Author Topic: ....  (Read 77230 times)
Bonz

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 08:32:37 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 10:06:51 PM by Bonz

So worked almost as good as the other one!!!!

I found with the last one (no lcd)  you didn't have to log into the Pi before the miner would start on wifi but this version you need to log in first then everything fires up and the LCD works great!!!

The only Real Problem i can see is the LCD does not display the Hash Rate but that's not to big of a deal as everything else is working perfectly

thanks

working fantastic how ever whe i got all my parts and what not lined up i was using the PIMiner way the only reason i moved to this is it is hot swappable with the miners so i can add more without changing settings on the pi

here is my problem.  I also bought this http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115 cause i works to display most of the cg miner information BUT i can't seem to get it to work in minepeon none of the apt-get commands work and i am unable to create files like the Modules file.  anyone get one of these to work on the PEON?

If you grab the 0.2.3a test image it should work automatically on boot.  

Neil

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
bitcoinsucker1

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:20:42 PM

Hello can the OS start a VPN as well?  My schools network blocks p2pool access it seems.

http://bitbook.biz/?referer=bitcoinsucker Bet on League of Legends games with bitcoins!
kosmokramer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:41:29 PM

Everytime I change my password in the MinePeon web interface, I get locked out of it. The "Authentication Required" box pops up, and it recognizes neither my new password, or the old default of "peon".

Any ideas?

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 01:45:40 PM

I have two USB-FPGA Modules 1.15y - Quad-Spartan 6 LX150 FPGA Boards and five Usb Eraupters.

MinePeon see all of the devices when I indicate 13 devices, all of devices start to mine except one of the FPGA Modules.

Any advice?

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
freifallspoiler

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:31:00 AM

Great tool! I had the minepeon up and running within just a few minutes. Great!

1st problem I face:
I use minepeon to mine with a bitburner board. After a few hours minepeon redetects the board and adds a second board on the miner list. The computation of the Hashrate does not work any more then. It adds the last hashrate of the 1st miner detected to the 2nd miner detected. Since it is the same device, only the last device detected is mining. The older miner detections in the list stay on their last value and the total hashrate gets way off.
After one night I had more than 10 devices listed on the peon but only one is attached to it.

2nd thing:
I there a way to overclock the attached bitburner via the minepeon interface?

MaxGen

Activity: 79

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:22:54 PM

anyone know where I can get the 3.5.1 cgminer binary for minepeon?  Looks like the git hasn't been updated..

Thanks,
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:40:13 AM

The minepeon setup for the Pi is so easy, first time, out of the box, 10 mins to mining.
The longest job is the write stage to the sd card.

My question is, how do I run a second Pi?

When I power up the second Pi, it allocates a new IP address, and deletes the original address for the first Pi. then Pi one stops.

It appears to be Reading only the device name at the router, and ignoring the mac address.

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 09:15:14 PM

anyone know where I can get the 3.5.1 cgminer binary for minepeon?  Looks like the git hasn't been updated..

Thanks,

We are getting very close to a new release, if you want you can download the PR (Pre Release) here;-

http://minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=291

It has all of the latest as well as a lot of bug fix's and new features.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 09:31:27 PM

how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:19:23 PM

Thanks for the guide, might try after I get all my stuff..

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:34:16 PM

how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

D-link hubs will take 5 erupters, any more and the power is not stable.
I managed 20 erupters on 4 hubs with no problem.

MaxGen

Activity: 79

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:47:40 PM

0.2.4 PR2 is looking really slick!  My favorite version to date.  Just installed and set my pools.  So far no issues for me...

terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:32:49 PM

Not true. I run 6 on each and the ones with fans have 5. I have run this on several setups between Debian, Wheezy, and MinePeon. No powers issues at all and no excessive errors. MinePeon just crashes with more then 5 hubs attached. I was able to get 32 on 5 hubs running Wheezy on the Raspi but when I added 3 more hubs the Pi crashes every time. So Im now running all 57 my Linux box running Debian with less then 1% errors. Like I said I have found you cant run 6 erupters and a fan or you get weird errors all over the place, you have to run 5 and a fan or 6 and no fan.
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:11:34 PM

how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Not true. I run 6 on each and the ones with fans have 5. I have run this on several setups between Debian, Wheezy, and MinePeon. No powers issues at all and no excessive errors. MinePeon just crashes with more then 5 hubs attached. I was able to get 32 on 5 hubs running Wheezy on the Raspi but when I added 3 more hubs the Pi crashes every time. So Im now running all 57 my Linux box running Debian with less then 1% errors. Like I said I have found you cant run 6 erupters and a fan or you get weird errors all over the place, you have to run 5 and a fan or 6 and no fan.

I will remove my fans and put in another miner, then add another hub.

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:19:43 PM

how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

I will remove my fans and put in another miner, then add another hub.

Still goes unstable with more than 5 erupters per hub
Edit:- maybe UK wallwarts are weaker than others

madcratebuilder

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:11:45 PM

I've seen the D-Link 7 port ship with both 3 amp and 2.5 amp wall warts, check your wart to know how many miners it well run.  I like to have a .5 amp head room on each hub, it gives me higher hash rates, fewer rejects and errors, and no system crashes.

I have 8 Rosewill rhb-500's, these are 10 port with a 4 amp psu.  I can get 8 sticks and a fan on each hub, but 7 sticks has more reliability.

The 49 port hubs are the way to go with the stick miners, power from a atx psu seems to be the most reliable to date for me.  YMMV.
kovert

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:49:58 PM

sweet as a raspberry pi

1 question do i need to be logged into minepeon on my pc all the time for this to work?

edit now i have the laptop and the raspberry pi running
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:07:27 PM

sweet as a raspberry pi

1 question do i need to be logged into minepeon on my pc all the time for this to work?

edit now i have the laptop and the raspberry pi running

No, you only need to run the pc to monitor the Pi and also to check on the miner results.

Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:26:11 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 01:19:12 PM by Lucko

What kind of crash protection dose this have? I have no idea why but I need to unplug Raspberry from time to time(once in 2 days) so it start mining again... From what I can see it looks like eruptor disconnect...

And another question. Even if I disable donation something crashes all my cards every midnight. What else could it be?

EDIT: removing donation from crontab fixed crashing problem at midnight...
MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

EDIT: removing donation from crontab fixed crashing problem at midnight...

This is odd, donations do absolutely nothing at midnight even if you have them enabled.  What version are you running, your going to need to hunt further to find the causes of you crashed.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: