Poll
Question: btc's price down
altcoin down - 7 (46.7%)
altcoin up - 7 (46.7%)
or the same - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The price of BTC has fallen sharply. Will altcoin price fall?  (Read 637 times)
jonnybravo0411

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:43:06 AM

The maximum is that this will be another lull in the price, and there already as it will go. so they are afraid for the time being, there is no reason, it is worthwhile to continue to invest in the altcoin for them the future.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:43:18 AM

I think as far as I know btc price itself it still in a tendency towards the higher direction, but at altcoins it has a more active price movement between red and green. And looks some altcoins seem to have been increasingly seen to have a much higher price developments.
And sometimes when btc price falls, there are some altcoins that increase and there are some altcoins has same falls.
Well of course for those who doing trading investing has taken into account everything and their respective predictions to respond everything.

paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 06:45:21 AM

We've already seen this a bunch of times. When bitcoin grows a bit growing altcoins. When Bitcoin falls, they fall even faster. So I'm pretty sure that now if there is a correction that alcaine will slam shut even faster than BTC.

In addition to that statement, it's pretty obvious that Altcoin rises when Bitcoin is dropping. Bitcoin drops by means some investors are cashing out coins into monetary cash or transferring their investments from Bitcoin into Altcoins. Thus, top Altcoins will eventually rises because investors prefer high valued Cryptocurrencies rather than new Altcoins that still struggling pumping.

akmittal

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:56:15 AM

General trend is if Bitcoin up then Altcoins down. Because investor or trader withdraw money from BTC and invest in Altcoin or vice-versa.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:33:04 AM

Has the price of BTC been fluctuating wildly recently?This wave of gains was all due to the rise of the BTC, with Altcoin passive following, and many of the altcoin's price not rising, and if the price of BTC fell sharply, it would not be disastrous.Triggered a huge sell-off.Will most of them lose money?

The relationship between alt coin and bitcoin is not exclusively a direct one neither it is an inverse one but only a few altcoin follows that pattern. In the waves of the increase in the price of bitcoin, a lot of alt coin have witnessed increase too while several other just decide to form their own unique pattern by not following the trend and for someone to really win in this era of high fluctuating prices, you need to identify the relationship of the alt you are interested in with bitcoin and not just follow the blanket opinion of people concerning such relationships.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:49:44 AM

That's what happens to BCH when it got pumped up for $2,000+. That's because BTC's price plummets down after the cancellation of segwit2x leaving investors frustrated and prompting them to leave in bitcoin and invest on BCH. So that is why some altcoins will grow when bitcoins market price will fall.

SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:59:16 AM

I think when Bitcoin's price starts to fall alot of people turn their bitcoin's into some other altcoins as they think it might fall even further, so they do it to avoid loss. So it is possible that the prices of altcoins may go up as alot of people would be investing into altcoins. Still there might not be much difference as people will still hold their money in bitcoins as bitcoin's price is most likely to go up again.
amanarora_1

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:11:03 AM

If you reading my opinion, then I don't think so! It is not necessary if BTC drop than altcoins will also drop. Otherwise, Altcoins will go up if BTC fell. It's very less chance that altcoin which decreased. Bitcoin price is too expensive ($12000), so seople will like to invest in Altcoins rather than BTC. Well, everyone gives there opinion but it totally depends on market movements.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:39:44 AM

more likely depend on what kind of alt it is. we have this kind of questions so many time though, from what i learn the price of alt can go up and down same thing always happend no matter the bitcoin price increase rapidly or go down
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:14:25 AM

I think most of the altcoins varies on the bitcoin market. I mean, when the Bitcoin rises, then an altcoin will rise too. But some of them aren't like that. They're like an independent but not 100%. If the bitcoin rises then an altcoin may rise or fell at the same time. It depends on the situation.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
zukko

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

In any case, now all the altcoins are falling, and this is a fact. The price of bitcoin will continue to grow, at least it will touch 12,000, and this is also a fact.

I would not have opened any long positions now in any altcoin.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:37:43 AM

All previous drops in value for Bitcoin also impacted altcoins. I guess you can say that the price of altcoins is tight up to the price of Bitcoin. However it's not always true for all altcoins, some of them are already on the rise when the drop happens so it doesn't necessary drop the price for that particular altcoin. But most of them do, I think one of the reasons for it is that a lot altcoin trades happen using Bitcoin instead of fiat.
tree1100hn (OP)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:42:15 AM

It seems like Bitcoin price for $12,000 is too expensive and people would prefer investing into Altcoins than letting go big figure amount to invest in Cryptocurrency.
I think $10,000 or more is too much for a Bitcoin.
Some people would rather have BTC than altcoin.
henrynguyen

Activity: 120

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

The BTC price is down about 10-20 percent. Allcoins price may be get to increase?
The price of BTC go to down over 20 percent. Allcoins price go to down too

The crypto currency of the future!    ●           RACE            ●    ✔ Fast  ✔ Secure  ✔ Anonymous
▄▄▄███      Masternodes  |  PoW  |  Secure  |  ASIC resistant  |  Lyra2REv2      ███▄▄▄
DISCORD                TWITTER
tree1100hn (OP)

Activity: 229

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:50:46 AM

I see, everyone on the two points are expounded, indeed, should take the market as the guidance, at present we should continue to watch the BTC and those excellent altcoin, to find potential encrypted digital currency, our main aim is to achieve financial freedom.Good luck!
e_rein

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:09:45 PM

Looking at the recent pattern, it is actually the other way around. Often times when bitcoin price rises the alt coin's price will dip, and vice versa. But there is no guarantee that this will always be the pattern though.

A N K O R U S  : Blockchain Asset-Backed Tokens
BE PART OF THE ICO : REGISTER NOW! (http://ankorus.org)
Grodins

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:10:51 PM

Has the price of BTC been fluctuating wildly recently?This wave of gains was all due to the rise of the BTC, with Altcoin passive following, and many of the altcoin's price not rising, and if the price of BTC fell sharply, it would not be disastrous.Triggered a huge sell-off.Will most of them lose money?

it is only demand and supply .

bitcoin not have any direct effect in altcoins only indirect
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:31:08 PM

Of course, it is very clear that each time bitcoin bleeds the altcoins cry. That has long been established even though it shouldn't have been that way. Bitcoin and altcoin should be parallel like pairs in forex trading. That way we know what crypto to buy whenever btc is down.

By the way, what happened yesterday wasn't a sharp fall. It was a simple correction. Bitcoin couldn't even break below the 25MA. Now it's back up trend.

Although it's not as evident because the as bitcoin price rises and altcoins prices are put on hold or is dropping. I think bitcoin and altcoin prices are correlated to each other in such a way that when one drops the other would be too and vise verse. For the market to be active and vibrant and actually work, there should be healthy competition and interplay with bitcoin and altcoins because that's when trading arises. The end game is to always earn a profit either by using bitcoin or altcoin.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
Shamie1002

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:34:03 AM

I think alts prices and Bitcoins price are independent. If people want more BTC then bitcoin price will sharply go up.
In your case, you are asking if alt price will go gown because btc price did. Well my answer is no. I think they both have different factor. And it will always depend on how the market's demand and supply of every alts.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 08:32:34 AM

I think alts prices and Bitcoins price are independent. If people want more BTC then bitcoin price will sharply go up.
In your case, you are asking if alt price will go gown because btc price did. Well my answer is no. I think they both have different factor. And it will always depend on how the market's demand and supply of every alts.
No, Altcoin prices are dependent on Bitcoin prices. I mean USD prices of altcoins is related to Bitcoin. For example look at OMG, the price right now is 88K sats in BTC but 10.3$ in USD. Imagine if Bitcoin crashed to $6K then OMG will be worth just above $5.5. Check the price of OMG in August in terms of Satoshis so you will get a good idea.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: