Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox now accepting bank transfers from Europe  (Read 7009 times)
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
January 12, 2011, 01:45:57 AM

How about GBP? I know it's a stretch, I don't even know how many UKians use BitCoin!
The UK is a member of SEPA so transfers within Europe have the same fees as domestic transfers. The bank may charge something for currency conversion though.

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 12, 2011, 10:34:25 AM

The UK is a member of SEPA so transfers within Europe have the same fees as domestic transfers.

You may want to re-read the "Misconceptions" section of the page that you quoted.

Perhaps UK banks charge the same for a European transfer as they do for their most expensive UK transfer, but the banks have several levels of service for UK transfers. In practice, UK transfers are usually free and Eurozone transfers are expensive (e.g. Nationwide charges a £25 fee in addition to the currency exchange spread).

Quote from: sultan
How about GBP? I know it's a stretch, I don't even know how many UKians use BitCoin!

Sultan, if you want to sell bitcoins for GBP, I'm buying. Send me a PM.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2011, 10:39:59 AM

The UK is a member of SEPA so transfers within Europe have the same fees as domestic transfers.

You may want to re-read the "Misconceptions" section of the page that you quoted.
His statement doesn't contradict it, just misses the "SEPA" between "domestic" and "transfers".

Perhaps UK banks charge the same for a European transfer as they do for their most expensive UK transfer, but the banks have several levels of service for UK transfers. In practice, UK transfers are usually free and Eurozone transfers are expensive (e.g. Nationwide charges a £25 fee in addition to the currency exchange spread).
A eurozone transfer is not necessarily SEPA, I would assume SEPA transfers to be much cheaper.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 12, 2011, 10:55:10 AM

Well let me ask this then. Does any UK user have a way in practice to send Euro transfers economically? If so, which bank and what type of account?
mpkomara

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2011, 11:04:28 AM

I am in the UK, and I use Barclays France to transfer Euros cheaply.  They are very helpful with UK customers since many of them take out mortgages for french property.  they don't require residency in france afaik.
Sultan

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2011, 12:19:26 PM

Quote from: sultan

Sultan, if you want to sell bitcoins for GBP, I'm buying. Send me a PM.

I was more interested in buying them to be honest. I've only got one BitCoin at the moment! But I'm trying to figure out other ways to make more. I have a few ideas, but the payouts would be incredibly minimalistic.

I'll have to see.

Maybe when I acquire more BitCoins I'll set up a private BitCoin exchanger. But I'm guessing one would need alot of BitCoins for that...

Out of interest, who else is from the UK who is using BitCoins?

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: