Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: South Korean Financial Authorities Plan to Regulate Bitcoin Exchanges Soon  (Read 210 times)
johnjin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:58:21 AM

Unverified rumors on the South Korean government’s potential crackdown on cryptocurrency trading circulated around online Bitcoin communities over the past few days.

Currently, the South Korean government remains highly optimistic in regards to the growth of the local Bitcoin industry and has recently announced its plans to introduce a nationwide regulatory framework for Bitcoin exchanges and brokerages~~
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:00:32 PM

Well if pretty much many exchanges regulated by the government, I'm sure its the time for the decentralized exchange to shine.
Crypto Bloke

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:02:12 PM

Well today in theguardian.com (UK) there is a report of UK and EU planning to regulate & register users / movements of Bitcoin.

Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

When regulation on crypto was implemented in Japan, we generally treated it as bullish.

If the regulations are fairly reasonable, it might be okay.  There will always be some kind of P2P market for BTC regardless of whether government try to crack down on it, while regulated exchanges will be fine for most people.

This should be treated fairly similar to regulations in Japan - I don't see why it should be worded as a "crackdown" unless they literally try and stop people from trading.
GwSoJ

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:03:51 PM

Well today in theguardian.com (UK) there is a report of UK and EU planning to regulate & register users / movements of Bitcoin.

So just hodl until more services accept Bitcoin as payment. They can only regulate it when you turn it in to worthless fiat.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:05:19 PM

Unverified rumors on the South Korean government’s potential crackdown on cryptocurrency trading circulated around online Bitcoin communities over the past few days.

Currently, the South Korean government remains highly optimistic in regards to the growth of the local Bitcoin industry and has recently announced its plans to introduce a nationwide regulatory framework for Bitcoin exchanges and brokerages~~

This is good news.It`s better to regulate cryptocurrency exchange platforms to prevent them from scamming
their members,instead of banning the entire crypto industry,like in China.
Can you provide some source of those rumors,OP?Atleast a link to some article.
I`m pretty sure that other countries in Asia, like Vietnam and Taiwan will follow South Korea and soon will regulate their  crypto exchange platforms.

poliy1219

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:07:58 PM

I think the message of the Korean government's policy is to match the bitcoin market now. Recently, the price explosion rate of bitcoin has increased. It should be time to collect some profits. We should try to control risks as long as possible, and don't buy too many bitcoins.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:56:06 AM

This is confirm and legit news not a rumor because I heard it from a reliable source and I also confirm it as well through a Korean online news poster. I'm sure that the regulation will be finalize already as we speak because the Korean prime minister called for immediate action concern the regulation.

Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:58:11 PM

Having one of the fastest internet speed in the world should also translate to being one of the first countries to regulate cryptocurrency.

steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

I swear I've been reading news about Korea regulating bitcoin for like the past 3 months now. Aren't there any tangible updates or progress so far? Bitcoin is getting pretty popular in Korea, and based on the Korean government's early interest in this issue I was assuming that they would have come up with at least a framework already.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: