Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Juneteenth will rob you- PART ONE  (Read 2127 times)
nachi4890 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 07:46:20 AM

Hi everyone!!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my post. I have recently been robbed by JUNETEENTH for $429.81

Blatantly stolen from me, just took me money like he deserved it. I will assume he lives below poverty level and imagine he only stole my money for the sole purpose of feeding his 5 children, otherwise I don't see how he deserves my money any more then I do... seeing as I am the one that has to work extra shift at work for the next 4 weeks in order to make up for my lost money.

I am in the process of filing a police report in order to track this criminal. He made a big mistake by selling my Gift card, even if he 'sold it' to himself in order to refrain me from obtaining my funds-- it is FRAUD- which is  FEDERAL OFFENSE- and I fully intend on follwing this through until I face him in a FEDERAL COURT. I will be using this and any information to follow in said defense.

thanks a lot JUNETEENTH! You are a true winner!!!

So...

the story goes as follows ::

(Please note this converstation is copied word-for-word... if anyone should have a discrepancy PLEASE send me a private message and I will happily send you screen shots of any and all parts of the conversation you have an issue with)

Note:: I will gladly follow all points of refrence with a best buy case number as well as a police Report, just please PM me for this info so long as I can verify you are NOT Juneteenth as I am well aware he has multiple log-ons

(My posts will be read as "Nachi" and the theft will be read as "Juneteenth")

ORIGINAL POST FROM NACHI: Date : on: July 03, 2013, 12:21:02 AM
:::Link::: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php#4

**NACHI**
Hi

I am a newbie so I can only post here.

I have a Best Buy gift card that I would like to exchange for bitcoins (at a discount, of course).

If anyone is interested, please let me know your exchange rate. I have about $500 more best buy gift cards if all goes well.

Thanks

**Private message from JUNETEENTH** « Sent to: nachi4890 on: July 03, 2013, 03:39:01 PM »
okay do you have the other gc today on hand? Just out of curiousity

**NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:08 PM »
Yes I have both on hand with receipts and balances.

**NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 02:01:24 AM »
I would like 5.2 btc for the other ($429.81)

**Juneteenth**« Sent to: nachi4890 on: July 04, 2013, 02:58:34 AM »
will do. send gc as usual and once confirmed bal u get you btc. Same address?

**NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 03:23:02 AM »best buy - bal $429.81

CARD NUMBER-
6068 3882 5946 ****

PIN
61**

bitcoin address

19eWs3eRbBSeRyFqZpDiMoZgYeSC5zp9wP

**NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 03:55:34 AM »
>>hi
did you confirm balance?

**JUNETEENTH**« Sent to: nachi4890 on: July 04, 2013, 05:11:55 AM »
>>i just saw this. ill confirm now and send btc

**NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »
you never sent it?? whats going on?

**NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 03:40:03 PM »
hello?

You used my gift card, but never transferred the btc?

***NACHI***« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here for now....but I'm assuming this isn't going to turn out well for me seeing as you suddenly logged off right after you spent my gift card but didn't transfer anything....

I just don't understand why you blatantly ripped me off like that? Just because you could? I never did anything wrong to you.

You could at least send me some of what you owe me. That was a lot of money that I have to come up with now for trusting you. Thanks a lot.

**JUNETEENTH**« Sent to: nachi4890 on: July 04, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »
>>whoa dude! It was the weather.. and do not talk becausse as i recall you left too. im waiting on a small snyc of my wallent and its sent

**NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »
Sorry to accuse but when I saw the gift card is used with zero balance but no money sent you have to see where I'm coming from....it's just a lot of money I cant afford to lose. thanks for getting back to me

**JUNETEENTH**« Sent to: nachi4890 on: July 04, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
no problem. just waiting on sync.. I combined the gift cards.. but havent used the balance yet. :-)

----NOTE---by this point, JUNETEENTH had ALREADY used the balance, contrary to what he wrote in his message, as I checked it less then 2 hours after sending the GC info and the balance went from $429.81 to $ZERO.ZERO ($00.00)... Hey Juneteenth, this was the first moment you robbed me.... electronically.  Huh .... very suave of you

***NACHI**« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 10:19:38 PM »hello?

any idea how much longer the sync is going to take? Is the weather still effecting it? I don't really understand how that works but bad weather over here too and no problems synching at all. Wish you would have given me a heads up that the btc wasn't readily available.

I am spending my holiday at the computer waiting for a transfer  

please give me an update.. I did not disappear wile you waited for your end of the deal-- have been upfront with both of my transactions and would appreciate the same. thanks.

**NACHI**

**JUNETEENTH**« Sent to: nachi4890 on: July 04, 2013, 11:18:59 PM »
i have been watching your messages. it is 190 left to sync i see why its taking forever...

**NACHI**
« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 08:12:55 PM »
any idea how long that will take?

**NACHI**
« Sent to: Juneteenth on: July 04, 2013, 10:19:38 PM »
hello?

any idea how much longer the sync is going to take? Is the weather still effecting it? I don't really understand how that works but bad weather over here too and no problems synching at all. Wish you would have given me a heads up that the btc wasn't readily available.

I am spending my holiday at the computer waiting for a transfer  

please give me an update.. I did not disappear wile you waited for your end of the deal-- have been upfront with both of my transactions and would appreciate the same. thanks.

.....WILL CONTINUE TOMORROW.... have 3 pages and 4 days worth of excuses to post still---

AS NOTED EARLIER-- and discrepancies with this conversation please message me and I will clarify with screen shots.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:25:24 AM

So if I understand correctly, you gave a giftcard to a stranger on the internet and you are surprised he took it and ran?

Please tell me I'm missing something
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:37:04 AM

You need to call the Federal Gift Card Police. They'll be all over this like white on rice, brah. lol

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:22:45 AM

You missed the don't trade with new numbers warning?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 02:11:44 PM

You can't see the fact it says "Warning: Trade with Extreme Caution!" underneath his name?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
nachi4890 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

You can't see the fact it says "Warning: Trade with Extreme Caution!" underneath his name?

It only said that after I left negative trust after he took my money. There was no negative trust beforehand...
but thanks a lot for pointing that out  Wink
nachi4890 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:13:53 PM

So if I understand correctly, you gave a giftcard to a stranger on the internet and you are surprised he took it and ran?

wow.. must admit I am very surprised at all of the sarcasm coming from forum members.
I didn't realize I had asked for anyones pity. Just trying to prevent this from happening to anyone else. Seems as though Juneteenth has done this before but no one has taken action. I apologize as I didn't realize scam prevention was unacceptable here... Srry guys!!!!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 07:26:53 PM

It only said that after I left negative trust after he took my money. There was no negative trust beforehand...

You leaving negative trust would not have any affect on his rating. 

See this user for example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=37522

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 07:35:18 PM

wow.. must admit I am very surprised at all of the sarcasm coming from forum members.
I didn't realize I had asked for anyones pity. Just trying to prevent this from happening to anyone else. Seems as though Juneteenth has done this before but no one has taken action. I apologize as I didn't realize scam prevention was unacceptable here... Srry guys!!!!

Well, his message was NOT sarcastic, but your message was.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
nachi4890 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:20:09 PM

You leaving negative trust would not have any affect on his rating. 

See this user for example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=37522

strange... as I said there was no "Warning" when I began communication with Juneteenth.
nachi4890 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:21:35 PM

You need to call the Federal Gift Card Police. They'll be all over this like white on rice, brah. lol

well, the federal gift card police isn't, but the regular police are.
nachi4890 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:23:21 PM

Am I in the wrong thread? I thought this was for Scam Accusations......... I am just trying to accuse a Scam of a scam... sorry to waste everyones time! happy trading  Cheesy

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 08:27:11 PM

Am I in the wrong thread? I thought this was for Scam Accusations......... I am just trying to accuse a Scam of a scam... sorry to waste everyones time! happy trading  Cheesy

This is for Scam Accusations.  More sarcasm?   Wink

Kruniac

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:15:10 AM

He cut and run. I don't see what's so special about this. If I read this shredded English properly, he had successful transactions, then cut and run. Pretty par for the course as far as things go.

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:21:28 AM

He cut and run. I don't see what's so special about this. If I read this shredded English properly, he had successful transactions, then cut and run. Pretty par for the course as far as things go.
No ban yet ? Shocked
How is it possible ?

Bear ? John ? This guy needs to shut up until justice knocks to his door.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Kruniac

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:24:03 AM

No ban yet ? Shocked
How is it possible ?

I've already moved across the country. And I don't "need to shut up". That sounds borderline facist.

On topic - My point was simply that there is a difference between a "selective scammer" (someone that hits you because he can with no real consequences) and a "runner".

A selective scammer will hit 1/10, 1/20, or that sweet bulk amount out of 50 legitimate transactions. The world could worship a selective scammer for their legit reputation and honesty, while two or three people cry foul. They are extremely hard to detect, even harder to catch, and impossible to stop, as the human attitude towards business transactions is usually "Well -I- didn't have a problem...". If you've dealt with a person for $50 amounts, and the rest of the people vouching for him have dealt in $50 amounts, do not be the first to deal in $200 amounts. That's the best advice I can give.

A runner simply waits until the "pot" is big enough (enough trust has been built, transactions performed) and then hits as many people as he/she can in one swoop. They are difficult to detect, easy to catch, and difficult to stop.

A tell-tale sign of runner behavior might be a "great deal", or someone who is only offering large sums of something. Or if they suddenly stop accepting escrow. But that cold and sick feeling in your stomach when the PMs go quiet means you've just been hit.

A selective scammer can be exposed with this kind of thread. A runner is ready to go down in flames (and with your money) and does not care about these kinds of threads. That's what I'm saying.

Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever deal outside of escrow. Just don't do it. Wait your 1-3 days for John K (or less than that) and escrow properly.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:16:04 AM

No ban yet ? Shocked
How is it possible ?

I've already moved across the country. And I don't "need to shut up". That sounds borderline facist.

On topic - My point was simply that there is a difference between a "selective scammer" (someone that hits you because he can with no real consequences) and a "runner".

A selective scammer will hit 1/10, 1/20, or that sweet bulk amount out of 50 legitimate transactions. The world could worship a selective scammer for their legit reputation and honesty, while two or three people cry foul. They are extremely hard to detect, even harder to catch, and impossible to stop, as the human attitude towards business transactions is usually "Well -I- didn't have a problem...". If you've dealt with a person for $50 amounts, and the rest of the people vouching for him have dealt in $50 amounts, do not be the first to deal in $200 amounts. That's the best advice I can give.

A runner simply waits until the "pot" is big enough (enough trust has been built, transactions performed) and then hits as many people as he/she can in one swoop. They are difficult to detect, easy to catch, and difficult to stop.

A tell-tale sign of runner behavior might be a "great deal", or someone who is only offering large sums of something. Or if they suddenly stop accepting escrow. But that cold and sick feeling in your stomach when the PMs go quiet means you've just been hit.

A selective scammer can be exposed with this kind of thread. A runner is ready to go down in flames (and with your money) and does not care about these kinds of threads. That's what I'm saying.

Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever deal outside of escrow. Just don't do it. Wait your 1-3 days for John K (or less than that) and escrow properly.

I hate to say it but... +1

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:04:39 AM

next time, do your homework and research your trading partner. the big fat unsafe tag is a good start to not start.

lesson learned?

solidshotnosh

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:49:05 PM

next time, do your homework and research your trading partner. the big fat unsafe tag is a good start to not start.

lesson learned?

You might also wasn't to do your homework with how the scammer tag works.

To the the OP, it sucks that you lost your money, but you should never risk anything that you can't afford to lose, and ALWAYS assume someone online is going to scam you.

It's the nature of the beast, it happens.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:34:49 PM

Blatantly stolen from me, just took me money like he deserved it. I will assume he lives below poverty level and imagine he only stole my money for the sole purpose of feeding his 5 children, otherwise I don't see how he deserves my money any more then I do... seeing as I am the one that has to work extra shift at work for the next 4 weeks in order to make up for my lost money.

Money is earned not deserved. Lay off the welfarist pipe.

Heh, scammers giving advice nao. The world truly is upside down.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: