View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ForumAcc

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:16:42 AM

dats real sweet, very nice dude.
chirale

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 12:04:11 AM

Thank you for the tutorial, very useful. I am not an expert and I have a very basic question.

I am having a problem with point 9.
Where am I supposed to "Enter the IP in your web browser (on your PC) and fill in your pool account"? I registered on BTC guild and I can't really understand how is my cgminer going to mine for me?

if I stick the USB erupter it works...donates to minepeon.donate

thank you

chirale

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 02:53:09 PM

It works! Thank you very much!

LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:22:17 PM

Did you try to SSH into the Rpi running Minepeon?
If so did you have to configure SSH?
Thanks

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:12:59 AM

I followed your guide and was up and running very quickly. Thanks
If the Pi boots, and you see the green led and yellow network led, you can skip the ifconfig and not bother to connect a monitor. Just log into you router and check you lan connections.
You will see minepeon the mac and the IP.

192.168.1.108   xx:xx:xx:xx:B0:9B   1 day 00:00:00
minepeon   192.168.1.123   xx:xx:xx:xx:2E:2B   1 day 00:00:00
android_e4cfb9c5a6a1e6f2   192.168.1.134   xx:xx:xx:xx:20:4C   1 day 00:00:00
HDHR-10363697   192.168.1.136   xx:xx:xx:xx:63:69   1 day 00:00:00
AMDFX8-PC   192.168.1.127   xx:xx:xx:xx:05:54   1 day 00:00:00

Might be a good idea to reserve that (or one you prefer) IP so it wont change.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:16:19 AM

SSH is working out of the box.

minepeon/peon
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 05:07:24 PM

I have something to add to this.

Minepeon, the dirty donation OS!

I got some USBs yesterday, set up my hubs, got everything ready, plugged them all in, I see the pi happily booting, and then suddenly I see they are getting accepted shares.  I get my IP, SSH in, and sure enough he's got it to start mining towards his "donation" accounts by default. 

Fair enough, right?  Why waste any clock cycles?  Give the guy a few cents. 

So I change the pools in cgminer to point at my own pools.  Save, exit screen, and watch the hashrate increase at my own pool.   

I then go to bed.  I wake up in the morning and it's back to donating again.  How could this be?  I scan the system for the word "donate" and I find a file in cron.d/hourly which contains this:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/php
<?php

include('miner.inc.php');
include(
'timezone.inc.php');

$donation file_get_contents("/opt/minepeon/etc/donation");
$hour date('H');

$configfile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf";
$dontatefile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf.donate";
$tempfile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf.tmp";

echo 
$donation $hour;

if (
$donation and $hour == 00) {

copy($configfile$tempfile);

copy($dontatefile$configfile);

cgminer("restart""");

sleep(5);

copy($tempfile$configfile);

sleep($donation 60);

cgminer("quit""");

}

// stratum.ozco.in:3333 minepeon.donate donate
// stratum.btcguild.com:3333 MinePeon_Donate MinePeon_Donate
// pool.50btc.com:8332  Donate

So by default, the system will REMOVE your pool configuration and mine for the minepeon donation pools, and keep checking every hour to reset it back. 

Minepeon took $5 from me, lesson learned.  But I need to post this here to let you guys know. 

I'm fairly certain the command

Code:
rm /opt/minepeon/etc/cron.d/hourly/donate

Will solve this problem. 

If you look on his Wiki Page for MinePeon he makes no mention of this behavior or how to disable it.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 05:27:21 PM

So by default, the system will REMOVE your pool configuration and mine for the minepeon donation pools, and keep checking every hour to reset it back. 

Minepeon took $5 from me, lesson learned.  But I need to post this here to let you guys know. 

Code:

Will solve this problem. 

If you look on his Wiki Page for MinePeon he makes no mention of this behavior or how to disable it.

I don't think that this is the case.
I've been mining with MinePeon without experiencing any of such behavior.
Furthermore MineForeman seems like a decent Guy.

Please contact MineForeman and ask him to explain.

I'm just realizing now that there is a web interface.  I figured it was just a linux box with cgminer on it, so configuring cgminer and then letting it sit is not the way to do it.  You need to use his web interface..  looking into it, he has it set to take your config down and put his config back up 15 minutes per day by default.  If you have just configured cgminer itself and not his web interface witchery, it will take your config down and put his back up, and then 15 minutes later put his other one back up, again containing donation details but intended to put your web-interface-configured pools. 

So I guess his intention was to only take 15 minutes a day but it just undid what I did by default behavior.
MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

I have something to add to this.

Minepeon, the dirty donation OS!

Hi,

I apologize for the issue, its actually one that is well documented here and one that I am working on.  I will give you the long explanation so you don't have to trawl back to find it all.

One of the most common features asked for is to be able to mine using different settings at different times of the day.  There are many reasons to want to do this, my reason is that I want to be able to mine with one account for part of the day and them mine with another account for the rest.  That way I can divvy up the hashrate of a single device over multiple users if there are many people who have shares in a device.

In order to do this the miner needs to switch configuration and this is what is proving to be problematic so fat I have tried;-

1. Switching the configuration using the API

2. Switching the configuration file and the using the API to restart the miner

3. Switching the configuration file and using the API to stop the miner and the OS to restart it (this is where it is now)

4. Switching the configuration file and using the OS to kill and restart the miner (this is what is on my workbench at the moment)

The first 3 methods most of the time, but most of the time is not acceptable to me (or you Tongue ) so now I am trying the forth method, expect it to come out with a new release in the next few days..

I will offer you the same thing that I offered everyone else that has had this issue, email me your hashrate and hours that it stuffed up (neil@mineforeman.com) and I will pay you back twice the income that the issue cost you.  I honestly don't want to steal your hashes, I just want to get things working right (and you signed up as a tester)

Please remember, this is Beta software and it is under constant, heavy development to get things right.

Neil

P.S.  Id you set donations to 0 you wont have to worry about this errant 'feature', but you will still be able to use it to switch pools once I get it right.

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
MineForeman.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 10:10:02 PM

Code:
#!/usr/bin/php
<?php

include('miner.inc.php');
include(
'timezone.inc.php');

$donation file_get_contents("/opt/minepeon/etc/donation");
$hour date('H');

$configfile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf";
$dontatefile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf.donate";
$tempfile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf.tmp";

echo 
$donation $hour;

if (
$donation and $hour == 00) {

copy($configfile$tempfile);

copy($dontatefile$configfile);

cgminer("restart""");

sleep(5);

copy($tempfile$configfile);

sleep($donation 60);

cgminer("quit""");

}

That is indeed the offending code, however it does not do what you say.

What it actually does is;-
Code:
1. Check to see if it is midnight

2.  If it is midnight check to see if there are any donation minutes set.

3. IF there are any donation minutes set do this;-

3.1 Move the miner config file to a temporary one

3.2 Move the donation config file into place

3.3 Restart the miner (with the donation config file)

3.4 Move the 'original' config file back into place.

3.5 Mine for X minutes (as set by donation)

3.6 Restart the miner (with the original config file)

Like I said above, it is the restart that is proving unreliable and I am about to try a forth way of doing it (I can never replicate the problem on my system BTW).

Like I said, email me your hashrate and hours and I will give you back $10.  I bet you will never find another person that is willing to pay you to test beta code, but there it is Smiley .

Code:

Will solve this problem. 

Yep, that will work, or you can just set your donation to 0.

Want a Wiki account?  I am way behind keeping it updated and I need some help.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
Yinero

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:38:51 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 01:14:15 AM by Yinero

When I turn my RPi on (I have it attached to a monitor, for now) The farthest it gets is [ ok ] Reached Target Graphical interface and then there is the blinkng line prompting to type. But my keyboard I have pluged in does nothing and I can't seem to do anything. Everything I'm useing with my RPi is compatible as I've used the same keyboard and usb hub for several things on it now. All I want to be able to do is ifconfig.

I fixed all of the above, now I'm having problems getting the Wi-Fi to work.

Edit
-I've tried several things. What I found out i'm suppose to do is "wicd-curses" when I do this is always says no networks found. Just like my previous problem I've used the wifi dongle on my RPi before.

-Another problem I keep having is that when I boot it up I constantly see [FAILED] and I have to reboot a few times in order for it to [ ok ] the whole way through. What is causing this? Is it the lack of internet connection because of broken wifi? Data Corruption? Id like to know, because once I get this thing mining I don't want to play Russian Roulette every time I boot it up.
yamancool63

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:25:08 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 01:54:21 AM by yamancool63

What do I have to do to get this: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1030

To work with MinePeon? It works in Raspbian just fine using the standard wireless config tool. I'm running it off a hub. It doesn't detect it in wicd-curses, doesn't even light up. Switch over to raspbian again, works like a charm.

Edit: The adafruit adapters work using this tutorial: http://blog.lemoneerlabs.com/?tag=/Ada+Fruit+Wifi+Module

It's somewhat lengthy (also takes some trial+error), but I got it working in ~20 minutes.
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 06:22:10 AM

I seriously can't believe how easy this was... it took me no more than 10 minutes from having a fresh SD card to mining with 5 block erupters.  Thanks for the simple step by step!!!

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

A question to step 1: where's the best place to buy R-PI? Smiley

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
batt01

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:37:49 AM

A question to step 1: where's the best place to buy R-PI? Smiley

http://www.newark.com/jsp/bespoke/bespoke7.jsp?bespokepage=newark/en_US/landing/raspberry-pi/rasp-pi-accessories.jsp&CMP=KNC-G-SUPP-RASPBERRYPI&mckv=s0OfLTWnQ|pcrid|19206009861|plid|

funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:36:16 AM

Fantastic, worked perfectly first time
Ego

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:09:15 AM

Thanks for the step by step as a utter noob I needed it
Bonz

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:54:31 PM

working fantastic how ever whe i got all my parts and what not lined up i was using the PIMiner way the only reason i moved to this is it is hot swappable with the miners so i can add more without changing settings on the pi

here is my problem.  I also bought this http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115 cause i works to display most of the cg miner information BUT i can't seem to get it to work in minepeon none of the apt-get commands work and i am unable to create files like the Modules file.  anyone get one of these to work on the PEON?

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
MineForeman.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 08:12:35 PM

working fantastic how ever whe i got all my parts and what not lined up i was using the PIMiner way the only reason i moved to this is it is hot swappable with the miners so i can add more without changing settings on the pi

here is my problem.  I also bought this http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115 cause i works to display most of the cg miner information BUT i can't seem to get it to work in minepeon none of the apt-get commands work and i am unable to create files like the Modules file.  anyone get one of these to work on the PEON?

If you grab the 0.2.3a test image it should work automatically on boot. 

Neil

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: