Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:41:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCH withdrawal to BTC adress  (Read 447 times)
aafreybtc (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:01:23 AM

Hello,

I accidentally made a BCH withdrawal to my BTC adress instead of sending it to my BCH adress. So i won't surprise you i didn't receive it yet.

Is there anything i can do about this? I read something about using a privatekey on your BTC adress to claim your BCH? Is this possible and how can i realise this?

I made the withdrawal from wex.nz to my bitpay account. The support team of wex sent me an email with the link of the transaction on blockchair. I also send an email to bitpay for support however i didn't receive a respons from them yet.

If there already was a topic on this subject i apologize for the inconvience.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings.

Aaron

racquemis

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:07:34 AM

The private key would be to import your BTC address to another wallet....
Can you post the link to the transaction?
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1263

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:10:11 AM

I accidentally made a BCH withdrawal to my BTC adress instead of sending it to my BCH adress. So i won't surprise you i didn't receive it yet.
Well several newbies recently have been making this mistake and sending BCH to a BTC wallet. Your coins will be lost forever if you do so. Since both of them are different currencies and they are not same you cannot "mix" the two.

Is there anything i can do about this? I read something about using a privatekey on your BTC adress to claim your BCH? Is this possible and how can i realise this?

I made the withdrawal from wex.nz to my bitpay account. The support team of wex sent me an email with the link of the transaction on blockchair. I also send an email to bitpay for support however i didn't receive a respons from them yet.
You should contact support on wex.nz and bitpay explaining your situations to both. It depends on the website to take care of the issue. You cannot do anything about it. Let this be the first and the last lesson for you. Never send BCH to BTC wallet or vice versa, Never send OMNI tokens to Ethereum wallet and so on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:11:23 AM

BCH and BTC are on seperate chains, so you'll need to manage to get your hands on the private key of the address that you sent the funds into.
Everything you can do is to wait answer from Bitpay team, and if they tell you that they cannot help you, then your BCH is long gone.
Best of luck, keep us updated about our situation.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
UltraMegaSick

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:12:39 AM

Hello,

Greetings.

Aaron

Get in touch with Bitpay and see if they can help you out with this matter, I think there's nothing to do about , but who knows.
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:16:42 AM

The private key would be to import your BTC address to another wallet....
Can you post the link to the transaction?
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/transaction/244956547
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:24:04 AM

Well several newbies recently have been making this mistake and sending BCH to a BTC wallet. Your coins will be lost forever if you do so. Since both of them are different currencies and they are not same you cannot "mix" the two.

You should contact support on wex.nz and bitpay explaining your situations to both. It depends on the website to take care of the issue. You cannot do anything about it. Let this be the first and the last lesson for you. Never send BCH to BTC wallet or vice versa, Never send OMNI tokens to Ethereum wallet and so on.

No i won't be making this mistake twice, thanks for your reply
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:33:18 AM

BCH and BTC are on seperate chains, so you'll need to manage to get your hands on the private key of the address that you sent the funds into.
Everything you can do is to wait answer from Bitpay team, and if they tell you that they cannot help you, then your BCH is long gone.
Best of luck, keep us updated about our situation.

How can i get this private key and how do i use it for this issue?

Still waiting for bitpay to reply..

thanks
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:19:10 PM

Can i do the same that is recommended on this topic?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2499472.0
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:37:09 PM

Hello,

Greetings.

Aaron

Only way! You contact to person hold BTC wallet you sent BCH to it! And request they help you! But i think is unable and can not do it at this times
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:40:38 PM

If you did the transaction to a non segwit address then you can export the private of that particular BTC address and import it into a BCH client. I did a search for you on Google, this guide tells you how to export your private keys from you wallet: https://github.com/bitpay/copay/issues/5859#issuecomment-294537858
onnz423

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:46:29 PM

thanks

I should have mentioned that the one who owns the bitcoin wallet, owns the private key. So if you sent to bitpay, only they can access the funds on the private key.
Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash use the  same private keys, so you can still spend the funds and they are not lost. Bitpay support is fairly quickly in my opinion, so you should not have much of a problem with that.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:56:36 PM

thanks

I should have mentioned that the one who owns the bitcoin wallet, owns the private key. So if you sent to bitpay, only they can access the funds on the private key.
Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash use the  same private keys, so you can still spend the funds and they are not lost. Bitpay support is fairly quickly in my opinion, so you should not have much of a problem with that.

Thanks, i will wait for bitpay to respons and hope that they are helpfull... fingers crossed
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:05:03 PM

so my guess is 1LfqTBBFP the BTC address on topic here.
I'm not quite familiar with bitpay but I read that bitpay wallet user owns the key
if you have its privkey meaning you are in control of the address
you can simply use the same privkey and import into your BCH wallet
you need to ask bitpay how to extract a privkey of your specific address

onnz423

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:12:32 PM

I'm not quite familiar with bitpay but I read that bitpay wallet user owns the key

Oh wait. Good point. Im not sure if OP meant paid invoice or sending into the mobile wallet.
I think that he should address this, before we proceed with the thread.
If it's a bitpay invoice, only bitpay can access the funds but if he was talking about mobile wallet, then that would be alot of different.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:17:37 PM

Oh wait. Good point. Im not sure if OP meant paid invoice or sending into the mobile wallet.
I think that he should address this, before we proceed with the thread.
If it's a bitpay invoice, only bitpay can access the funds but if he was talking about mobile wallet, then that would be alot of different.

It was not an invoice from bitpay. I just needed some BCH on my Bitpay wallet to pay for something else.

aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:23:45 PM

Your quess is right, So i need Bitpay to reply badly.. When they do i will asked them what you said.

I'll keep you all updated on what they sais and if they can and will help me.

Thanks a lot everybody
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:31:28 PM

If you did the transaction to a non segwit address then you can export the private of that particular BTC address and import it into a BCH client. I did a search for you on Google, this guide tells you how to export your private keys from you wallet: https://github.com/bitpay/copay/issues/5859#issuecomment-294537858

Thanks will look in to that
onnz423

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:49:52 PM

Well OP, i guess it is your lucky day.

WARNING! THE NEXT PROCEDURE WILL REVEAL YOUR PRIVATE KEY ON YOUR DEVICE SO BE SURE NOT TO HAVE MALWARE. I suggest creating a new bitpay wallet straight after recovering the BCH.
On bitpay mobile wallet app, go to settings -> personal wallet -> more options -> export wallet -> put a password there -> copy to clipboard.
After getting a very long string, use SJCL demo to decrypt it. Put the password that you used on bitpay to the password field, then paste the long strange to the "Ciphertext" field.
It should give something like this under the "Plaintext" field:

Code:
{"coin":"btc","network":"livenet","xPrivKey":"xprv9s21ZrQH143K3PkFJNTnjrLPUMxfHbMLErmnea2xoTPU26KEdZHsu9cpVqqcui641Hjq4sQ7oycxh7UWSRALWDmSZsjXCJmgqJDUsGFiqWj","xPubKey":"xpub6DCEXCnvf13iV13dN6on3LPdQHqgk2JivfiGuhZvKpnMWfRPafMHaKBev5pVuhssR7fPBSevuZRML4U9b1mEacyPiJ8zhAKDxuwBoqwoQYt","requestPrivKey":"c326899ec07a6188f01c5bf6e252a7b7deb7876efcfbdc9a0c96997f778d7656","requestPubKey":"0310ede905976ea0a43c174dbe9ea320e6b851fb5fb0818ea82b4196d710c82f6e","copayerId":"217530644c7e059112a3979cc9c290d15ccc4c41fa745331e599819f82e87fdd","publicKeyRing":[{"xPubKey":"xpub6DCEXCnvf13iV13dN6on3LPdQHqgk2JivfiGuhZvKpnMWfRPafMHaKBev5pVuhssR7fPBSevuZRML4U9b1mEacyPiJ8zhAKDxuwBoqwoQYt","requestPubKey":"0310ede905976ea0a43c174dbe9ea320e6b851fb5fb0818ea82b4196d710c82f6e"}],"walletId":"0e35a5ca-fba1-4b21-b786-c8d8df444861","walletName":"Personal Wallet","m":1,"n":1,"walletPrivKey":"3a3eb46e3ffd138a5f30622f8dde9386af459002e77e27457e2cdec0a63315ce","personalEncryptingKey":"EeK/KwqfPBy8DtO63CYhjw==","sharedEncryptingKey":"O/BSl9i+98dKT2kUb2DEwA==","copayerName":"me","mnemonic":"view hope impose control wood bamboo scrub seed catalog tooth canyon zero","entropySource":"8affc9a9cab00b6c947dc9255cb2756d233bc2667f74da006aff8152c4042100","mnemonicHasPassphrase":false,"derivationStrategy":"BIP44","account":0,"compliantDerivation":true,"addressType":"P2PKH","addressBook":[]}

as you can see there is "xPrivKey" field at the beginning of the plaintext, copy paste that and download Electron cash. Then open it, press create new wallet -> standard wallet -> use public or private keys -> and paste the xPrivKey there which in my case would be:

Code:
xprv9s21ZrQH143K3PkFJNTnjrLPUMxfHbMLErmnea2xoTPU26KEdZHsu9cpVqqcui641Hjq4sQ7oycxh7UWSRALWDmSZsjXCJmgqJDUsGFiqWj

then just press next, and your BCH should be spendable right away.

Let me know if you have any more extra questions (it is a pretty technical guide), i did write this guide just for you so i hope it is helpful Smiley

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
aafreybtc (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:07:13 PM

Well OP, i guess it is your lucky day.

WARNING! THE NEXT PROCEDURE WILL REVEAL YOUR PRIVATE KEY ON YOUR DEVICE SO BE SURE NOT TO HAVE MALWARE. I suggest creating a new bitpay wallet straight after recovering the BCH.
On bitpay mobile wallet app, go to settings -> personal wallet -> more options -> export wallet -> put a password there -> copy to clipboard.
After getting a very long string, use SJCL demo to decrypt it. Put the password that you used on bitpay to the password field, then paste the long strange to the "Ciphertext" field.
It should give something like this under the "Plaintext" field:

Code:
{"coin":"btc","network":"livenet","xPrivKey":"xprv9s21ZrQH143K3PkFJNTnjrLPUMxfHbMLErmnea2xoTPU26KEdZHsu9cpVqqcui641Hjq4sQ7oycxh7UWSRALWDmSZsjXCJmgqJDUsGFiqWj","xPubKey":"xpub6DCEXCnvf13iV13dN6on3LPdQHqgk2JivfiGuhZvKpnMWfRPafMHaKBev5pVuhssR7fPBSevuZRML4U9b1mEacyPiJ8zhAKDxuwBoqwoQYt","requestPrivKey":"c326899ec07a6188f01c5bf6e252a7b7deb7876efcfbdc9a0c96997f778d7656","requestPubKey":"0310ede905976ea0a43c174dbe9ea320e6b851fb5fb0818ea82b4196d710c82f6e","copayerId":"217530644c7e059112a3979cc9c290d15ccc4c41fa745331e599819f82e87fdd","publicKeyRing":[{"xPubKey":"xpub6DCEXCnvf13iV13dN6on3LPdQHqgk2JivfiGuhZvKpnMWfRPafMHaKBev5pVuhssR7fPBSevuZRML4U9b1mEacyPiJ8zhAKDxuwBoqwoQYt","requestPubKey":"0310ede905976ea0a43c174dbe9ea320e6b851fb5fb0818ea82b4196d710c82f6e"}],"walletId":"0e35a5ca-fba1-4b21-b786-c8d8df444861","walletName":"Personal Wallet","m":1,"n":1,"walletPrivKey":"3a3eb46e3ffd138a5f30622f8dde9386af459002e77e27457e2cdec0a63315ce","personalEncryptingKey":"EeK/KwqfPBy8DtO63CYhjw==","sharedEncryptingKey":"O/BSl9i+98dKT2kUb2DEwA==","copayerName":"me","mnemonic":"view hope impose control wood bamboo scrub seed catalog tooth canyon zero","entropySource":"8affc9a9cab00b6c947dc9255cb2756d233bc2667f74da006aff8152c4042100","mnemonicHasPassphrase":false,"derivationStrategy":"BIP44","account":0,"compliantDerivation":true,"addressType":"P2PKH","addressBook":[]}

as you can see there is "xPrivKey" field at the beginning of the plaintext, copy paste that and download Electron cash. Then open it, press create new wallet -> standard wallet -> use public or private keys -> and paste the xPrivKey there which in my case would be:

Code:
xprv9s21ZrQH143K3PkFJNTnjrLPUMxfHbMLErmnea2xoTPU26KEdZHsu9cpVqqcui641Hjq4sQ7oycxh7UWSRALWDmSZsjXCJmgqJDUsGFiqWj

then just press next, and your BCH should be spendable right away.

Let me know if you have any more extra questions (it is a pretty technical guide), i did write this guide just for you so i hope it is helpful Smiley

Thanks a lot for the quide, much appreciated  i will look in to it when i am @ home and not @ work.

I will let you know if it's succesful or when i have additional questions Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: