Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REFUND PROCESSING COMPLETED] K1 Nanos - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 30758 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:44:56 AM

Interested as well, but will depend heavily on chip delivery time from Avalon of course.  Given difficulty increases I wouldn't be interested at much more than $30, especially with this BTC price slump.

We are looking at 11000 units shipping over a 30 to 45 day window from August to end of September. Pricing as I said above will not be in the $30 dollar range as that means we will probably keep the chips, make K1s, dunk them mineral oil overclock each one and bank as much BTC as we can before they become redundant or keep them on our cooperative mining farms should they be cost effective. As you we are concerned with the other products coming to market so we might have adjust prices over the lifetime of the sale given the spread out nature of delivery.

We are also looking at securing more chips continually from others who are trying to profit on resales to boost production numbers but only if it makes sense in terms of ROI. Again as cooperative our members are going to be here to handle, burn in, bag and ship the K1s even though all of us have full-time jobs so given the expenditure of time and effort prices have to warrant that effort. We believe we can find a price point that is not too high that can satisfy the objectives we have. Get royalities in BKKCoins hands and reward our efforts as a cooperative so that we can build off these sales into a 2nd generation chip like the Bitfury.

This is a fair comment as I hadn't given it much thought that chips are included (I'm in on another DIY deal).  Still, I would be hesitant to get in on anything with a longer than 2~3mth ROI at the moment..until the difficulty settles down a bit anyway.  I'll still chk back here though, if the BTC price comes back then obviously that will help ROI enormously. Thx for your reply btw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:07:28 AM

I be interested in 30 of them in the $33 price range ($1,000) but only if I can pay via Paypal or postal money order.
same interest in price and payment

Ditto
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:49:14 AM

We are also going to organize a group buy of K1 boards sans chips for people who might be interested in just bumping their K1s and DIY reflow or take it to someone for reflow. We are looking for input on pricing for that in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252113.0

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
nevrending

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:05:52 AM

Interested in 10 of them!
And perhaps more to resell them or maybe I'm going to setup a group buy here at Surabaya Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:07:06 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 10:22:13 AM by Bicknellski

And perhaps more to resell them of maybe I'm going to setup a group buy here at Surabaya Smiley

Just contact me in Indonesia. I can help you with large group buys if you want?

--------

Hanya hubungi saya di Indonesia. Saya dapat membantu anda dengan kelompok besar jika anda ingin membeli?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
nevrending

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:22:10 AM

And perhaps more to resell them of maybe I'm going to setup a group buy here at Surabaya Smiley

Just contact me in Indonesia. I can help you with large group buys?

--------

Hanya hubungi saya di Indonesia. Saya dapat membantu anda dengan kelompok besar membeli?

Done. Email sent Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:20:42 PM

K1s are single-chip, USB-powered Klondike boards.

Bicknellski, have you managed to source heatsinks for the K1s yet?

www.aliexpress.com/item/20-PCS-LOT-Aluminum-Heat-Sink-50x25x10mm-IC-Radiator-for-LM2596-LM2577-DC-Converter-090450/545882474.html

awgilyas

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:48:15 AM

I'll be interested in 20-30 of them.

I'll be interested in large group buys as well. (Malaysia)

1AwangATDktxLw8e6VaDijw9AMWz5wy8bx
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:01:41 AM

We are going to have prices up by the end of the week. Some of the members now working on the website, payment gateway and whatnot. In terms of larger group orders as I said before we welcome them and can provide better pricing for orders over 1000+ units. Note that our production run starts in late July or early August, depending on chips from Avalon, to the end of September and we are still trying to determine final numbers of units but we hope to provide individual K1 Nanos as well as larger numbers for anyone. Our production site is in Batam, Indonesia so shipping to Malaysia is quite easy. If you are in JB you could even hop the causeway and then take a ferry to Batam from Singapore.

Looks like BKKCoins is steadily adding chips to the K16 test board and he is itching to get a revised board done soon for both the K16 and K1 Nanos given his latest posts. Exciting times keen on seeing how the K1s can overclock myself trying to track down some really stable USB hubs right now.

afro25

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:20:03 AM

Depending on price I'll definitely be interested - Might even stretch to a bulk buy for distribution in the UK.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:27:45 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 12:31:23 PM by Bicknellski

This is a fair comment as I hadn't given it much thought that chips are included (I'm in on another DIY deal).  Still, I would be hesitant to get in on anything with a longer than 2~3mth ROI at the moment..until the difficulty settles down a bit anyway.  I'll still chk back here though, if the BTC price comes back then obviously that will help ROI enormously. Thx for your reply btw

If you are looking at K1 boards we are also looking for people to get in on a group buy of boards of course the costs for that will be determined by the number of boards  as the fabrication of smaller lots means much higher prices. Check the post here for more info. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252113.0

--------
Quote from: BkkCoins on Today at 18:35:25
Just started running with 4 chips. 17 WU/m, 1.2 GH/s.

Sweet.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:27:35 PM

Hey guys another member of the BPMC here. Just wanted to let you guys know that I will be helping to organise a group buy for the Australia and New Zealand region of the world. Prices will be announced soon so stay tuned.

Message me if you have any problems
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:05:47 PM

What are the specs compared to the ASICMiner USBees?

It will be hard to compete with them if FriedCat slashes prices again unless the specs & overclocking can really shine

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:08:16 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 07:21:55 PM by kevinm

What are the specs compared to the ASICMiner USBees?

It will be hard to compete with them if FriedCat slashes prices again unless the specs & overclocking can really shine

Hi there,
I dont know if FriedCat can really afford to slash his prices much more as it appears he is now supplying resellers who have to make their margin.

Here is a cut and paste from a previous thread reporting results from Overclocking tests:

341 Mhz 1.2V 57.5W - passed long term tests with 0.2% hw-errors.
409 Mhz 1.2V 68.04W - hw-errors increase to 3%
448 Mhz 1.2V 74.4W - not stable
448 Mhz 1.25V 81.6W - unstable 50% hw-errors
448 Mhz 1.28V 84.016W - unstable 50% hw-errors

a little bit more tweaking needed,
but seems quite promising,
we will all know for sure very soon.

cheers,
Kev
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:57:24 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 03:43:16 AM by Bicknellski

Note that those numbers are from BitBurner XX that Kevin has posted but should be comparable to the K1s. In terms of what BKKCoins is doing with the K16 we believe the numbers will be similar. It could be possible to overclock K1s and cool them in oil. We as a group are working pretty hard right now to configure K1s in density as a bundle mining solution. Possibly oil cooling an array of K1s. We will let you know more in late August about the possibility of bundles.

Group buys and resellers are pricing according to what they think is a fair mark up, for time and effort of selling the Block Erupters. Obviously we are not going to see $810 for a Block Erupter like we did before on Ebay in May. We hope to price competitively for the K1s. Our cooperative is definitely mindful of price as the most important decision for the K1 we are making, so we are debating back and forth where we need to bring the price in at. We do have Bkkcoins in mind as well since we want to move more units for his coffers, as well as our own, but like you the cooperative members are fans of DIY process and we want to make sure we don't miss an opportunity here to get the K1 units out so that they can start hashing. We should be ready soon to release the website for prices soon and possibly open for ordering as well but we need to check with our members working on that first. As soon as it is ready I will update the thread.

johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:32:13 AM

i'd be interested in a cpl dozen. watching this thread, good luck!
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:57:26 PM

i'd be interested in a cpl dozen. watching this thread, good luck!

Thanks Johnny5 hope to have pricing up soon with payment gateway to follow.

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:17:20 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 05:16:46 AM by iikun

This is a fair comment as I hadn't given it much thought that chips are included (I'm in on another DIY deal).  Still, I would be hesitant to get in on anything with a longer than 2~3mth ROI at the moment..until the difficulty settles down a bit anyway.  I'll still chk back here though, if the BTC price comes back then obviously that will help ROI enormously. Thx for your reply btw

If you are looking at K1 boards we are also looking for people to get in on a group buy of boards of course the costs for that will be determined by the number of boards  as the fabrication of smaller lots means much higher prices. Check the post here for more info. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252113.0

Just to be sure, this thread is completed K1s with chips & the other (link you quoted here) is for just boards?
I'll be keeping an eye out for your completed K1s Smiley
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:23:14 PM

I'll take 16 K1s complete with all chips except ASICs as soon as you can provide them.

What is the price?
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:36:15 PM

Yes we are offering complete k1's more information will be up on our website when we launch possibly tomorrow I can't give a exact date as anything could happen and we do not want to disappoint anybody. We have also put out the option that if people have chips they can buy boards off us also that is what the separate thread is for. Prices will be announced when the website is launched. So stay tuned ...

Also we are happy to ship to any accessible place in the world.

Message me if you have any problems
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: