Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [K1 Nano Boards Only] Group Buy - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 4318 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:45:48 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 11:02:54 AM by Bicknellski

Situation:

We have access to fabrication of K1 Boards with all components sans Avalon chips. Big Picture Mining Cooperative notes there are hundreds of thousands of Avalon chips coming into the hands of the community.

Focus

We need to find out if the community is interested in buying K1 boards sans Avalon chips. We will take $2 dollars from every board sold and pay BKKCoins royalty fees and we will register with BKKCoins on his site as board fabricator.

Response

If we have interest in thousands of boards then we can work with the community on pricing for these boards at a competitive rate. Boards can be available in late July or early August. As this is a group buy we can ship directly to each person directly from the fabricator.

Evaluation

We bring in BKKCoins board royalty fees quicker and satisfy needs for those interested in the group buy by providing K1 boards roughly at the time they are receiving chips or those who want to resell K1 boards with their own chips mounted on our group buy boards.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:31:47 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 11:03:02 AM by Bicknellski

<RESERVED FOR UPDATES>

I will be personally pledging 10 x K1 boards for this K1 Nano board buy as I will be using them in our school for bump and reflow of chips to boards with our students. As we get a rough idea of prices for the boards and post them on the website for this group buy then people can order. We will probably have to set a minimum number before production can take place and a cut off date for the group buy. If we don't get enough orders just for boards before mid August our BTC will be returned.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:29:06 PM

Pricing, terms, timing will determine my interest level for 50 or so pieces.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:23:24 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 11:03:12 AM by Bicknellski

Pricing, terms, timing will determine my interest level for 50 or so pieces.

We will have pricing soon.

Terms

Well basically same as most group buys we say we want 1000 boards for best price we collect the BTC and if we hit 1000 boards we pay for the fabrication up front and that locks everyone in as we have to convert to pay in Fiat.

Return BTC if the buy fails to meet target boards by a specified date.

Trying to gauge interest first but we are already committed to a larger production run we are doing as a cooperative thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251831.0  for K1s with chips, so we can actually slip in a large amount of boards as well sans chips at any point and even during production or to keep production going if we have to wait on chips from Avalon at any point.

Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:21:06 PM

Reserved

I'd do x10-x20 buys. Would this be for dyi or is this going to lock in for folks wanting someone else to build
aoshea

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:24:17 PM

<Reserved awaiting future info>

I am interested for sure. A few questions.
1) would you be accepting USD for payment as well as bitcoins?
2) Any plans to host a farm of these?
3) What are the specs as far as mhash/s, where is this info located at ?

I sell Bhut Jolokia "Ghost" Chili seeds and other hot pepper seeds for BTC. PM me for details.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:48:35 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 11:03:26 AM by Bicknellski

Reserved

I'd do x10-x20 buys. Would this be for dyi or is this going to lock in for folks wanting someone else to build

DYI I think... because if you don't have chips why buy the boards? We are not doing a fab for people as this is just a board buy for those who might need boards. Need to ask our Cooperative members if we have anytime to collect others chips and ship them out finished but that be another thread.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:54:23 AM

<Reserved awaiting future info>

I am interested for sure. A few questions.
1) would you be accepting USD for payment as well as bitcoins?
2) Any plans to host a farm of these?
3) What are the specs as far as mhash/s, where is this info located at ?

1. Our site is only BTC for now.
2. We will have hosting options in the future most likely but that isn't the scope of this group buy as this is for K1 boards only.
3. This is a board buy no chips.

Here is a cut and paste from a previous thread reporting results from Overclocking tests: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg2686835#msg2

And i have some more overclocking figures for you guys.
Note: I expect that future versions will be more stable due to a few changes.
341 Mhz 1.2V 57.5W - passed long term tests with 0.2% hw-errors.
409 Mhz 1.2V 68.04W - hw-errors increase to 3%
448 Mhz 1.2V 74.4W - not stable
448 Mhz 1.25V 81.6W - unstable 50% hw-errors
448 Mhz 1.28V 84.016W - unstable 50% hw-errors

This is from Burnin's test but that is with his BitBurner XX https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg2682353#msg2682353 boards not the Klondike 1 Nano https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0 so I can only speculate that over 300 Mh/s is possible.

bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:17:06 PM

Why would you take BTC as payment only to turn around and convert it to Fiat? All that's going to do is tank the exchange price on BTC.... You guys make no sense... sheesh

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:58:41 PM

I'll take 16 K1s complete with all chips except ASICs as soon as you can provide them.

What is the price?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:00:02 PM

I'll take 16 K1s complete with all chips except ASICs as soon as you can provide them.

What is the price?

Prices will be posted on the website when it is up this week.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:00:57 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 02:26:05 PM by Bicknellski

Why would you take BTC as payment only to turn around and convert it to Fiat? All that's going to do is tank the exchange price on BTC.... You guys make no sense... sheesh

We will have a large production run going and can slip in boards as a service to the community who may need it, make a little extra for the coop members without having to CONVERT these K1 orders possibly. Ok? Also how is 100 to 200 K1 boards value going to some how tank BTC prices. Wow... when did BPMC become APPLE? Hehehe.

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:55:38 PM

I'm interested for 8 boards without avalon chips.

Pls post prices when you can.

Thanks.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:00:22 PM

I'm interested for 8 boards without avalon chips.

Pls post prices when you can.

Thanks.

Will do as soon. Tomorrow maybe.

arij

Activity: 173
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:37:45 PM

Interested.. Waiting for pricing.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:11:09 AM

Need to get a minimum say 100?

Price will not include shipping.

I will post prices Monday after I talk to our member heading up the fabrication on logisitics of this and what minimum we would need as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: