Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:50:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Some Speculating Bitcoin To Crash?  (Read 2223 times)
CryptoBry (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:59:39 AM

I could not understand why there are those who are also in Bitcoin yet are predicting that Bitcoin can go as low as $3,000 or even  $5,000 when a crash can happen soon. I am not saying that a dip -- a big dip -- will never happen but considering the things happening right now in the world of cryptocurrency, I don't believe that it can go as low as those figures.

Maybe if one day USA will decide to follow the footsteps of Japan in banning Bitcoin trading activities, then maybe it can be possible that Bitcoin can crash big time but even then it can still be able to recover fast due to people always waiting for an opportunity to buy Bitcoin cheaply.

Are you expecting Bitcoin to get so low once it crashed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frmracc

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:35:48 AM

It's because people think the price of bitcoin is already to high and they think it will be a correction very soon. Yes the bitcoin price was fall a few days ago but the price pumping back to $11,000 again and it's even surpass $11,500 right now. I also predicted that the bitcoin price will fall but it keeps bounce back to the top.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:10:31 AM

No, the crash is too low, it is very small chances that it can go into that low, unless something big happen like banning bitcoin in some country,  there is a loop hole in the security or big exchanger  run away, it is a bit dangerous if the price go down  that low, it can cause trust issue for the investors
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:20:14 AM

I could not understand why there are those who are also in Bitcoin yet are predicting that Bitcoin can go as low as $3,000 or even  $5,000 when a crash can happen soon. I am not saying that a dip -- a big dip -- will never happen but considering the things happening right now in the world of cryptocurrency, I don't believe that it can go as low as those figures.

Maybe if one day USA will decide to follow the footsteps of Japan in banning Bitcoin trading activities, then maybe it can be possible that Bitcoin can crash big time but even then it can still be able to recover fast due to people always waiting for an opportunity to buy Bitcoin cheaply.

Same time practically business sectors around the universe need aid gently certain to this year, the cryptocurrency bitcoin need Run through the top. During $11000 it need more than multiplied done worth not long from now alone, Furthermore it is hitting new highs Just about consistently. Yet hang on. Bitcoins themselves might a chance to be precise new, yet that sort of value activity may be thick, as of age. On truth, it may be beginning on look like An bubble, Furthermore that ought make settling on investors all around feel apprehensive.   Also once that happens, the misfortunes could swell out in unforeseen approaches.

cryptousher

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:42:33 AM

Might be they want to buy at lower prices, people who just enetered might be wishing it. Even the same thought came to my mind  Cheesy
Another possibility might be the correction thing everyone is stating and also fear from sell off by many investors who panics.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:17:44 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 07:33:25 AM by TERA2

Beacuse we've been here and seen it happen many times before. It goes up TOO FAST with too many daytraders. So when it finally drops it starts a snowball effect of everyone stopping out or being liquidated, the bears take over, the FUD starts, mom and pop get out, the EXCHANGES BREAK, bitcoin is dying. PANIC plunges it deep below wherever the mean has shifted to, which was way below the ATH to begin with. When you have a logaritmic scale gain, you have a logarithmic scale retracement. EVERY bitcoin  increase has been followed by a momentary wipeout of nearly all gains. Even the little intermediary rallies have them. I personally welcome these as a chance to trade and increase the stash of coins. It would be boring if it only went one direction and I would not have increased my coin stash by 4,000%

60659 📦
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:09:05 AM

I think it is the other way around, USA is the one who banned bitcoin trading and holding, not Japan. I am certain that Japan would not follow USA's footsteps because it is a foolish move go ban btc despite the benefits it brigs.
I could not understand why there are those who are also in Bitcoin yet are predicting that Bitcoin can go as low as $3,000 or even  $5,000 when a crash can happen soon. I am not saying that a dip -- a big dip -- will never happen but considering the things happening right now in the world of cryptocurrency, I don't believe that it can go as low as those figures.
Of course if bitcoin will be so low once it crash because you cannot call it a crash if it ain't low in price. If you don't believe that it can go as low as those figures think again. Looking back, btc price was only at below 800$ way back 2016 but look at it now. Since we haven't seen those price ranges in a while it is possible for bitcoin to go as low as 5,000$ or lower depending on the situation. They are predicting that way because they have seen a dump like that happened way back 2013 and it is possible for it to happen today but the chance is low.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:20:45 AM

There are many Different reason why many are speculating this way and some just want the price to go down because they want to buy bitcoin in a cheaper price that is why they would always spread FUD in the community and would speculate a bitcoin crash or drop, but regarding this and some might want a suggestion from other speculators and some just want to be cautious in every investment that they do, we can never really know the real intentions of speculators but I think this is some of the facts on why they are doing it and their motive in spreading out the crash with bitcoin
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:45:40 AM

Heh...  They're prolly butthurt they didn't get in when they had the chance.  It was right in front of them on 2014 - 2015.  I used to tell all my friends to buy some, but for some reason they wanted to invest in something else like stocks in order to look good or smart or 'Wall-Street-like'.  In other words, they're looking for approval.

Now they're asking me if it's still a good time to buy, I tell them:  Nope.  Lol.  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:55:41 AM

Nope I do not think that bitcoin price will crashed and goes to cheap value again. That will never happen at all bro. Some stupid economists think that like all the stocks bitcoin also falls down at one peak time. But bitcoin is decentralized currency so no one will have control on it. If you invested in centralized currency like ethereum you may face the dump anytime without any reason but bitcoin is not like that. Because that is so secured than any altcoins that is reason it is always been top in the market. No one is own the patent of bitcoin so none of the illuminati groups can control on it like how they control on ethereum and other coins. 
Biphuy7eth

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:02:41 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2020, 04:31:06 PM by Biphuy7eth

I could not understand why there are those who are also in Bitcoin yet are predicting that Bitcoin can go as low as $3,000 or even  $5,000 when a crash can happen soon. I am not saying that a dip -- a big dip -- will never happen but considering the things happening right now in the world of cryptocurrency, I don't believe that it can go as low as those figures.

Because they read bitcoin wrongly ,every one think big news will effect in bitcoin like what happen in the past but now bitcoin is stronger and will be more expensive ever.
Bitcoin market cap is bigger than most of them think and no one can control it or make price change when he buy sell it.
they want waek bitcoin that can be easy contrloed by them and that will never happen
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:18:23 PM

A thread named "How to stop Bitcoin" might be interesting.

However, the upcoming futures will make it possible to short BTC, no?

No. it won't. They'll just be shorting the price, not actual BTC. Futures markets are entirely cash settled so there is no buying or selling of bitcoin through them, so no affect on price. Investors who try to short Bitcoin Futures are going to lose a lot of money!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:09:36 PM

Bitcoin is a beast and does whatever it wants. With some good and well coordinated FUD by major media outlets with some statements by big government officials I can assure you it is very easy to push the price to low 4 digits!
And if the big guys, banks govs wanna get in for cheap coins something like that should always be expected even if you think this is nonsense.
When it's about money, power and control expect the worst Bitcoin has to fight again. We as users will get tested many more times of we are true hodlers.
Furthermore I guess you meant China, as Japan is very very Bitcoin friendly and should be seen as role model for other nation states.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:31:21 PM

People have been speculating and saying that Bitcoin is going to crash for ages, nothing new here. Even when the price was getting closer to 10k, a lot of people kept saying that we needed sell our coins before the crash or something like how bitcoin supposedly 'bubble' will explode after the 10k. At the end of the day, it's just rubbish, people that want to destabilize the market by making some noise with FUD garbage.
And if people are expecting to see $3,000 as the price, then they better keep dreaming.
Bitcoin will not crash, and we won't see those low prices ever again.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
milkshock100

Activity: 242
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:34:49 PM

i suspect you'd see an across the boards crash if it went down to 3,000 - by that i mean the stock market would tank as well to 2008 levels.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:52:57 PM

It could be based on past history of Bitcoin crashes. For example, I remember Bitcoin getting pumped up to around $1,100 I think it was the end of 2013. It rose quickly from around $200 to $1,100. That’s when I first was buying. After a couple of months, the market crashed to around $400 and stayed low for maybe a year bouncing between $200 and $600. So it went from $1,100 down to $200 eventually. Now we see the price at around $11,000 so by comparison it could drop to $2000. I don’t think that will happen but it is possible. Whatever happens, I believe the price will recover just like it did after the last crash.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:25:48 PM

Why even pay attention to these people. If we look at things a bit more closely, the far majority of the predictions have turned out to be pure nonsense due to the constantly increasing market. People in most cases look at how the market was performing before this massive bull run started, and for that reason think all that applies to this market as well, which obviously isn't the case. Every round price level has been a point where people were expecting the much waited for correction to take place, but it still has to come. It may eventually come, but very likely not in the way people expect it to be.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:05:00 PM

Bitcoin has skyrocketed to nearly $12K since mid-november without experiencing a major (>25%) correction, that's why some can't dismiss the thought of correcting to $3000-5000. (But at this point it's becoming very unlikely that it will correct that low) The main reason for that is the introduction of bitcoin futures trading on some major exchanges. This could be a catalyst for another big correction, but it could also be fuel for another rocket to a new ATH. If we look at the short history we can see that major crashes were incentivized by external events or 'bad' news.
BitGenerator

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:05:56 PM

There is people speculating about market control, and if in a fact this is happening we'r all screwed.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:12:48 PM

The sort of crash you talk of is a major crash and I am of the belief it will not just happen from nothing, it would have to be something like you said such as the USA banning bitcoin or a major major exchange closing down and disappearing with funds, such events could trigger a mass sell off and a huge fall in price. Other than those such things happening I don't see the price sliding anywhere near that low.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: