Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Bitcoin Forks  (Read 251 times)
grifter1870 (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:04:42 AM

I just got an Email from qoinpro about this upcoming bitcoin forks... And i just want to share it to you guys....

The next publicly announced Bitcoin fork, "Super Bitcoin" is scheduled for December 16/17, 2017 (block #498,888) though may arrive 1 or 2 days sooner than expected. It is looking to add smart contracts, zero knowledge proof and the lightning network as well as bigger blocks. It is certainly ambitious, but if the fork happens and passes our tests, we will support it under the SBTC ticker symbol.

The ratio of SBTC you will receive for every BTC in your QoinPro wallet is 1:1, meaning if you have 2.7 BTC you will get 2.7 SBTC (just like BCH and BTG). More information about SBTC can be found here: http://supersmartbitcoin.com/

When should I deposit the Bitcoin?

As soon as possible, and no later than when the fork is scheduled. All claims are all handled at the same time within 24-48 hours of the fork. There is no minimum and there is no maximum. However, if you are going to deposit more than 10 BTC, please let us know in advance.

Bitcoin Diamond Update
We have yet to receive the full-node software from the founds of Bitcoin Diamond. As a result, we cannot test replay protection, generate address or process deposits and withdrawals. Until that time, BCD cannot be used, however claims are processed at the 1:10 ratio. 1 BTC will result in 10 BCD (even post-fork claims).

Bitcoin Cash Plus
At block #501,407 (around January 2, 2018), a coin split is scheduled to occur and result in a chain that we will support under symbol #BCP. More information can be found here: http://bitcoincashplus.org/

B2X community reattempt
The now infamous Bitcoin SegWit2x for got cancelled and a reattempt by a minority of the miners failed due to a coding error. Now, a group of enthusiasts are going to try again around block #505,000 scheduled to occur on January 28, 2017. Tokes are available on EhterDelta and their Twitter can be found here: https://twitter.com/Btcsegwit2x

Other forks:
Ethereum Classic (ETC) has a scheduled fork on December 12, 2017 though that is not likely to result in competing chains. It is more akin to an upgrade changing their monetary policy and adding privacy features in the form of stealth addresses.

Even more forks:
There are rumors out there about additional Bitcoin forks (Bitcoin Bronze, Bitcoin Silver, Bitcoin Platinum and Bitcoin Uranium),  however so far they haven't provided enough information for us to consider adding them. When this changes, of course we will add them. We've also heard about Bitcoin Century, but have not found any information about it.

I also posted it here:
https://forum.stake.com/topic/2874-upcoming-bitcoin-forks/
https://forum.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-discussion/upcoming-bitcoin-forks-t59955.html
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:18:01 AM

That's really bad that we are seeing a lot of bitcoin forks this year. Every time a fork is happening, it is taking away few billions of market cap with it and greedy miners are switching to that new coin because of the lower difficulty. But all these forks are actually weakening bitcoin network and making us bleed. Instead of such fork, it is always desirable for the community to stay with bitcoin only and not with any other forked coins. Just sad!

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:31:32 AM

That's really bad that we are seeing a lot of bitcoin forks this year. Every time a fork is happening, it is taking away few billions of market cap with it and greedy miners are switching to that new coin because of the lower difficulty. But all these forks are actually weakening bitcoin network and making us bleed. Instead of such fork, it is always desirable for the community to stay with bitcoin only and not with any other forked coins. Just sad!

that is correct, but on the other hand I am deeply dismayed recently on the inefficiency of the bitcoin network and maybe this is a reason new currencies are showing. I believe that bitcoin really must solve its problems if it is to survive 

junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:42:36 AM

Pardon me for this newbie question, but is it fine to do nothing? For now I only have a wallet at blockchain.info (I am planning to buy a hardware wallet soon but probably next year).
In this blockchain.info wallet I have a bit of Bitcoin (less than 1), and I also have less than 1 Bitcoin at Fairlay (sports betting company) stuck there for now as I am waiting for a bet to be settled and paid on January 1st.

Should I do anything? These forks are getting confusing especially for me since I have a good amount not on my wallet right now and waiting to be paid next month.
Thanks for any help.  Wink
JohnYossarian

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:48:19 AM

Just make sure you controll the private keys of your bitcoin. When you do, it's ok to do nothing, you can sell the forked coins anytime you want or just keep'm if you think they will rise in price.
Disna

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:01:18 AM

Maybe some people will be happy with the news about Bitcoin forks, as they will get new coins with the amount of bitcoin they have.
whether the rise of bitcoin fork will weaken the bitcoin price?
stevedavid1

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:03:52 AM

Guys, Is there any Bitcoin Fork coming soon?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:52:10 PM

If the people who are supporting and pushing these forks were looking for bitcoin best interest, they would've helped the core developers to finish updates faster etc. but that's not the case, they are trying to push their centralized coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: