Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 09:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops info for newbies  (Read 835 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:02:54 AM

Hello, I need more information regarding the Airdrops. I tried to joint one just for to see what exactly is this thing but the requirements were to have a ETH wallet with minimum amount of 0.1ETH. Why is that needed and they can see what I have in my wallet. Maybe it sounds stupid question but that's how we learn. Hope this thread helps to other Newbies like me.

OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:17:30 AM

The requirement is there as one method to deter duplicate accounts from signing up to the same airdrop. Imagine someone making 1000's of accounts and requesting the airdrop. By putting an artifical required amount of ETH, this problem is somewhat alleviated. Of course it doesn't do much.. since the scammer can still distribute their ETH over multiple accounts, but it acts as a deterrent and makes the process slightly harder.
Intensity

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:13:02 AM

Basically, it takes six weeks to reach a Jr.Member. More information can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0 .
ceyceyki

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:25:22 AM

Even my friend is junior member and attend airdrops. He gets tokens 1/50 from airdrop. I am waiting for being jr member but I dont believe they send tokens to jr members. And some people steal you information and they apply with your details.

winwinmaimai

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:22:33 AM

Hi. Im too,I need more information about airdrop trust site!
Give me some!
Thanks
FisherHunt

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:33:45 AM

It's a pity, but almost all bounties don't available to newbies(
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 05:38:48 AM

Hello, I need more information regarding the Airdrops. I tried to joint one just for to see what exactly is this thing but the requirements were to have a ETH wallet with minimum amount of 0.1ETH. Why is that needed and they can see what I have in my wallet. Maybe it sounds stupid question but that's how we learn. Hope this thread helps to other Newbies like me.

The ICO offering the airdrop must be operating off the Ethereum blockchain, therefore their transactions occur on the Ethereum blockchain and must use the Ethereum wallet.

I'd be careful about these so called airdrops. Most are not actually airdrops. If they ask you to deposit or send Bitcoin, they're a scam or ponzi scheme.
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:13:20 AM

The requirement is there as one method to deter duplicate accounts from signing up to the same airdrop. Imagine someone making 1000's of accounts and requesting the airdrop. By putting an artifical required amount of ETH, this problem is somewhat alleviated. Of course it doesn't do much.. since the scammer can still distribute their ETH over multiple accounts, but it acts as a deterrent and makes the process slightly harder.

Now I understand why they have this requirement but how they can know that I have 0.1 or anything in my wallet? Do I have to transfer coins in order to participate in the Airdrop?

posterhebat

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 06:16:27 AM

keep posting on new bounty thread, and someday you'll find your account is legendary hahaha

OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:12:45 AM

Now I understand why they have this requirement but how they can know that I have 0.1 or anything in my wallet? Do I have to transfer coins in order to participate in the Airdrop?

They'll put your address into http://etherscan.io and that will list the balance there.
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:42:33 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 09:57:07 AM by iasenko

They'll put your address into http://etherscan.io and that will list the balance there.

Now I can understand why it can be dangerous to apply for Airdrops. If they can check the balance of my wallet and have my identity trough my account information in forum, then can be used for phishing /scamming.

Sirbenjamin

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:49:44 PM

I would suggest you to go on the deeponion website and look for joining airdrop over there. Good luck
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 07:15:36 PM

Now I can understand why it can be dangerous to apply for Airdrops. If they can check the balance of my wallet and have my identity trough my account information in forum, then can be used for phishing /scamming.

You got on the wrong track here ! If you want to receive your cryptocoins, whether it be from some airdrop or some other source, you need to give your address to the other person. And with that addresses anyone can view your balance information. The cryptocoins are not entirely anonymous but pseudo-anonymous.
So, you can apply for airdrops because there would be no threat to your funds stored in your Eth wallet. There's no danger associated, except if the airdrop fails to provide coins,etc.
If you are so scared of being scammed if someone saw your eth balance, then you can create a new address for the sole purpose of receiving airdrop plus that 0.1 Eth required to be eligible. Btw, you should always use a new address for each transaction to increase anonymity.

tree1100hn

Activity: 229

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:53:33 AM

Airdrop requires Jr level members, because the novice is not active, can not hit the airdrop team's propaganda requirements, so want to get an airdrop, or in the forum seriously replies, otherwise, the level does not increase, can not get an airdrop, so this is Necessarily, only your active reach, airdrop is very easy, but the BTT forum takes time, the rules of the forum level can be read well, you know how to replies, and please do not chaos replies easily blocked.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:57:34 AM

Airdrops are free token giveaways that almost everyone can join for a small part of a token giveaway. Some may require a initial eth balance if they are going to give away tokens that need to be exchange to eth to have its value. When exchanging, a user is required to pay a fee and that is what the inital small amount of eth is.

macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:01:40 AM

An airdrop is the free distribution of tokens. Most of the time the developer requires you to do things like join their telegram, like their fb pages, follow their twitter etc and then sign up your eth address. Maybe the purpose of the 0.1 ETH is for transaction fees in exchange sites and that is after you receive their tokens. It will serve as the gas for converting your tokens to money.

VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:11:45 AM

An airdrop is the free distribution of tokens. Most of the time the developer requires you to do things like join their telegram, like their fb pages, follow their twitter etc and then sign up your eth address. Maybe the purpose of the 0.1 ETH is for transaction fees in exchange sites and that is after you receive their tokens. It will serve as the gas for converting your tokens to money.

Another function is to prevent a ton of spam accounts, as setting up a bunch of different addresses with 0.1 Ethereum would be a minor deterrent to stop people from abusing the airdrop.

For all you newbies, the best airdrop out there right now is DeepOnion. Check my signature to read more, and if you don't qualify, literally just posting on the forum can make you a ton of onions each week. I might sound like a shill but check out the forum and you'll see that there are over 6,000 people who agree with me.
Jaci

Activity: 219

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:12:12 AM

Airdrop is fastest money in this online market if you want to need more airdrop you can join telegram group that is Airdorp alert.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 05:56:43 AM

It's to prevent people signing up with multiple addresses but, as has been said, this doesn't stop people from doing so. From my experience getting airdrops can be very much pot luck and it takes a lot of time and perseverance to do so, however, you can make significant amounts from them if you get the right ones.
Briian007

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:09:53 AM

Those airdrop mostly don't have whitepaper, not public dev member. So all they want to do is get Eth from user and airdrop no value token.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: