Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When is it worth fixing profits?  (Read 143 times)
VarDiff (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:33:41 AM

Hello, community

I have a question for long-term investors.
How do you choose the point when to fix your profits from altcoins?
I'm talking mostly about strong coins from the top on market. Like ETH, Dash, LTC and so on.

Are you making a decision based on the term you hold the coin? Like "Okay, I will hold this coin for 2 years and after that will sell part of it".
Or you will sell it after some fundamental analysis research?
Or maybe just based on crowd opinion?

I'm asking because infinite hodling is meanless. At some day you will choose to sell your coins and start to spend your money on your dreams.
What do you think?
Volant

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:26:54 AM

Crypto is only in it's infancy right now so for me it's an easy answer to hold for 2-3 years and cash out slowly when I need the money for important things. Other than that I'll survive with what I earn and invest as much as I can right now so I can reap the benefits later.
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 01:33:10 AM

Hello, community

I'm talking mostly about strong coins from the top on market. Like ETH, Dash, LTC and so on.

Are you making a decision based on the term you hold the coin? Like "Okay, I will hold this coin for 2 years and after that will sell part of it".

I'm asking because infinite hodling is meanless. At some day you will choose to sell your coins and start to spend your money on your dreams.
What do you think?

If you have big money then ltc and dash eth is very good for long time holding. At least you 5000 usd. Otherwise smAll gains.

Its better to invest in alt coins value under 1$.

I can recommended you eth blue , btcred. Those you can see the potential from the charts. Do your own research

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:38:12 AM

Hello, community

What do you think?

I usually look at the chart, market and news about the coins that i hold. I'm not making decision based on hown long i will hold the coin but i hold a coin when something on a trend. For an example like bitcoin right now, the trend is so positive right now. That's why i'm holding my bitcoins for now.
sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:32:04 AM

Before I took profits when the coin was given 100% of the profits in bitcoins. Half sold, the rest is left longer. Now, when bitcoin is rising sharply, what I'm looking profit in dollars. And detecting when the amount is fine with me

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:35:49 PM

Today many crypto bloggers discuss this topic and they offer absolutely different ways of fixing your profit. Suppose you should sell only a part crypto before forks come (just a day before it, when alts and BTC are up) and always leave some coins in wallet for future.
Try making graphs of altcoins you keep and mark their ups and downs. Then you can calculate the probability of an alt pump.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: