Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Name some good stratergy games  (Read 5400 times)
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:54:20 PM

I love star craft!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 09:23:08 PM

OpenTTD - Open Transport Tycoon Delux

Build transportation networks between cities and industries.  Multiplayer.

Free opensource game.  For win and Linux.

Many servers to play on with different goals.

Search openttd on google to download.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:28:01 AM

Eroge

I felt like posting Smiley

(Fate Stay Night or Utawarerumono)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 10:30:17 AM

Eroge

haha... Katawa Shoujo!

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 11:21:19 AM

lol I don't know if management games and stuff are the same as strategy games but I've always really liked Startopia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHothxZQoWo - The thing about the gameplay in this is that it's so amazing they didn't even bother with the stupid cinematic trailers because they didn't need them Cheesy It's also one of the few RTS' I've found where it's not incredibly easy to just gank people with numbers like all the other ones do because of the way the damage works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw4Bdwwu9VY - Startopia is one of my favourite games because well... It's about managing a space station Cheesy

I think the games industry peaked at around 2007 and then just went downhill ever since really.
Fuyuki_Wataru

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:23:50 AM

Europa Universalis 3 is a fun game to play through Hamachi, isn't that big either to download.

Europa Universalis 4 will be released on 13 August. Even better!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:37:00 PM

Eroge

haha... Katawa Shoujo!

Nice still needs to complete forgot this was an online games topic XD

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Shaltuum

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:47:06 PM

You know something, I wish someone would make more turn based/RTS games that weren't just based off bloody history or just terrible parodies of it, where did all the imagination in the games industry go? I'm also getting sick of being constantly reminded about World War 2 every fucking year, get over it already people!

Strategy games are usually about war and WW2 was the biggest, most brutal war in a history of humanity. It's also the most recent big war. Plus, it was the most important event in modern history.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 01:51:53 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 04:42:27 PM by Lethn

Like I said, where's the imagination? Why does everyone have to use World War 2? What's stopping them from having their own huge battles in a made up game world instead? It's not a strategy but I think Planetside 2 did a fantastic job with the scale ( everything else sucks really ) of the game you play that game and you can see players duking it out across an entire canyon, nevermind all the tanks and air pilots going by Cheesy.

If you wanna stick with the world war 2 theme fine or use a historical theme from elsewhere good, I don't see why it all needs to be laughably historical though.
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:35:08 PM

Fire Emblem series on GBA (emulator?) are really great.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:26:56 PM

Like I said, where's the imagination? Why does everyone have to use World War 2? What's stopping them from having their own huge battles in a made up game world instead? It's not a strategy but I think Planetside 2 did a fantastic job with the scale ( everything else sucks really ) of the game you play that game and you can see players duking it out across an entire canyon, nevermind all the tanks and air pilots going by Cheesy.

If you wanna stick with the world war 2 theme fine or use a historical theme from elsewhere good, I don't see why it all needs to be laughably historical though.
Oh -- someone mention Dominions 2/3, yet?

Awesome strategy game with non-Tolkien fantasy theme. You give detailed combat orders for leaders and units before they go into battle - no ability to change course once they're going at it. Tons of unique races with their own benefits and drawbacks (some with massive changes in how the game mechanics work, on top of unique units and leaders). They probably could've gotten away with selling the games with a few races, then selling the others as DLC. It's the only series I can think of where scouting's done properly, too - where you don't get some arbitrary combat bonus, outside of knowing the make-up of squads, which is actually very useful since you can only decide what your armies will do before actually attacking. They also get the concept of "perfect imbalance" done.... perfectly! Reminds me... I haven't played the series in years....
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:35:20 PM

Awesome strategy game with non-Tolkien fantasy theme. You give detailed combat orders for leaders and units before they go into battle - no ability to change course once they're going at it. Tons of unique races with their own benefits and drawbacks (some with massive changes in how the game mechanics work, on top of unique units and leaders). They probably could've gotten away with selling the games with a few races, then selling the others as DLC. It's the only series I can think of where scouting's done properly, too - where you don't get some arbitrary combat bonus, outside of knowing the make-up of squads, which is actually very useful since you can only decide what your armies will do before actually attacking. They also get the concept of "perfect imbalance" done.... perfectly! Reminds me... I haven't played the series in years....

Well, this sounds me a mix of Starcraft 2 and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, what seens a lot of interesting.
Could share more info like website of games?

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:42:05 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2013, 12:41:53 PM by Kluge

Well, this sounds me a mix of Starcraft 2 and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, what seens a lot of interesting.
Could share more info like website of games?
http://www.illwinter.com/dom3/

Oh - ETA: The DRM on that can be a bitch. If you decide to pirate before buying, write a key on paper, then type it in. You can't copy/paste a key, and it seems able to detect if you alt-tab in and out. If it doesn't work the first time you enter the code, uninstall, reinstall, and try again. You'll know you fucked up if you close D3, open it again, and the UI's missing in-game. I don't keep physical manuals around because it isn't 1980. I have receipts of the purchases in my email account, but they only distributed keys in the physical manual, so I had to pirate yet another game I own.  Roll Eyes
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:41:35 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 05:02:48 PM by Kluge

Some upcoming strategy games (all with MP) I'm excited about:
Europa Universalis 4 (Aug 13)
I don't think Paradox has ever released a sequel which deviates from the spirit of the game and isn't objectively an improvement over the predecessor (the GUI is quite foreign-looking and interesting in screenshots), so if you like EU3 (or Vic2, or CK2)... hype @ http://www.europauniversalis4.com/
Rome: Total War 2 (Sep 3)
I'm skeptical of CA and everything they say. AI's always garbage, and I'm not playing some 10-hour game with online goons. But... there's always so much potential - and if you're into spectacle, the released screenshots are shockingly beautiful. hype @ http://www.totalwar.com/en_US/rome2/
Rise of Venice (Sep 27)
Rise of Venice was announced a couple months ago. There's not a ton of info on it, but I'm assuming it will be similar to other sea trading games around Ren times (though hopefully an improvement!). hype @ http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=18821

Some others:
Saints Row 4 (unapologetically fun GTA clone) is also slated to be released on August 20th. hype @ http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/263381/dev_diary_1

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (true survival horror) is set to be released.... sometime this year (lots of delays). In the meantime, if you haven't played Amnesia: The Dark Descent, or any Frictional games, but like horror... play them. Dead Space is a kiddie rollercoaster in comparison. hype @ http://aamfp.com/

There's a re-release ("re-invention") of C&C being set to be released this year, but EA is publishing, so no links.

End of Nations may be released... sometime. It's kind of a tactical f2p online RTS. I played a looong time ago in closed alpha ('11). It was pretty horrible (bad enough that I unsubscribed from email updates on top of stopping playing), but also very incomplete at the time. It's apparently still quite incomplete. hype @ http://www.endofnations.com/

ETA: Dominions 4 was also announced not too long ago. Color scheme on GUI looks absolutely horrible, and is basically just a set of improvements on Dominions 3, as 3 was an improvement on 2. Illwinter's incompetent at marketing, so Dominions 4 is the same price as Dom3. Roll Eyes (I'm still excited about it, though!) hype @ http://www.illwinter.com/dom4/
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 10:29:42 AM

I'm skeptical of CA and everything they say. AI's always garbage, and I'm not playing some 10-hour game with online goons. But... there's always so much potential - and if you're into spectacle, the released screenshots are shockingly beautiful. hype @ http://www.totalwar.com/en_US/rome2/

I wasn't going to really say anything but when I saw the release date I couldn't resist, that is almost certainly a Shogun 2 mod rather than a new game, the release date is too short, I remember seeing an interview with a demo and the developer totally dodged questions about diplomacy which of course means the A.I is probably going to be the same hyper-aggressive assholes they were in Shogun 2 which rather ruined the game for me because I like building stuff in RTS' more than fighting.

They should take a lesson in Minecraft and offer different game types to suit everyones play style rather than force them to play along with one style and ignore them, you can do that without re-writing the whole game, if you can't, then your programming or design is shit.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:07:09 AM

Can't wait to see the Open Beta of the C&C(totally based on the Generals series). THe Generals and his expansion was a good game, a lot of a rusher game with in-mass army production if played well, but less rusher than C&C 3: Tiberium Wars, and easier to overcome an economic attack. One aspect that I don't like about C&C that SC2 had a good solution, is that your base is all open, to be attackable most of the times in 360, while in SC2 your work your way with ramps.
This second Amnesia must be awesome, I loved the Dark Descent, those guys are the best in what they do.

HereToTrade

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 08:14:16 PM

My favourite is poker. It included strategic thinking but also a good amount of luck. You may be a good player but with no luck it is hard to win. I am sure you will agree with me.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:31:29 AM

My favourite is poker. It included strategic thinking but also a good amount of luck. You may be a good player but with no luck it is hard to win. I am sure you will agree with me.

Thats why I play in SC2 the Poker Defense, a mix of Poker and Tower Defense, its an AWESOME time wasting game.

PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:04:22 AM

2 more tactical strategies

Fallouttactics = oldie but goodie
Jagged Alliance 2 = same

████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:56:26 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 03:26:24 PM by Kluge

Some upcoming strategy games (all with MP) I'm excited about:
Europa Universalis 4 (Aug 13)
I don't think Paradox has ever released a sequel which deviates from the spirit of the game and isn't objectively an improvement over the predecessor (the GUI is quite foreign-looking and interesting in screenshots), so if you like EU3 (or Vic2, or CK2)... hype @ http://www.europauniversalis4.com/
Fucking awesome.

Rome: Total War 2 (Sep 3)
Meh. Recommend you pirate it, then decide if you want it. I uninstalled it after a few hours of play.

Some others:
Saints Row 4 (unapologetically fun GTA clone) is also slated to be released on August 20th. hype @ http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/263381/dev_diary_1
Good. Yahtzee did a fine review of it.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (true survival horror) is set to be released.... sometime this year (lots of delays). In the meantime, if you haven't played Amnesia: The Dark Descent, or any Frictional games, but like horror... play them. Dead Space is a kiddie rollercoaster in comparison. hype @ http://aamfp.com/
Skipped Machine for Pigs. Reviews have it pegged as being pretty horrible. Frictional "outsourced" to the people who did Dear Esthar (HL2 mod), and allegedly, it came out as Dear Esthar, but using Frictional's game engine. Some compared it to a bad story mod for Amnesia: TDD. There are actually a bunch of story mods (overhauls, in a way -- it's a "different game") for TDD, maybe worth trying instead of Machine for Pigs.

I've been playing Eador:Genesis recently from an Extra Credits recommendation. Not near the end, I don't think -- there's a "microgame" which is RTS and takes 1-5 hours each, and a macrogame which contains all the different microgames. Winning microgames ("shards") progresses you on the macrogame, and it isn't linear (I don't think, but maybe -- that moralfag wizard really hates me no matter how nice I try to be toward peasants) -- this isn't unique, but it's implemented well enough and very fun. Microgames are old-style HOMM, hex-style. Everywhere you can move, you can conquer. It has a kind of dungeoncrawler feel to it (RPG elements, similar to HOMM), and the music reminds me oddly of Everquest. Idunno if it was the same guy or not, but maybe nostalgia is clouding my vision. Anyway, it's pretty fun. There's a lot of content, and it's actually difficult, which is nice to see anymore. There's a newer Eador... Masters of a Broken World, I think. I haven't had time to play that one. I have a feeling the original will take me at least a month to finish.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: