Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:11:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: have you been to Japan ? what was surprising thing to you?  (Read 420 times)
erie (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:32:24 PM

Hi folks

It's Erie, Japanese who is kinda wondering what kind of things are REALLY Japanese that you have not had an experience before you came to japan?

If you have any opinion that you think japan need to fix for tourist, please let me know Smiley

yoroshiku onegaishimasu  Grin

linkdead13

Activity: 330
Merit: 100

0x86dc77dFd74827c19B7AfF84Ab46D7f9504899dE

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 12:39:20 PM

I have never been to Japan but it is on my list of places to go before I bite it.
erie (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:07:41 PM

what do you want to do in japan then?

what things hook up?
encryptedht

Activity: 92

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:03:50 PM

the fact Japanese eat horse meat  Shocked
ayahnmark2

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:49:22 PM

No i haven't been to Japan and going to Japan is my ultimate goal in living in this world because i wanna go and see how they made that animes they made for many otakus right there! Smiley
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:52:10 PM

Not yet but definitely will want to visit soon.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
WinTokens

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 04:10:32 PM

I was in Tokyo in 2014. Here are a few quick observations:

1) How Tourist-unfriendly the city is. There are various different metro lines run by different companies that aren't interconnected. Get on the wrong one and God knows where you will end up.

2) Half of the ATMs don't accept foreign cards. I've used a foreign card at a 711 up in the mountains in rural Taiwan. That was fine. But not in Tokyo.

3) Lack of English proficiency. In Seoul, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, I'd say at least half the people under 40 can speak passable English. Not in Tokyo.

BUT despite all that it's very, very clean! 
Ksalei

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:37:24 PM

Haven't been in Japan yet, but looking forward to it. It's on top of my list of places that i want to visit.

3) Lack of English proficiency. In Seoul, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, I'd say at least half the people under 40 can speak passable English. Not in Tokyo.
Lived in Qidong for 2 mouths, often visited Shanghai, cant tell that many people in Shanghai knows English, the farther away from city center you go, the less people knows english.
snakefist

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:48:53 PM

I was in Japan for a few hours back in the 90s if that counts...There were videos playing in the airport about "watching out for scams when visiting other countries"...they were kind of funny.
Dynika

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:34:31 PM

Yes! I was there! I was surprised by the young Japanese perverts)) it is natural for them.
erie (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:49:48 AM

the fact Japanese eat horse meat  Shocked

yes we do.

its called BANIKU or SAKURANIKU

sakura is cherry blossom. why cherry blossom meat? coz it looks like cherry blossom's petal Smiley

i personally like it Smiley
erie (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

No i haven't been to Japan and going to Japan is my ultimate goal in living in this world because i wanna go and see how they made that animes they made for many otakus right there! Smiley

i see.

Japanese anime industry is REALLY huge in the world that i feel.

would you like to go to see locations that were on animes?

1:is manga more popular than anime?
2:where are you from?
3:what anime or manga most famous in your country?
4:what if some serves that you can go to the locations or get same experience like anime , how much you can pay for it? Huh

Not yet but definitely will want to visit soon.

what do you wanna do in japan ??

I was in Tokyo in 2014. Here are a few quick observations:

1) How Tourist-unfriendly the city is. There are various different metro lines run by different companies that aren't interconnected. Get on the wrong one and God knows where you will end up.

2) Half of the ATMs don't accept foreign cards. I've used a foreign card at a 711 up in the mountains in rural Taiwan. That was fine. But not in Tokyo.

BUT despite all that it's very, very clean! 

1:this has changed for that situation. train companies made machines for tourist how to get where you want to and it has in chinese, english, korean, spanish, french, and so on.
but not bus yet.
was suica or some other electrick ticket useful to you?

2:oh i see! good to know that thank you

3:i feel its serious problem about japanese education wise. japanese society doesnt have any opportunety to speak english plus mostly japanese are shy and protective thus so they don't talk to people who can't speak japanese,,

what did you do in Japan?
Sorrygoodbye

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:19:42 AM

No i haven't been in Japan,  but what i known in Japan there're japanese film and it's moto is ikkhee ikhhe kimochi  Grin
erie (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:33:25 AM

Haven't been in Japan yet, but looking forward to it. It's on top of my list of places that i want to visit.

Lived in Qidong for 2 mouths, often visited Shanghai, cant tell that many people in Shanghai knows English, the farther away from city center you go, the less people knows english.

whats japanese things are well-known in your country?
and what do you want to do in japan?

also when i went to chongching(donno correct spelling,,)重慶, when i ordered in a restaurant or any place, people did't speak to me english
and it was looks like they were questioning that i used english
coz im asian, and im looks like chinese so,,
but it was good opportunity to makes me to start learning mandarin Wink

I was in Japan for a few hours back in the 90s if that counts...There were videos playing in the airport about "watching out for scams when visiting other countries"...they were kind of funny.

oh ,, that,, i didnt know that .
what was it talking about?

erie (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:44:48 AM

No, Never go to Japan.
What was surprising thing (Japan) to you?
No, no thing surprising me except their hardwork.

oh, to me?
ahhh thats good question haha

a thing i surprised was when older guy said to me that young ppl have to ADMIRE old ppl it was even more like idolize
so i didnt do it . i respected him as teacher but it doesnt mean i listen EVERY his opinions coz im not his dole
but he got so pissed off and told me that listening teachers opinions is japanese way ! thats our culture! bra bra bra

i was like, its not japanese way , thats just what you want.

but sadly most of japanese ppl think like this generally so,,,

it was surprising and sad thing

and i dont believe what hard work or over work is good thing. we have a culture that sacrificing ourselves is beautiful
i personally dont agree with that
Oliser

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:46:42 AM

the most interesting for me is the cherry blossom from us even in the park it was planted and to the question whether I was in Japan there was no fable but would very much like to get into this anthill Grin
Musko

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:57:20 PM

I've never been there.. I wish I can go japan
gutavo1dias

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:27:53 PM

No i haven't been to Japan and going to Japan is my ultimate goal in living in this world because i wanna go and see how they made that animes they made for many otakus right there!
James Ferrari

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:30:32 PM

I've not been to Japan..the most surprising thing to me is btc
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:42:39 PM

Too bad I have never been in Japan so far... but it's definitely on my travel list!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: