Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm an undeserving early adopter, and here is my side.  (Read 4782 times)
RogerR

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:02:39 PM

Congrats on your work and also on being lucky and wise enough to make it count!

I only found out about bitcoin a month ago and literarily jumped onto the bandwaggon instantly - reading Satoshi's paper and ending up transferring some serious money to buy BTCs with hard cash that very same day.

Of course I am a little bit mad at myself and also at my even more tech-savvy dad for not even having heard about BTCs before. At the same time however, I do consider myself lucky enough to be a quick adopter and believer unlike so many of my friends who found out around the same time as I and still choose to sit on their hands... albeit admittingly jealous at me for not having had the guts to invest themselves when there still used to be a single digit dollar denomination.

This fact alone proves that it takes more than just early knowledge about bitcoins to make it rain now - it took and still takes courage, foresight and decisive action. Without it, we would still be sitting on the sidelines, cursing about Bitcoin's shortcomings and its unfair distribution towards the early adopters.

Last but not least. Even though you may not consider yourself an entrepreneur, you could very well still become one by investing your BTCs into important Bitcoin ideas - hence potentially ending up backing an otherwise fragile startup with some serious coinage, only then turning it into a legit business.

In that sense, may luck, courage, foresight and decisive action continue to guide your path. I have nothing but respect for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohdivino

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:16:27 PM

Pretense you say you're an early adopter but why is this your first post in the forum??

Why have you waited more than 2 years to post a so well elaborated post as this one?

Good point.

Still waiting for these 2 answers.
Your profile says you registered in the forum today !! Why did you took so long? What happened today?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:20:46 PM

Pretense you say you're an early adopter but why is this your first post in the forum??

Why have you waited more than 2 years to post a so well elaborated post as this one?

Good point.

Your profile says you registered in the forum today !! Why did you took so long? What happened today?
Maybe he wasn't annoyed enough to bother registering and writing up a huge long post about it until today?
Anonymous

July 01, 2011, 09:21:44 PM

People need to understand that hard work doesn't necessarily justify high pay. It's all a matter of value and this man's early investment in Bitcoin's happened to be very valuable.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:24:32 PM

Good point.
I've seen many people make new accounts in order to be anonymous. If you were such an early adopter that still held most of your early Bitcoins, would YOU broadcast that fact?

Remember, we're talking MILLIONS of dollars, here.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 09:27:21 PM

I knew about Bitcoin, but didn't act on it earlier. I have no one to blame but myself and I have nothing but respect for the early adopters. The tough part will be holding onto them when the price plummets and when the price goes through the roof.

Greatness is risky. Millionaires have a far higher incident of bankruptcy. When you swing for the fences, you strike out more often.

The question is:
If you have a one in three chance of winning ten times your bet, will you take it?

Any decent poker player would dive at the chance, provided the size of the bet matched his bank roll.

We are ALL still early adopters.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
stringcolor

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:34:07 PM

I blame Apple, these "haters" are just hipsters on a Macbook somewhere sitting in a Starbucks.
hahah XD funniest post I've read today! Thank you for putting a smile on my face Smiley
ohdivino

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:29:22 PM

Good point.
I've seen many people make new accounts in order to be anonymous. If you were such an early adopter that still held most of your early Bitcoins, would YOU broadcast that fact?

Remember, we're talking MILLIONS of dollars, here.

Odd to be some other person - a moderator wow! - trying to answer some simple questions made to a fellow member.
andrio

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:36:07 PM

you know if I knew about bitcoin earlier on I would of joined not just for the money aspect. But I think its a cool Idea. I used to give my cpu time etc to folding, seti, etc.

But hey I wish I got in earlier but well I did not and the only person to blame for that is me. But I am still here giving out what little my gfx card can do. And well using the funds it makes to invest into more hardware.

I totally agree. I used to be wasting time on seti too. I'm having a high hope with bitcoin.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:10:16 AM

Fortune favours the brave.

Or as my CO used to say many moons ago (in more literal translaction): "Lady Luck smiles to those who are prepared".

-
sortedmush

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:40:12 AM

Bravo.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:03:15 AM

All I can say (again) is that Bitcoin is a marathon not a sprint.

-
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:13:00 AM

Still think that this had anything to do with luck?

Well yes, i had no idea that bitcoin existed until some months ago. As soon i discovered it, i liked it but... you need to be lucky to DISCOVER it.

pbj sammich

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:24:40 AM

All I can say (again) is that Bitcoin is a marathon not a sprint.

+1
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:35:33 PM

Still think that this had anything to do with luck?

Well yes, i had no idea that bitcoin existed until some months ago. As soon i discovered it, i liked it but... you need to be lucky to DISCOVER it.

No, you have to be interested in the subject matter to discover it. Your discovery rate is directly related to your interest, pursuit, intelligence, and perhaps like most anything else tiny bit of luck.

Seek and ye shall find. Put your head in the sand and you'll discover sand.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 02:01:50 PM

Ye well i find a lot of things but bitcoin was VERY very well hidden

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 02:13:51 PM

Ye well i find a lot of things but bitcoin was VERY very well hidden

Slashdot is one of the biggest sites out there... anyone with even a remote interest in encryption/p2p would probably at least check their headlines now and then...

...and if you took note when they ran the very first Bitcoin story, 1 BTC was still worth less than $0.04.

I saw that story, installed bitcoin briefly, but didn't 'get' it until a year later when they were up to $1.

michi

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:58:50 PM

I had a chance to get involved when the prices were low but passed on it. That's the nature of this stuff. Lots of investments I (and a lot of people) could have made with perfect hindsight. I see no reason to hate the people who got in on the ground floor. It happens.
Sovereign

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 05:03:36 PM

Respect.

How much money did you make?

12uB1LSPrAqeEefLJTDfd6rKsu3KjiFBpa
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:41:33 PM

Unless somthing major happens, in a year or so from now, i'm expecting that people that buy now, if they didn't spend the majority of what they bought, they are gonna have made quite a profit, perhaps even similar to what people that bought an year ago made.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: