Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:11:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am still affiliated with witcoin name/brand/site after all? x_x  (Read 10030 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 29, 2010, 02:51:52 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 05:08:06 PM by mizerydearia

From the maker of Please.Bitcoin.Me and Bitcoin.Me comes witcoin beta

witcoin beta

post, reply, upvote

more to come never (see below)

if you have any questions, feel free to ask and even answer them (if you know the answer) in the faq and of course, make sure to upvote as you like.

hint: for now all costs are set to 0.01 witcoins
hint: 1 witcoin == 1 bitcoin

more professional explanation and documentation to come nevers because I am no longer involved.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2010, 03:35:33 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:00:04 AM by mizerydearia

Yep, thanks. ^_^

Additionally I am working on a method in which Bitcoin amounts sent for creating questions and answers can be refunded upon form submission.  However, note that the value of the questions will be reduced to 0 as well and appear lesser than questions and answers that have established Bitcoin funding.
Anonymous

December 29, 2010, 10:02:49 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2010, 12:02:46 AM by noagendamarket

Yep, thanks. ^_^

Additionally I am working on a method in which Bitcoin amounts sent for creating questions and answers can be refunded upon form submission.  However, note that the value of the questions will be reduced to 0 as well and appear lesser than questions and answers that have established Bitcoin funding.

Site looks backwards. If I want to answer a question, I have to pay coins?

I think a funner site would be like google questions used to be. You ask a question, set a bounty, and someone researches it for you, and the question owner selects the best answer or requests additional info.

Admin could help in disputes where the question was answered and the asker is not releasing the coins. Payment by bitcoin upfront.

I even think I've seen a thread along those lines before.

If you pay a small fee you care about your answer and it helps stop spambots.

Protip: Have you seen yahoo answers which costs nothing to answer?

hurr durr yo cwestin is dum

Cheesy

I think that would be better for more subjective questions specific to the person asking rather than general knowledge. After all only they would know if the answer is any good.

Of course the best answer might not be the most correct. It could be best because its humorous. You can have different categories such as "concise" "humorous" etc...

tldr we dont want spam answers and we want to reward quality by ensuring participants get the lions share of the bitcoins.

There is nothing stopping us having a bounty question section either . The difficulty is judging if an answer is sufficient. If you are an expert in some field you could either upload your qualifications or prove it by successfully answering questions over time ?. An expert might also earn coins by doing private consultations. First you need a way to prove your expertness. Smiley

Nice job Mizery btw Smiley.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
December 29, 2010, 11:35:56 PM

noagendamarket  Grin and you crazy site ideas!  Roll Eyes

One off NP-Hard.
Anonymous

December 29, 2010, 11:55:19 PM

noagendamarket  Grin and you crazy site ideas!  Roll Eyes

I have a lot of time on my hands  Tongue

I created the obvious question just now..."What is a bitcoin?"

have fun with that.... Cheesy
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 12:01:34 AM

Blah, I sent 1 btc and answer the question on What is the meaning of Life and got nothing back!

Anonymous

December 30, 2010, 12:10:12 AM

Blah, I sent 1 btc and answer the question on What is the meaning of Life and got nothing back!

If you pm us we can sort issues out for you. I guarantee if you have sent any coins and want them back you will get them back.  Smiley
Post here also if you have a good interaction with the site. It all helps while we test it out.

Its probably a cron job that returns the coins at set time periods. Might have to also wait for confirmations to happen .
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 12:13:01 AM

They were 0/confirmed when I answer the question and my answers does not appear?

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 03:11:25 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:01:01 AM by mizerydearia

There is a known issue with the return funds implementation that I cannot fix at this time.  The issue is in regards to sending the Bitcoins back for those that want their Bitcoins refunded upon submitting a question or answer.  The reason this is happening is because the Bitcoin client cannot afford to send them back as it does not have any funds.

Although users submit funds to the site, it is designed to work with 0 confirmations so as to prevent delay from using the site, something that I have decided was too time consuming and may detract from using the site based on its implementation (temporary come and go Bitcoin addresses instead of more permanent pre-fundable ones).  Because of this and because there aren't Bitcoins available in the client and most importantly because Bitcoin client doesn't consider amounts received with 0 transactions to be part of the available balance, the client produces an error when attempting to send Bitcoins that it doesn't have.

So as to prevent potential misuse of the site in the future as well as to prevent this error from occuring frequently, I think I will be change to requiring 1 confirmation, but only for those that request their funds to be returned.  This will prevent the error of insufficient funds but also create a delay, that should be acceptable for those who want to ask and answer freely for fun rather than those who want to invest in asking for getting answers to their questions or invest in answering to try to answer someone's question (and possibly be rewarded for it by the question asker sending them a reward for answering their question), etc.

Actually, depending on the amount sent, the 1 confirmation may be increased a couple or few more for better reliability of the funds being spent only once.

Update: This has been resolved.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 03:13:20 AM

Will you refund 1 BTC?

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 03:15:58 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:01:11 AM by mizerydearia

Will you refund 1 BTC?

Yes.  Provide me with the Bitcoin addresses you sent payment to and additionally a Bitcoin address you would like me to return your payment to and I will send it back.  PM me on forum or IRC.
pc

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 03:21:42 AM

Using Opera 11 on Mac, when I click the "Ask a question" or "Answer this question" links, I'm just brought to a completely blank white page.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 03:26:11 AM

Thanks for the refund.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2010, 03:33:38 AM

This is a great service!  I provided 1 bitcoin ten minutes ago, answered a question, and I just see that it sent back my bitcoin as requested (with 1 confirmation)!  Seems to have worked correctly for me.

Is the web code open-sourced?

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 03:38:56 AM

I propose an incentive scheme!

Instead of people risking their bitcoin..they could be compensated like flattar. Like, if you have an account, you fund it up. Then you simply vote the answer you like. At the end of every month, your funding is divided up into shares that goes to people you voted up the most.

Anonymous

December 30, 2010, 04:27:27 AM

I propose an incentive scheme!

Instead of people risking their bitcoin..they could be compensated like flattar. Like, if you have an account, you fund it up. Then you simply vote the answer you like. At the end of every month, your funding is divided up into shares that goes to people you voted up the most.

Yeah I love flattr. A few of us invaded the flattr forums awhile ago to see if they would integrate bitcoin but we werent successful.

Should be a simple matter of providing a web wallet although Im not sure how you keep track of things youve shared. It would certainly make for a fluid user experience Smiley.
Anonymous

December 30, 2010, 04:33:25 AM

This is a great service!  I provided 1 bitcoin ten minutes ago, answered a question, and I just see that it sent back my bitcoin as requested (with 1 confirmation)!  Seems to have worked correctly for me.

Is the web code open-sourced?

Glad you like it. Smiley

The props for coding it all go to mizerydearia. I just came up with the name . Cheesy

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2010, 06:44:01 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:00:43 AM by mizerydearia

Using Opera 11 on Mac, when I click the "Ask a question" or "Answer this question" links, I'm just brought to a completely blank white page.

Please try again, as the site has been experiencing a few difficulties as there were a couple bugs during the past couple hours that I believe I have fixed.

Let me know if you are still experiencing this issue and I will try to resolve them and probably succeed.
pc

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2010, 02:50:10 AM

Please try again, as the site has been experiencing a few difficulties as there were a couple bugs during the past couple hours that I believe I have fixed.

Let me know if you are still experiencing this issue and I will try to resolve them and probably succeed.

Nope. Still seeing a completely blank page on the "Ask a question" or "Answer this question" links.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2010, 05:24:24 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:01:30 AM by mizerydearia

Nope. Still seeing a completely blank page on the "Ask a question" or "Answer this question" links.

I fixed the issue and the site works for Opera v10.63 build 6450 for linux.

It was a "jquery rounded corners" script issue in which nonrounded corners were set to false value (to preserve the corner as square), which worked for Firefox and possibly other browsers, but wasn't compatible with Opera.  Adjusting the value to declare the corner as having 0 radius (also square) resolved the issue for Opera.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: