Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burst's countdown to Dymaxion. Help me figure it out  (Read 461 times)
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:19:28 AM

This is the timer, Dymaxion Countdown

First lets find what the meaning of Dymaxion is.

According to Wikipedia it's "a term that Buckminster Fuller associated with much of his work—prominently his Dymaxion House and Dymaxion Car. Dymaxion, a portmanteau of the words dynamic, maximum, and tension sums up the goal of his study, "maximum gain of advantage from minimal energy input.""

But what does that mean for Burst holders? Is it a new Proof of Capacity algorithm, a new way to build smart contracts more efficiently, or will Burst be a better and more secure platform for developing DAPPs?

Will there also be a partnership like what Stellar has with IBM?

Help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 08:42:29 AM

No.

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
PauperPauper

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:00:04 PM

I'm very curious about this announcement. Liking the countdown!  Cheesy

The PoCC already stated (other then the clear answer above) that it will not be some superficial partnership with a big name.

Regarding the scope/size of the announcement the PoCC has stated (and i'm paraphrasing here) that it is gonna be huge. Given the PoCC's track record so far, i'm very much inclined to believe them.

Anyway, i've stocked up some more on Burst.

Anyone care to speculate about the contents of the announcement?

pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:44:48 AM

No.

But if the PoCC's roadmap is finished or close to finish, will Burst be a suitable platform for big companies that want to use a blockchain?

From my perspective, all development on blockchains should have the big companies in mind. Because a small community of users will not be enough to reach Burst's full potential.
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 05:01:10 PM

But if the PoCC's roadmap is finished or close to finish, will Burst be a suitable platform for big companies that want to use a blockchain?

This question requires a lot of error tolerance to be answerable.

• It's not PoCC's roadmap, we're just being asked for input.
  • "that want to use a blockchain" is a constraint both unnecessary and unprecise.

Assuming we know what you really wanted to ask, the answer is this:

There is no company on this planet too big  for the Dymaxion.

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:32:05 AM

Assuming we know what you really wanted to ask, the answer is this:

There is no company on this planet too big  for the Dymaxion.

I cant stop myself from going "hmmmm" followed by a smile and then laughing like Dr. Frankenstein like I know something that others dont. But at the same time I dont want to spread the word too much because I dont want to disappoint a lot of people.

Having said that, a small warning to everyone. Keep your expectations low. Dymaxion is not that good and dont buy Burst. Its risky.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: