Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am still affiliated with witcoin name/brand/site after all? x_x  (Read 10025 times)
Anonymous

January 01, 2011, 12:43:49 AM

The problem is also solved for the opera browser on my iphone.

Although that leaves the little problem that I dont have a bitcoin client on my phone lol.

Apple fail.  Cheesy
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Delia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2011, 07:24:40 PM

I ran up against the 1-confirmation bug, but it seems to have failed non-gracefully:

You must wait for 1 confirmation receipt of your submitted Bitcoins before asking a question. Please wait and try again.No error message. This is an error. Please contact site admin. ^_^
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 01, 2011, 08:03:09 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:01:43 AM by mizerydearia

I ran up against the 1-confirmation bug, but it seems to have failed non-gracefully:

You must wait for 1 confirmation receipt of your submitted Bitcoins before asking a question. Please wait and try again.No error message. This is an error. Please contact site admin. ^_^

Heh, thanks for reporting it.  It was mentioned in IRC also, and I fixed the issue.  It wasn't anything to worry about actually.  I simply forgot a final else statement near the very end of the script.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 07:29:17 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:01:53 AM by mizerydearia

witcoin has been redesigned.  let me know what you think.
Anonymous

January 27, 2011, 10:15:53 PM

I think mizery is downplaying the extensive improvements to the site.  Add some content and if people vote for it you start earning income. Everyone go there now and post!
Anonymous

January 28, 2011, 02:25:05 AM

Theres now a working transaction history on witcoin showing deposits and withdrawals.

Theres a faq section so you can ask us such things as "what is a witcoin?"

I love the fake news headlines that someone keeps posting  Cheesy

http://witticisms.witcoin.com/witticism/7/Sarah-Palin-wants-to-redeem-lost-bitcoins-for-charity

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 02:30:33 AM

I am not sure how witcoin works?

Anonymous

January 28, 2011, 02:46:44 AM

I am not sure how witcoin works?

I will do a screenshot walkthrough and post it .....on witcoin Smiley-
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 01:03:59 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:02:11 AM by mizerydearia

<a> so if bitcoin goes to parity, I gotta pay $1 USD to post a witticism, .. and a $1 to reply?
<a> and then if bitcoin goes to $5,  I gotta pay $5 USD to post a witticism, and a $5 to reply?
<b> I assume rates can be adjusted to the current economic situation
<b> atm its 0.01 witcoin/bitcoin to post, upvote, comment
<a> Oh .., I saw the "1 witcoin = 1 bitcoin" and thought it was 1.0 per post.  ok, ...,maybe some message that says "Post for only 0.01 BTC!"
<a> so those new to the site realize that.
<b> yeah

One bitcoin will always equal one witcoin.  The costs in witcoins will fluctuate.  This allows for previously experienced users who have a witcoin balance to preserve their witcoins without noticing or recognizing a loss of value (because one bitcoin will always equal one witcoin).  Also it should prevent the idea of feeling panicked, discomforted or otherwise alarmed that the value in relation to bitcoins of their existing witcoin balance has changed (because one bitcoin will always equal one witcoin).

Since the value of witcoin will always be at parity with bitcoin, then only the costs of each action will change in relation to supply and demand similarly to the cost of everything made available for bitcoins changes value in relation to supply and demand.

o/ I encourage users to assist with this (and other) questions and answers at http://faq.witcoin.com/ so that better written answers and questions can be prepared by whomever and each author of the question and answer can profit or lose accordingly based on the submitted content (e.g. question or answer).

Similarly to my explaining here, you're welcome to ask here or in the IRC channel #witcoin on FreeNode, but it may be useful to prepare the information on the site as well.  Instead of preparing the fa questions on the site myself, I look forward to users frequently asking the questions themselves and maybe also answering as well, but I too will provide answers to questions that are relative to the site that other uses may not be able to answer such as if my answers here or elsewhere are not enough information for them.

My reason for allowing other users to answer instead of myself is because I recognize that I am not as skilled or talented at communicating/explaining things as others, and instead of asking others to assist me with explaining better than I can or did, and then submitting the answer as my own, I allow for individuals to answer for themselves and establish their own profitability or lossability instead of my profitability or lossability.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 01:28:36 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:02:19 AM by mizerydearia

This is the basic functionality for the site:

There are categories.  Categories are associated with a single user (for now).  At this time I have not prepared implementation allowing users to establish their own categories and I have not worked out 'ownership' or 'rentorship' in relation to categories.  This is something I must further think about.  For now, categories are owned by a single user entity.  At the time of this posting there are three categories witticisms (http://witticisms.witcoin.com/), faq (http://faq.witcoin.com/) and bitcoind (http://bitcoind.witcoin.com/).  There will be more later.  I will explain this further in another post or elsewhere.

There are posts.  Posts are contained within a single category.

There are replies.  Replies are contained within a single post.

There are upvotes.  Upvotes are applied to either a single post or a single reply and therefore contained within the post or reply.

As a user posts content into a category, the cost of the post will be distributed equally to the site and to the category owner.  e.g. if posting costs 0.01 witcoins, which it does at the time of this forum posting, then the site will receive 0.005 witcoins and the category owner (this word is used loosely and may be changed in the future as consideration of 'rentorship' of categories is further considered) of the category will receive 0.005 witcoins.

As a user replies to a post, the cost of the post will be distributed equally to the site and to the category owner.  e.g. if replying costs 0.01 witcoins, which it does at the time of this forum posting, then the site will receive 0.005 witcoins and the category owner (this word is used loosely and may be changed in the future as consideration of 'rentorship' of categories is further considered) of the category will receive 0.005 witcoins.  Note that although the reply is contained within a post that the poster is not included in the profiting from the creation of the reply.  This will be explained or understood more thoroughly later, but in the example case of a poster asking a question and a replier answering, it is strange to distribute a portion of the funds from the cost of posting the answer to the user posting the question.

So, recap:
posting cost is distributed equally to site and to category owner
replying cost is distributed equally to site and to category owner

Next is upvoting: Both posts and replies can be upvoted.  The cost of upvoting is distributed as well.
Upon the first upvote, the cost of upvoting is distributed equally: 33.333% to site, 33.333% to category owner, 33.333% to poster|replier
Upon the second upvote, the cost of upvoting is distributed equally: 25% to site, 25% to category owner, 25% to poster|replier, 25% to first upvoter
Upon the third upvote, the cost of upvoting is distributed equally: 20% to site, 20% to category owner, 20% to poster|replier, 20% to first upvoter, 20% to second upvoter
etc.

You may observe rather noticeably that there is no downvoting.  I haven't fully established understanding as to whether or not downvoting is necessary since if downvoting exists, there will be a cost associated with it similarly to cost of upvoting.  I haven't developed an understanding on how to distribute the cost of downvoting.  I think that if downvoting has a cost that it may discourage downvoting.
Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2011, 04:05:56 AM

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't think there was a username option but I found it.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2011, 04:12:38 AM

I like the old color scheme. Sad

Anonymous

February 06, 2011, 04:23:06 AM

I like the old color scheme. Sad

There is a rumour that anyone will be able to apply their own css design to the site or choose other submitted css designs - which will also be submitted and able to be voted up.

Wink

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 08:22:24 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:03:38 AM by mizerydearia

charity system is implemented.  if your organization accepts bitcoin donations and is popularly supported, feel free to participate if interested.  see http://meta.witcoin.com/p/499/Which-charities-would-you-like-to-see-participate
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2011, 07:27:52 AM

LOLFEST going on here...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 08:27:30 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 08:03:10 AM by mizerydearia

http://fakenews.witcoin.com/p/7/Sarah-Palin-wants-to-redeem-lost-bitcoins-for-charity
epii

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 08:41:34 AM

My proposal for a new payout scheme: http://meta.witcoin.com/p/827/Triangular-number-payout-scheme

I state my reasons in the post for thinking this is superior, but I'm not married to this scheme - I'm just throwing it out there because I'd like to see some discussion about pros and cons of various payment options and ideas for how they might be improved.  So critique away.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 10:12:13 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2011, 12:00:22 AM by mizerydearia

I am no longer developing this project as witcoin.

noagendamarket and CryptoXchange will continue establishing witcoin.com and also witcoin.org and witcoin.net commercially.

I shall continue under another name as I think of one.

Discuss in #bitcoinconsultancy on freenode.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:26:10 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2011, 08:52:46 AM by mizerydearia

Recently noagendamarket and I, who have been referenced as co-owners of witcoin, have decided to continue working on witcoin separately.

noagendamarket in affiliation with CryptoXchange will preserve witcoin.com (and CryptoXchange's recently registered witcoin.org and witcoin.net) to reestablish some kind of site possibly with commercial interests.

I am interested to reestablish the witcoin site as I had written and developed it with continued noncommercial interests that, but I will do so under a different name and no longer affiliate with witcoin brand/name.

I would like to know others' thoughts on what seems most appropriate for the witcoin community.

noagendamarket and CryptoXchange want to make use of my code base and affiliated database structure and all sql data of user-generated content and activity to recreate and recreate the site for their own use, whilst I want to reestablish the site as it was under a different name.

We cannot both make use of the data since the affiliated bitcoins cannot be duplicated.

I am uncertain how to proceed as I feel a kind of responsibility for the community behind the site that I made and do not want to make a poor choice of either: preserving the data to move to new site -or- abandoning the data for new ownership to use.

Therefore, any thoughts from anyone in regards to what seems best or reasonable resolution to this concern would be appreciated.

Some responses I received from others:

Before transferring ownership of witcoin.com, give users a chance to delete their accounts and withdraw their BTC. It doesn't really matter which of you gets the BTC as long as users are able to withdraw from the other site.    Good luck to both of you!

I think the data and balance should remain at witcoin.com, whoever ends up running it.  If any of you take the software and run it on a different domain, you should not import the witcoin balance (The data can be imported for all I care).

Users would get confused if their bitcoin balance ends up on a new site. I would say, let noagendamarket and CryptoXchange hold on to the coins indefinitely, so if users come back to witcoin.com after a hiatus they can still easily find their coins.  However, as a returning user in this situation, I'd want to know about the changes that have occured. I'd set it up as a one-time page that pops up when a user returns to witcoin.com, just letting them know the differences between your new site and witcoin.com, with handy links to withdraw coins/effectively use either site. You could also have a button that lets them clear their data if they're not happy with the new ownership.

The project needs a redesign and some user interface tweaks maybe...  other than that I liked it.

Too bad you lost the brand, "witcoin" is IMO a great name.    weedcoin, tipcoin, tipbitcoin... or maybe a name without the "coin" in it would be even better.  If you are the guy who developed the original site, my witcoins are with you.

How many active users on the site in the last week?  If the number is less than 100, you are basically wasting time worrying about it.

I feel like the bitcoins living in witcoin should be moved along with the spirit of what witcoin was, whichever new project represents it best.  And of course alert and allow users to withdraw their coins before any changes are made.  Otherwise i don't have strong feelings either way.

The best and most capitalist solution is for you to (internally) bid on the existing data and balances; whoever thinks they're most valuable will buy out the other.

I posted a response at BitcoinTalk.org. As for my own balance of witcoins, I don't really mind which site retains them. No big deal.  I think the concept of witcoin is great, and with a few tweaks it could become quite popular and successful.

I can't judge whether your or their plans are more sincere and appropriate, so what about this solution:

On both sites:
- preserve all old data
- hide old users
- hide content created by old users

E-mail all old users with
- one-paragraph descriptions of both sites
- a link to both sites
- link to a form for choosing sites to participate in

On the form, old users can
- keep or destroy their account on your site
- keep or destroy their account on the other site
- send their balance to a Bitcoin account of their choice
- move their balance to the site they chose or either one of the sites if they chose both

Users who don't use the form are made public on your site and removed from the other site, if their user ID is even.  If their user ID is odd, they're made public on the other site and removed from your site.

in general, i'm in fav of it being less of a business, more of a software platform for content production. biz models are not necessary to grow things bigger i think, but well some people just know those

Hi, Thanks for the email. I think you should keep the data and keep tryi ng. I never really used the site, haven't had time. I tried to a few weeks ago but I had forgotten my login details. I'm not sure if you remember, but I met you last year on freenode and you told me about bitcoin/witcoin, gave me a bitcoin so I could try it. I'm still interested in the site, I liked your ideas. Could you tell me a little more whenever you get a chance about what's going on with it at the moment? Thanks.

I would prefer to go with your non-commercial version of the site (unsure how the commercial version develops). If that needs a different name, so be it. I think you would be able to raise it to a higher level then what witcoin was, in terms of speed and content. I always found that the donation feature was a strong aspect of the site.  What I think is important is that access to the stored funds needs to be restored asap. It will only damage the name by people who will call it all a scam (see the whole mybitcoin situation).
nounderscores

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:50:32 AM

So what are the outcomes for people who "own" topics under the proposed future plans?

Do people who own topics continue to get a share of future posts in those topics?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: