Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Network hash rate, difficulty, profitability  (Read 4526 times)
Pinwheel (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:48:00 PM

I'm starting this thread to have all related data in one place historically organized.

Difficulty    21,335,329.11
Hash Rate    199,389.97 GH/s

20 ths added recently  

next diff around 25 mls in 3 days, 10ghs hashing speed gives 0.198 btc per day.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:43:51 PM

I'm starting this thread to have all related data in one place historically organized.

For anyone wanting access to the historical difficulty data in spreadsheet form:
 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmcTCtjBoRWUdHVRMHpqWUJValI1RlZiaEtCT1RrQmc

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:20:26 PM

For anyone wanting access to the historical difficulty data in spreadsheet form:
 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmcTCtjBoRWUdHVRMHpqWUJValI1RlZiaEtCT1RrQmc

thanks a lot, just great!!

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:13:03 AM

Difficulty    26162876   Shocked
Hash Rate  199,529.28 GH/s

remarkable that with difficulty increase on  22.63%, network hash rate dropped from 213 trh to 199trh

10ghs hashing speed gives 0.190 btc per day

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:26:57 AM

remarkable that with difficulty increase on  22.63%, network hash rate dropped from 213 trh to 199trh

Where is this "network hash rate" number you are using coming from?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:03:17 AM

May be from http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

Blocks

Count   246,010
Blocks
last 24h
Blocks
avg. per hour
Difficulty   26,162,876
Next Difficulty
in 1958 blocks
Network Hashrate
Terahashs/s
Network Hashrate
PetaFLOPS

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:04:44 PM

http://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate

Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:54:21 PM

since 5 June 2013 difficulty increased 124.75% and now (if you dont know yet) 37,392,766.14

last increase was 20% at network hash rate 268,495.24 GH/s and now 2 days later we already having  351,314.05 GH/s. Entering the future by creating it. Everybody is welcome!

Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:16:20 PM

about 2 days to go to diff 48239036. Network speed reaching 400 ths, about 170 !!! ths plus since last difficulty change about 5 days ago. It is not going to stop any time soon, I guess.

Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:18:44 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 02:17:44 AM by Pinwheel

hello madness ..  Shocked ..  difficulty +35.82% in  8 days and now 50810340

10 ghs hashing speed can mine 0.1 btc per day.

americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:32:26 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 03:02:48 AM by americandesi

hello madness ..  Shocked ..  difficulty +35.82% in  8 days and now  69008256

10 ghs hashing speed can mine 0.07 btc per day.

It has not even been a day since the difficulty changed to 50 Mil. Next difficulty is already shooting up.
Now am getting a feeling that even the 28 nm ASIC's will also not ROI. Avalons and BFL's are out of question.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:16:07 AM

yes my mistake difficulty is 50810340. Just beginning it going to be over 200 mils soon.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 04:51:35 AM

hello madness ..  Shocked ..  difficulty +35.82% in  8 days and now  69008256

It has not even been a day since the difficulty changed to 50 Mil. Next difficulty is already shooting up.
Now am getting a feeling that even the 28 nm ASIC's will also not ROI. Avalons and BFL's are out of question.

As far as ROI concerns the issue is all the chip producers has priced their products way too costly. The actual cost of the product is way too less and they are making too much profit on this. The only solution to this is more companies get in and competition make them decrease prices. Also as the market matures and ASIC preorder madness runs out, miners will take more caluclated decisions and companies will not be able to sell at huge premiums.

Think it like 2 BTC USB miner from Asciminer.. They cashed it like anything. The actual cost of those miners should be less than 0.5 BTC in bulk production.

Cheers

Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:14:06 PM

hello madness ..  Shocked ..  difficulty +35.82% in  8 days and now  69008256

As far as ROI concerns the issue is all the chip producers has priced their products way too costly. The actual cost of the product is way too less and they are making too much profit on this. The only solution to this is more companies get in and competition make them decrease prices. Also as the market matures and ASIC preorder madness runs out, miners will take more caluclated decisions and companies will not be able to sell at huge premiums.

Think it like 2 BTC USB miner from Asciminer.. They cashed it like anything. The actual cost of those miners should be less than 0.5 BTC in bulk production.

Cheers

if there is no demand you cant sale anything. I also got two USB miner samples and I just love 'em, I can explain but it so appealing product and bring much of feel good factor.

Aslo to be fair ASIC miner offered coupons and opportunity to buy more on btc 0.15 rate for all who bought for 2btc. There will be also compensation for first and second auctions blades. I think their business practices quite fair.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:20:34 PM

Demand needs to be created through visibility.

I am sure that this is an awesome opportunity for India to come up to par with hardware distribution.

Great job on the nomination Pinwheel.
I am open to helping in any way. Do let me know if you have a stock plan or available stocks at hand and I will be able to help with Tweets and FB posts to bring in users from those demographics as well.

Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:34:50 PM

Demand needs to be created through visibility.

I am sure that this is an awesome opportunity for India to come up to par with hardware distribution.

Great job on the nomination Pinwheel.
I am open to helping in any way. Do let me know if you have a stock plan or available stocks at hand and I will be able to help with Tweets and FB posts to bring in users from those demographics as well.

thanks, but I do not have any plans. ASICMINER is one of the most solid companies operating million of dollars and paying more then million dollar in dividends each week.

Hardly any one who planing to enter into mining can find more solid and reliable partner.
I'm ready to provide necessary assistance, in case if there will be demand.

My personal experience with ASCIMINER was good so far. I sent friedcat more then usd 100K in btc without any escrow and I got my blades 5 days after. When power module on one blade burned (my mistake, I used thin cable) instead of one power module, as warranty replacement, friedcat sent me two. One for replacement and one for future emergency.

It is already 4 months when blades been placed in server rack with temperature sensors, good cooling and good power supplies and power back up. And it just running and running I'm rarely going to take a look at them. Checking payment tab mostly.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 01:32:45 PM

Checking payment tab mostly.

I was drinking, you owe me a laptop Smiley
rofl !!!

Cheers

Pinwheel (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:23:29 PM

rofl !!!

Cheers

I know you dont believe in investing, me either. But I got paid 88.4 btc in dividends from ASICMINER-PT  since April. and today just bought two more shares. With new ASICMINER chips coming in November and sale of blades back, dividends are good and cost of shares may  go up too. 

americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:43:52 PM

It is already 4 months when blades been placed in server rack with temperature sensors, good cooling and good power supplies and power back up. And it just running and running I'm rarely going to take a look at them. Checking payment tab mostly.

+1. I also hardly check my blades. They are more or less a 24/7 operation and with regular payouts enabled, i don't even check the payments tab ;-P

I usually get my payouts every evening. In the event that i don't get a text of payment notification, only then i go and check if there was any problem.

Offlate with the difficulty increase, the fun of having the AM blade is diminishing. I was going through my payout spreadsheet yesterday and i felt nostalgic seeing the payout. Each blade used to generate 1 BTC per day back in may / june 2013. Now it has come down to a 1/10th of a btc.

I agree with AM shares as well. They are good way to earn btc without any hassles. I have some of them myself.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 02:48:12 PM

rofl !!!

Cheers

I know you dont believe in investing, me either. But I got paid 88.4 btc in dividends from ASICMINER-PT  since April. and today just bought two more shares. With new ASICMINER chips coming in November and sale of blades back, dividends are good and cost of shares may  go up too.  

Actually I think I was not able to make it clear. I laughed, genuinely  at the humor, how you have described your mining operation with your closing statement.  There was no sarcasm. You have invested wisely and running your mining operations very professionally.  You have always put your money where your mouth is.

I also own some amount of ASICMINER shares. Just only because of the way Friedcat runs his operations. Very neat. He knows exactly how to make money and where to make money. He is very impressive as of now. As of now I have made more BTC in just holding ASICMINER than any of mining setup would have earned me.

I rarely invest in Bitcoin companies because it adds one more very high risk exposure to my portfolio. I will take investment in BTC companies seriously only after few more years when market will be a bit mature. Till than I am investing in BTC Smiley

Cheers

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: