Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you look for when buying into new ico’s /tokens?  (Read 397 times)
CBJon (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:05:10 PM

Help me with your opinion.

We’re having an argument over whether it’s better to show cumulative funding goals in an ICO or token sale doc.

Does it:

a) give you more reassurance they know what they’re doing and have a roadmap
b) not make a difference to your opinion
c) negatively influence your opinion
d) something else

E.g:
CUMULATIVE FUNDING TARGETS - MILESTONES

$ 1M           Development of advertiser transactional advertising blockchain & member wallet
$ 2,2M   Development of marketplace & core market expansion
$ 3,75M   Development of native ad engine & core market expansion (Q3 2018)
$ 6,90M   Launch of native ad engine & core market expansion (Q4 2018)
$ 8,95M   Debit card integration & core market expansion (Q1 2019)
$ 11,6M   Launch debit card (Q2 2019)
Additional funds raised will be used to accelerate customer acquisition through Digital, Television & In-Market Activations.

CASHBAG.co - The Cash Back Cryptocurrency  █  The blockchain platform for instant settlement and micropayments of cash back rewards. █  Pre-Sale On Now.   +3000 ETH pledged!  Token Sale starts 12  March 2018 12PM UTC     
TELEGRAM ◥ ◤ WHITEPAPER ◥ ◤ VIDEO
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:17:33 PM

D) Why would I gamble with shit ICOs and shittokens when there are decents projects out there?

Not your keys, not your coins!
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:28:18 PM

Well lets step into the reality that most of these ICO projects never come close to delivering when it comes to the forecasted progress on their respective roadmaps and some of them abandon the project even after a successful fundraise in the ICO. About tokens without a roadmap, don't even bother investing in them.
Either ways, a majority of the recent projects fall off in price after the ICO and find it extremely difficult to gain traction going in their favour as there are way too many choices to choose from and all the pump and dump scenarios still ongoing, which impacts it negatively.
CBJon (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:25:15 PM

D) Why would I gamble with shit ICOs and shittokens when there are decents projects out there?

my point exactly.  What metrics do you use to define shit token vs worthwhile project?

I look at mass adoption / disruptive capability / network effect / new tech

what about you?

CASHBAG.co - The Cash Back Cryptocurrency  █  The blockchain platform for instant settlement and micropayments of cash back rewards. █  Pre-Sale On Now.   +3000 ETH pledged!  Token Sale starts 12  March 2018 12PM UTC     
CBJon (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:27:53 PM

Either ways, a majority of the recent projects fall off in price after the ICO and find it extremely difficult to gain traction going in their favour as there are way too many choices to choose from and all the pump and dump scenarios still ongoing, which impacts it negatively.

true.  Do you think most ICO's drop in value because of internal issues or are they targeted for pump/dump?

I come from a penny stock trading background and more than often I've seen groups target small stocks, buying them up and then dumping.
It's not the listed company, but rather day traders.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:29:17 PM

my point exactly.  What metrics do you use to define shit token vs worthwhile project?

I look at mass adoption / disruptive capability / network effect / new tech

what about you?

If it's premined it's shit so ICOs and tokens are inherently shit and taking steps backwards in crypto by being centralized and poorly distributed imo.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:29:23 PM

I look foward their team and who backup in monetary terms the project besides us as investors.
Because If I can't confirm the ICO's is real and has interest on what they are doing I won't be investing my money.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:03:45 AM

Actually read their whitepaper and then Looking into roadmap is what i wanted to see. Their allocation budget for their project and how much they have raised before the ICO token.

pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:54:22 AM

look at team member, they are real people or not, are the ICO have a real business, on which market, and its really working or not in future business?
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:20:53 AM

Some ICO turn your money to crap some of them really success and make you rich like rich xD. As long you choose it right you'll be ok, i mean read their WP take a look for team details make sure real project happened
CBJon (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:25:16 AM

Yes, that's a good start.  What kinds of things do you look for in a white paper?  What flags a good project / bad project?

Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:36:26 PM

look at team member, they are real people or not, are the ICO have a real business, on which market, and its really working or not in future business?

When the pre-sale or sale of tokens is announced, I always make my personal investigations about the company -  check their profiles in social nets, look at their experience on Linkedin, find information about them online and in mass media.
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 09:51:34 PM

I look the team, project and price. These three should be evaluated together to invest in a ico or token. Ico price also matters

max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 10:33:51 PM

as developer company has with the real service of the deliverance, investors might depends with the use of customs as moderating news on release as the drawing of the officials as further defining extent on decision to goes with the following on keeping or moves with the different stages of plan with the investment projects with the coins.

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:54:45 PM

These are the things that I consider before buying altcoins or tokens:

1. The Technology. What does it can offer that the other coins/tokens doesn't have? It should be unique with others.

2. The Roadmap. Do they have an achievable roadmap? Something that is realistic on their short term to long term goals.

3. The Developers. Who are the people behind this project? They should be individuals that have good background in their own field of expertise and should be trustworthy.

These are the basic things/knowledge that I'm looking for before I invest in coins or tokens.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:55:41 PM

as developer company has with the real service of the deliverance, investors might depends with the use of customs as moderating news on release as the drawing of the officials as further defining extent on decision to goes with the following on keeping or moves with the different stages of plan with the investment projects with the coins.

If we talk about prospective tokens, then at least a minimum of one year they just need to be kept on a purse, And then you can trade when your wife is several times more than when you hold ico.
KLACC

Activity: 350

Loyalty Programs on Blockchain

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:02:26 PM

I'm very carefully studying the project, to which I plan to invest. I'm especially interested in the development team and the road map. And I never believe the reviews, especially if they are positive)

CBJon (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:00:48 AM

I'm very carefully studying the project, to which I plan to invest. I'm especially interested in the development team and the road map. And I never believe the reviews, especially if they are positive)

That's a good point.  I see so many hyped ico's that it bothers me that you can't really believe much of what's said.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:06:09 AM

I'm looking at the idea of the project. If it seems interesting and promising to me, then I make a research about it. If everything seems well I invest in. But now there are very few projects with good ideas which can be released into reality...

housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:11:03 AM

I believe people have wised up in the space, so I don't see this getting any traction, why is the name of the project not displayed. I don't think this project need that much capital looking at the road map
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: