Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The official Bitcoin client looks awful  (Read 4303 times)
ascent

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:24:56 PM

What should you need to change in Bitcoin client??? You need to bloat the GUI with skinnable themes to attract additional bunch of retarded users who judge software purely from so called "eye candy"? (search youtube for "happy tree friends eye candy") (lol)
No. There's a big difference between stupid skinned themes designed by programmers and a clean fluid looking interface that looks contemporary and is designed by a designer.

Everyone, please don't take my original advice. From the replies here, it's obvious it would be confused with some programmer's idea of what a cool skinned theme would look like, which is just wrong. Stick to what you're doing. Maybe someday, you can hire a designer and make it look really good.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ascent

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:41:59 PM

Here's a reasonable feature request: when you go to send coins, if the amount is *large*, then perhaps a warning should pop up before the actual coins are sent asking you to verify that you did not make a typo?

Presumably, what is considered a large amount will vary over time and from individual to individual, so this amount could be adjustable.
Hans0

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 12:03:49 AM

For example you need to be able to do ctrl-c on a bitcoin address or have provider-pluggable cloud-based backup built in. There are a million things still to do.
You can do that! There is button "Copy to Clipboard". You probably missed it because the button is yet not skinnable... Sorry, can't resist being sarcastic.

Cloud based backup is bad idea. Backing up wallet on so called "cloud" gives 2 concerns. First the cloud can be destroyed by adversary or accident more easily than offline backups in your phisical possesion. Second, even if the backup crypto is not broken, the theft of wallet is more easily done becouse all you need is login information than wallet.dat file itself. Login information is a little bit easier to retrieve from remote systems using keyloggers than file.

Ok I should not have mentioned concrete examples. Discussing them is besides the point. Let me add to the ctrl-c reply of your that I know that it is possible. I just wish you could it in the window that opens when you double-click a transaction line. You can select the text but do nothing with it.

Again: Discussing them is besides the point. There is a lot do do. Don't make us take your medicine, Dr. Trax. I do not wish to glow in the dark.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: