regard to my current transaction history.(I got several large amount of payments come in and come out recently.) Finally, no matter what I said to them , they just pretend ignored and the result is I can't get the Cash ~~~ Appreciated what good job they did ,thanks to HSBC....
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:55:05 PM

Of course,I did tell them, but they said according to their bank regulation that they can't gives me that amount of cash regard to my current transaction history.(I got several large amount of payments come in and come out recently.) Finally, no matter what I said to them , they just pretend ignored and the result is I can't get the Cash ~~~ Appreciated what good job they did ,thanks to HSBC....

Sounds like you need to start looking for a new bank.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:47:01 AM

Sounds like you need to start looking for a new bank.
Bitcoin is my new banker ,I am get out of ancient banking system ,dislike it because they always got reason to reject you ,and also they working for government ,if anything wrong or the government unhappy ,they can seize your account within minute, and what you could do ?nothing ....
semaforo

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:32:10 AM

More power to you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: