Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:02:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfinex or binance  (Read 3940 times)
elke (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:05:51 AM

Hi everyone,im new on this forum,i'd like to ask you a question. i started cryptocoin job 4 days ago and i bought 70 iota and its on my bitfinex acc. right now. i see some people saying bitfinex is untrustable because they just try to take down price of bitcoin or something like that also binance is much more common instead of bitfinex when people talking about. my question is should i withdraw my 70 iota on bitfinex to the binance? what is your advice?
have a nice day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:53:28 AM

If you're trying to choose between Bitfinex and Binance then yes, go with the second option. However, It's still not recommended to store your coins in exchange unless you're planning to trade them soon, It's better to hold them in a wallet where you control the private keys.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:57:25 AM

If you're trying to choose between Bitfinex and Binance then yes, go with the second option. However, It's still not recommended to store your coins in exchange unless you're planning to trade them soon, It's better to hold them in a wallet where you control the private keys.

Yes its good if we store our bitcoin in wallet that we have the control.
However, i never use that both 2 exchanger, i only use bittrex so far. But i heard good feedback from other about binance.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:01:53 PM

True, but this can be difficult when trading all sorts of shitcoins. Both Binance and Bitfinex are adding fairly obscure coins at this point that I don't recognize, so I'm pretty sure I'm not downloading their core wallets either. Cheesy

I'm pretty weary of Bitfinex after everything that's happened over the years. The ongoing Tether/banking FUD continues, which doesn't help. Binance seems like it's got some room to grow before it hits a wall with scaling limitations and it becomes the next Poloniex.
Metropolis111

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:49:40 PM

Hi why we should not store coins on those exchange? Do they take fee if we store coins there ?
cryqtovn83

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:51:43 PM

with my opinion Binance now much better vs bitfinex.
Let's check last few days ago bitfinex have big problem some major coin flashed dump 90% then very fast recover in sec.
Binance have good supporters and many new ICO
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:03:29 PM

with my opinion Binance now much better vs bitfinex.
Let's check last few days ago bitfinex have big problem some major coin flashed dump 90% then very fast recover in sec.
Binance have good supporters and many new ICO
Yes, your opinion is right.Binance is a well exchange site.many ICOs coin supported exchange site Binance.Moreover binance is very easy and simple trade for new trader.binance is better then bitfinex.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:20:31 PM

Binance is better IMHO. Bitfinex of course is one of the biggest exchange that still exist. But since Bitfinex was hacked. Many users there were stoled their funds. Many lose their trust to this exchange. That is horrifying. Binance is a good exchange. Actually im using this exchange and so far, so good. It's also the highest withdrawal limit for unverified account there with 2 Bitcoins. That's pretty huge. Bigger than any exchanges existing. Just one thing i don't like about Binance. Many altcoins that are listed there are shitcoins. But overall, Binance is good.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:31:10 PM

I would choose Binance over Bitfinex. This is mainly because of my preferences. Binance and Finex are quite a different exchanger. Binance is more similar to Bittrex and Poloniex, these are the altcoin exchanger. They list a lot of altcoins and their main source of volume is from Altcoin/BTC pair instead of BTC/USD. Binance also often make BTC forks future trading, like the recently Bitcoin Diamond fork. If you want to take advantage of this, i.e. selling your forked coin as soon as possible, Binance is a great choice.

Bitfinex, on the other hand, is a coin/USD exchange, similar to Bitstamp, GDAX, etc. They don't list a lot of altcoins, only major one like ETH, LTC, BCH. Their main source of volume is from BTC/USD pair and altcoin/USD.

Both are great and well-known exchange, top 5 in volumes. So, if you want to trade a lot of altcoin against BTC, use Binance. If you want to trade big cryptocurrency against fiat, use Finex.
Grossthschild

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

Probably Bitfinex

Add also Polo and Bittrex Smiley
std1391

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

bitcoin is love

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:35:44 PM

well bitfinex has huge volume of bitcoins but very few coins!
so i would rather binance coz it has more coins in it and it has a mobile application too! Smiley

rbelkin

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 03:22:43 PM

Hi why we should not store coins on those exchange? Do they take fee if we store coins there ?

No. They hold your private keys. That means that you basically don't have any coins, the exchange has. In that case, you can lose all you have for different reasons(ex. the exchange can be hacked, they are scammers and so on)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:31:49 PM

But how long til we see binance going to require us to submit documents to them?
I have been force to submit my driver's license to bittrex for I can't withdraw funds in there, i took time for verification. I moved some NEO to binance and it was somehow good to receive gas while trading.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 03:37:03 PM

Both are pretty good but I prefer binance over bitfinex, if you are planning to hold the coin for a while I wouldn't suggest keeping it on exchange.

coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:46:11 PM

But how long til we see binance going to require us to submit documents to them?
I have been force to submit my driver's license to bittrex for I can't withdraw funds in there, i took time for verification. I moved some NEO to binance and it was somehow good to receive gas while trading.

I just signed up for binance the other day. There are documents to submit. Front and back of driver's license and passport with a little note where you have to write "Binance" and the date you are registering. This was 3 days ago and I still haven't heard anything regarding approval.

nabilanur

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:38:17 AM

I think, Binance is better then bitfinex.It's very easy ans safe exchange site.Like me, many new traders have who do not understand some complex site.but binace is very easy and safety for all traders.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:33:55 AM

I prefer binance rather than bitfenix because binance is the number one exchanges nowadays and had the highest volume of bitcoin.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:52:20 AM

Hi everyone,im new on this forum,i'd like to ask you a question. i started cryptocoin job 4 days ago and i bought 70 iota and its on my bitfinex acc. right now. i see some people saying bitfinex is untrustable because they just try to take down price of bitcoin or something like that also binance is much more common instead of bitfinex when people talking about. my question is should i withdraw my 70 iota on bitfinex to the binance? what is your advice?
have a nice day.
Since i don't really know bitfinex and i don't really wanna know cause it"s a bother to learn other ways if i have a reliable trading site like binance I'm contented of  what i have and what I've achieved so far.
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:07:51 AM

I use both exchanges, they are both excellent. I will note the main differences of these exchanges:
1) There is no margin trading on the Binance, but there is on bitfinex. Margin trading attracts market participants, especially those who trade deposits of 30 000 - 500 000 dollars.
2) I like the opportunity to participate in the ICO in the Binance and invest in BNB tokens. This is cool, because many good projects can not go on long for good exchanges.
3) The best thing about bitfinex for me is the ability to trade a large number of assets to USDT.

tornikejr

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:08:33 AM

Both sites are good and secure, however it is not good idea to leave your coins on exchange for long term.
If your going to hold your iota for longtime better to store them on wallet were you control private keys.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: