Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:04:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The boring airdrop projects  (Read 343 times)
treepixel (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:28:32 AM

There was a time when ERC20 airdrops had these amazing websites, ANN threads and elaborate white papers. Of course they didn't intend to do any of those things - but it was still strangely fun to see the work they put into making these projects seem legitimate. They knew how to create hype and get people interested.

And yet this month there's been an abundance of ERC20 airdrop projects that have:

1.) A boring ANN thread - just a wall of text, no pictures, nothing interesting
2.) No website
3.) No white papers
4.) Thread started by a 1-post wonder.

To the fake devs of these projects, if you're reading this: Please put more work into creating your fake projects so that it's at least interesting to read.
Thanks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptounite

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 09:39:50 AM

There was a time when ERC20 airdrops had these amazing websites, ANN threads and elaborate white papers. Of course they didn't intend to do any of those things - but it was still strangely fun to see the work they put into making these projects seem legitimate. They knew how to create hype and get people interested.

And yet this month there's been an abundance of ERC20 airdrop projects that have:

2.) No website
3.) No white papers

To the fake devs of these projects, if you're reading this: Please put more work into creating your fake projects so that it's at least interesting to read.
Thanks.

I don't know what's the use of free coins that doesn't have any real value. there are a lot of wonderful projects that aren't free but great.

treepixel (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:44:27 AM

I don't know what's the use of free coins that doesn't have any real value. there are a lot of wonderful projects that aren't free but great.

No value at all other than to be traded on etherdelta.

But they can at least put some effort into pretending they're going to have their own payment card and be working closely with a big bank  Cheesy. A few months ago the airdrops were elaborate, now they're lazy text posts with no website or anything.
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

It is very rare to find something of value for free, right? It contradicts the whole concept of Value  Grin

treepixel (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:46:22 AM

It is very rare to find something of value for free, right? It contradicts the whole concept of Value  Grin

I know I should be annoyed at the fake projects.
Yet I'm more annoyed at how lazy these fake projects are  Tongue.
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:34:40 PM

Sometime... they are not being lazy... they just want to collect all of your data, so he can use the gathered information to participate all other airdrops  Grin

You know... create a cryptocurrency nowadays is much simpler... No doubt someone would do that for your precious data.
Jonashe

Activity: 194

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 12:37:18 PM

Because most of them are just here to hack you. They ask for you personnal data and it makes you more vulnerable to attack. You are attracted for the free principe, but 70% of airdrop don't even launch so it's just your data that they want.

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
treepixel (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:57:59 PM

Because most of them are just here to hack you. They ask for you personnal data and it makes you more vulnerable to attack. You are attracted for the free principe, but 70% of airdrop don't even launch so it's just your data that they want.
Good point.
It's also very frustrating to see details posted publicly in the airdrop spreadsheets for anyone to abuse.
KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:06:25 PM

Yeah there will be scams everywhere. No need to worry about them. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
SainagBurra

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:27:48 PM

Not all those airdrops are fake. Just see Bitcoin Red.You will change your opinion,

Electroneum
tangbori

Activity: 272
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:29:24 PM

2.) No website
3.) No white papers

Thanks.

Those airdrop guys are just after quick money, many of them do not have website, no roadmap or whitepaper and the dev keep asking for donations.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:33:32 PM

2.) No website
3.) No white papers

Thanks.
Haha at least give us some entertainment, It is that easy now to create a token with a bs idea and then hope to make some money from it, I agree that some effort should be put into these scams instead of sheer laziness😁 but seriously they just need to stop.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:39:55 PM

is it because of this airdrops that i have several tokens on my wallets that i just don't know what they are. and i know that i did not take part in any of these airdrops if they had one. and i have to admit that i am too lazy to search what these tokens are.

Lottereum
Ethereum Platinum
MicroMoney
XENON
VIU
INS Promo

do i need a stopp advertising sticker for me ETH addresses?

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:34:38 PM

2.) No website
3.) No white papers

Thanks.

Still i wonder how those crap tokens get exchanged for ETH. I mean they are not even usefull to wipe my ass.

It just text with lies and empty promises

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:45:30 PM

2.) No website
3.) No white papers

Thanks.

These coins don't have any use, but every one who 's taking part in these airdrops hope that the exchange will make pump and you will able to sell for good money. I see the reason here.

Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:58:10 PM

Bahhh the same sh*t was going with altcoins several years ago. But those token starters are going some nice work - they are making vaccination for Ethereum owners and traders. Some will give to lovely Alice private key and will have Ether disappear, some will buy useless token, some will just loose the time. But look at hte benefits - a lot of people got acquainted with Etherdelta, Ethereum, smart contract, 2 FA and so on. So let the airdrops go on!
Jonashe

Activity: 194

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 03:35:19 PM

Bahhh the same sh*t was going with altcoins several years ago. But those token starters are going some nice work - they are making vaccination for Ethereum owners and traders. Some will give to lovely Alice private key and will have Ether disappear, some will buy useless token, some will just loose the time. But look at hte benefits - a lot of people got acquainted with Etherdelta, Ethereum, smart contract, 2 FA and so on. So let the airdrops go on!

Yes but how much lose it ? It's half their fault, but anyway. You can't survive here if you don't have the minimal requirement for security.

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:49:01 PM

2.) No website
3.) No white papers

Thanks.
Because that takes a little efford to do that. As you can see many airdrop scam project with similar thread. I was suspecting it as the same person try to create so many shit token and since the listed in etherdelta was so easy and the scammers are generating more and more shitcoin.
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:13:37 PM

Not all those airdrops are fake. Just see Bitcoin Red.You will change your opinion,
I wanted to give an example like this. I gave you, very nice. I think all the projects are not the same, 2/4 of them can change your fate. And value can increase suddenly.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Qpeep

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:36:55 PM

This is just background noise, we should just recognize it for what it is and close those boring pages immediately. Pointless crap.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: