Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: personal pool question  (Read 359 times)
hifieli (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:39:21 AM

Greetings!

I have a quick question, surely it has been answered, but, as a noob it is my right - NO! my responsibility - to ask questions which have already been answered Smiley

"How can I see how much work everyone is doing?"

So, I have bitcoind up and running on a Debian system, no problem. Compiled the source, set the config, made the quick scripts so it runs at boot. y'know, "the usual."

And, we have a number of nodes in a LAN connecting to it and mining away. These vary in their hardware, OS, architecture, and which mining client is in use. No problems with any of that, everything is humming along while crunching numbers for us.

Now, if I am sitting at a node, I can, of course, see the hashrate for that node. Is there a way, while seated at the bitcoind system, for me to see this same information? Or, at the very least, a sum of the work of every node connected to that daemon?

Intuitively, it seems there must be a way. All those PPS (and related) scheme pools could not function unless the pool operators could determine exactly how much of the effort each of the members contributed. I'm hoping the answer is something more fun than "grep the debug log for XYZ and throw it into a database. Then, when you solve a block, compile your stats."

Thanks for reading, flame away!
hifieli (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:45:13 AM

oh, is that how the newbie forum works?  Smiley

no problem.

postcount++
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: