Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:14:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moonco.in - An online Bitcoin and Namecoin Poker Site (Soon w/ Esports Betting)  (Read 2452 times)
MrMoon (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 09:25:18 PM

I am hosting an online poker site which accepts bitcoins and namecoins at http://moonco.in

Our rake is only 0.8% and we have 10, 8, 6, and 2 player tables. Please contact me if you'd like a custom table size.

Right now we offer limit and no-limit Texas Hold 'em, Omaha 8 and 7-Card Stud (currently not working unfortunately), and we are starting the process of adding e-sports betting for games like Street Fighter 4 and StarCraft 2 (predication and actual play). Eventually, we plan to offer tournaments.

We run on open source code and we are eager to contribute new and inventive additions which will make the bitcoin poker community better as a whole.

Feel free to post questions, suggestions or comments here,

or visit our freenode channel #mooncoin

or email me @ mrmooncoin@gmail.com

Update: Namecoin support added

moonco.in

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peach

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:27:11 PM

You look a lot like Betco.in. Sell us on why we should use yours.
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 09:33:23 PM

It is a lot like betco.in, and the reason for that is because we run on the same open source code. This in my opinion is a good thing because as we both develop our projects individually we can share improvements. Betco.in is a great site and it is ran by good people.

However this site is hosted in NA, so depending on your region you may have better connection speed. We also accept namecoins and will soon implement e-sports betting. I also work closely with players to make sure they are satisfied, and to try to cover loses due to bugs when possible.

Other then that I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. Admittedly they have a bigger community but ours is growing.

Oh and our tables are spaced themed, so if you are a sci-fi nerd that may be a bonus.

moonco.in
dvide

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:55:00 PM

Starcraft 2 betting will be awesome Smiley

BTW, I sent you an email earlier regarding this problem on Google Chrome 14 (I'm on the dev channel):
https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=1342714
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:02:34 PM

Starcraft 2 betting will be awesome Smiley

BTW, I sent you an email earlier regarding this problem on Google Chrome 14 (I'm on the dev channel):
https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=1342714

Yeah I can't wait to set it up so I can see if I can make btc playing 2v2's =) Or even just watching GSL.

Thanks, Ill look into that soon as I can. I play in chrome and noticed some issues as well - once I finish getting e-sports setup (made some good progress so far) I will start trying my best at improving the poker client and working out some of the bugs we are experiencing.

moonco.in
bitbetter

Activity: 70

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:15:39 PM

It is a lot like betco.in, and the reason for that is because we run on the same open source code. This in my opinion is a good thing because as we both develop our projects individually we can share improvements. Betco.in is a great site and it is ran by good people.

However this site is hosted in NA, so depending on your region you may have better connection speed. We also accept namecoins and will soon implement e-sports betting. I also work closely with players to make sure they are satisfied, and to try to cover loses due to bugs when possible.

Other then that I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. Admittedly they have a bigger community but ours is growing.

Oh and our tables are spaced themed, so if you are a sci-fi nerd that may be a bonus.

When he says open source code, he means open source software. It's based on pokerth, which you can play for free. We have implemented all these things at our site, bitbetter.org and we take no rake. if whoever is hosting the game wins, they keep the pot. However, we have to trust our hosts so we are pretty strict about who we let host the games. We have also implemented spread-sheet betting, but it just isn't as fun as it should be.

The open-source poker software is AWESOME. It's fun to play around with even if you're not betting. Try it out then get on bitco.in or bitbetter.org or any of the other numerous sites out there and win some coin! REMEMBER THOUGH--if someone is taking a percentage of the earnings they are being lazy. You can run these games yourself, between you and your own friends. PM and I'll show you how.

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:23:22 PM

When he says open source code, he means open source software. It's based on pokerth, which you can play for free. We have implemented all these things at our site, bitbetter.org and we take no rake. if whoever is hosting the game wins, they keep the pot. However, we have to trust our hosts so we are pretty strict about who we let host the games. We have also implemented spread-sheet betting, but it just isn't as fun as it should be.

The open-source poker software is AWESOME. It's fun to play around with even if you're not betting. Try it out then get on bitco.in or bitbetter.org or any of the other numerous sites out there and win some coin! REMEMBER THOUGH--if someone is taking a percentage of the earnings they are being lazy. You can run these games yourself, between you and your own friends. PM and I'll show you how.

To be fair the rake that betco.in and moonco.in take in are incredibly small compared to other online poker sites and are used to maintain/improve servers and allow us to invest more time to coding improvements.

We also don't use pokerTH, though that is great open source software too, I even looked into implementing that before deciding on python-poker-network. Both Moonco.in and betco.in both use a combination of Python-poker-network (the underlying engine) + Jpoker (The gui) + Catalyst (The perl framework that is used to tie them all together).

I agree with you otherwise. My source code is at the bottom of the page and anyone is encouraged to download it and try to install it. I will even try my best to answer questions in #mooncoin.

moonco.in
bitbetter

Activity: 70

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:34:28 PM

To be fair the rake that betco.in and moonco.in take in are incredibly small compared to other online poker sites and are used to maintain/improve servers and allow us to invest more time to coding improvements.

We also don't use pokerTH, though that is great open source software too, I even looked into implementing that before deciding on python-poker-network. Both Moonco.in and betco.in both use a combination of Python-poker-network (the underlying engine) + Jpoker (The gui) + Catalyst (The perl framework that is used to tie them all together).

I agree with you otherwise. My source code is at the bottom of the page and anyone is encouraged to download it and try to install it. I will even try my best to answer questions in #mooncoin.

Indeed--just looked at it and although it's similar it definitely isnt the same. I may just implement your code for my site as well, but I'm pretty fond of the th client. I definitely understand the need for a rake, but I just have some of my own (personal) issues with profiting from open-source stuff. That being said, I wont be sad when I finally win a game! Good luck my friend, hope things work out well!!

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:29:48 PM

Was playing with nmc I mined. Was fun, thanks.

anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:14:42 PM

I'm waiting for esports betting. I want to bet namecoins on the GSL!  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: