Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long an assembled board miner lives?  (Read 1352 times)
OracionSeis (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:31:40 PM

Let's just assume we have Avalon chipped board. How long it will live? forever or miner will die in 24 months ?

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:33:16 PM

exactly 78 months and 9 hours.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:37:07 PM

Really? It is so precise time.Is there any source about that?

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:49:05 PM

candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 09:14:14 PM

Well it depends on. The PSU will die after 36 months. So if you need longer then one hour to change the PSU than the lifetime increases to 78 months and 10 hours.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 09:16:01 PM

Well it depends on. The PSU will die after 36 months. So if you need longer then one hour to change the PSU than the lifetime increases to 78 months and 10 hours.

Thank you so much sir.

xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:04:06 AM

Cheesy

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Trillium

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:02:29 AM

When will my phone stop working?

When will my TV die?

When will my light bulbs burn out?

When will my car engine need to be replaced?

How long will I live?

When will the earth be destroyed?

How will the earth be destroyed?

What will happen to the solar system?

Will the inverse expand to infinity or contract? Or will there be a heat death of the universe...

Why are we here?

Precise answers will be appreciated please.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:49:15 AM

Ah, if only Google Translate could pick up sarcasm... Tongue
hendo420

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 10:39:49 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 10:55:06 AM by hendo420

When will my phone stop working?
Average cellphone life is around 2 years

When will my TV die?
Average LCD life is 4-10 years

When will my light bulbs burn out?
125 days on average

When will my car engine need to be replaced?
7.6 years on average

How long will I live?
Humans live 78 years on average

in about 5 billion years

How will the earth be destroyed?
The sun will expand as it is forced to burn heavier elements and will engulf the Earth

What will happen to the solar system?
After the sun burns out and becomes a brown dwarf all the plannets that are left will still be in orbit but will not get much heat energy from our sun, eventually the big chill, 0 energy state.

Will the universe expand to infinity or contract? Or will there be a heat death of the universe...
The theory with the most credibility is the big chill where the expansion slows to a stop and everything that is moving uses up its energy and stops, this is a 0 energy state.

Why are we here?
Does there have to be a reason? To be or not to be. Life evolved so asking why we are here is like asking a tree why it grows.

Btw, the big chill/0 energy state is kind of self defeating if the universe has an easy way to convert matter to energy. It happened in the big bang, a ton of energy was turned to matter. When the big bang happened both matter and anti-matter were formed they exist in the universe in equal amounts, its possible that eventually all matter/anti-matter will annihilate itself leaving nothing.

In quantum mechanics particles actually appear to pop in and out of existence. Our universe popped in to existence from seemingly nothing(big bang) and for the equation to equal 0 it will pop out of existence eventually too.

So its possible that our universe will expand to a point that it will reach its limits of expansion, expansion force meeting gravitational pull. Then gravity will win, because it always does and it will all start contracting culminating in a singularity.

From ashes to ashes, dust to dust, singularity to singularity.

ebmarket.co
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:36:22 PM

in about 5 billion years

Destruction is closer than you think... the Earth without life is simply not Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_the_Earth

During the next four billion years, the luminosity of the Sun will steadily increase, resulting in a rise in the solar radiation reaching the Earth. This will cause a higher rate of weathering of silicate minerals, which will cause a decrease in the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. In about 600 million years, the level of CO2 will fall below the level needed to sustain C3 carbon fixation photosynthesis used by trees. Some plants use the C4 carbon fixation method, allowing them to persist at CO2 concentrations as low as 10 parts per million. However, the long-term trend is for plant life to die off altogether. The die off of plants will be the demise of almost all animal life, since plants are the base of the food chain on Earth.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
hendo420

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:12:36 PM

in about 5 billion years

Destruction is closer than you think... the Earth without life is simply not Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_the_Earth

During the next four billion years, the luminosity of the Sun will steadily increase, resulting in a rise in the solar radiation reaching the Earth. This will cause a higher rate of weathering of silicate minerals, which will cause a decrease in the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. In about 600 million years, the level of CO2 will fall below the level needed to sustain C3 carbon fixation photosynthesis used by trees. Some plants use the C4 carbon fixation method, allowing them to persist at CO2 concentrations as low as 10 parts per million. However, the long-term trend is for plant life to die off altogether. The die off of plants will be the demise of almost all animal life, since plants are the base of the food chain on Earth.

Its still earth even with no life. You assume that absolutely no life will survive tho. What about extremaphobes? To quote a man that turned into a giant fly and survived run away dinosaurs,

The change will be so slow that life will evolve to compensate. I believe there will be life on earth right up until the end. We may not recognize it but it will be there none the less.

ebmarket.co
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: