Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRSC] Parsec Frontiers – a virtual galaxy MMO blockchain  (Read 3126 times)
thocon456

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:12:33 PM

Project looks interesting. I will be looking out for more information, let's see another opinion giving to this project & how this project will turn out.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
S3cco

Activity: 2035
Merit: 528

❤ Bitcoin Garden

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:04:24 PM

Bitcoin Garden: Parsec Frontiers – First Fully Featured Blockchain Game Reveals its Core Technology Choice in NEO
https://bitcoingarden.org/parsec-frontiers-first-fully-featured-blockchain-game-reveals-its-core-technology-choice-in-neo/

On Friday, May 4, project founders of Parsec Frontiers, an online MMO game devoted to humanity’s colonization of the stars and planets in the Milky Way, revealed the technical details the game is being built on. The project team plans to use an open public customized blockchain with permissioned elements inside of the game, with node operation possible for everyone in the community.

The blockchain technology built in the MMO will ensure transparency and validity in every area and every procedure of the game. It’s aimed to prevent double spending, and provide the immutable and public history that can be used for financial analysis.

The developer even plans to make the market available outside of the rich (3D) game client – via a web interface for users, and a service API for developers....

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden
satrum

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:22:50 PM

"Parsec choose Neo because it’s currently more mature and industry-ready." added for voting, proof and forecast on YEENOT TODAY https://yeenot.today/catalog/news/205
what makes Neo a great fit for Parsec Frontiers ? Read and Vote.

let’s summarize, what makes Neo a great fit for Parsec Frontiers:

dBFT consensus, combining the instant finality with decentralized block ordering through voting for the limited number of bookkeepers
The high performance, promising thousands of transactions per second
Split of voting and incentive tokens, that gives us freedom in tweaking the incentive model
Powerful smart contract facility, that would allow both us and players to use mainstream languages and tools for smart contract development
Native Windows support
MIT license and C# language our team is experienced with allow us to customize the platform
Platform maturity, comparing to rivals
Platform focus on digital assets and digital identity, which is aligned with ours
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:09:02 PM

Man this is definitely one of the more complex and challenging ICOs . Probably need to take some time to dig into it and understand most of it. Will get back with questions! Wink

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
btcdeds

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:20:47 PM

Can anyone give me a registration link? I’m planning to invest!
egretia
The Crowd Sale started today!
https://parsecfrontiers.com/
btcdeds

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:25:42 PM

Can’t wait for the start of ICO. So interesting and promising!
The Crowd Sale started today!
https://parsecfrontiers.com/
Trephyna

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:40:21 AM

An very ambitious project, it will revolutionize the world for sure, you guys have a lot of work ahead, success!
lanisimson

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:52:46 PM

it seems like this is a fun game, paid games are safe to play. Hope this works that can be utilized all the players
ericaltm

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:12:16 PM

Best project ever!

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
Janasey

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:27:31 PM

I totally agree with you, this is a big project! I really believe in this project a lot, good luck!
Egretia
tropyc

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 01:18:01 PM

Hello there,

We added Parsec Frontiers to tropyc. Let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!

https://www.tropyc.co/crypto/parsec-frontiers

All the best for your sale,
Tropyc Team
kudil

Activity: 1092
Merit: 29

'Free as a bird'

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:19:42 AM

Hello ParsecTeam, what's your planing if crowdsale not reached SoftCap? Because i see on officially Website just reached 854.72 ETH but the softcap is 2500 ETH (still far), thanks for the respond Smiley
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:35:07 AM

Hello ParsecTeam, what's your planing if crowdsale not reached SoftCap? Because i see on officially Website just reached 854.72 ETH but the softcap is 2500 ETH (still far), thanks for the respond Smiley

Maybe this article will give informatios about your questiosn my friend
https://medium.com/parsec-frontiers/parsec-frontiers-questions-and-answers-session-1-17f816465cbe

Stephanie2608

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:40:33 AM

I do not see information about the members of the group. Can I get their social network profilelink? You should leave that information in the ANN Thread, so that we can better understand your project!
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:37:29 AM

I do not see information about the members of the group. Can I get their social network profilelink? You should leave that information in the ANN Thread, so that we can better understand your project!

Go here https://parsecfrontiers.com
And you will see the full link from this project,, and the team members too
also you can join parsecfrontiers telegram group too,,
They active there t.me/ParsecFrontiers

Rasjkeee

Activity: 258
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:44:22 AM
Merited by QellDroma (2), fiubit (2), valkoun (2)

ICO Analysis: Parsec Frontiers
Published on May 29, 2018
By Joshua Larson

Team
The project is undertaken by renowned game development Artplant studio, based in Norway and Russia. The team of 15+ people has 5-25 years of game development experience and extensive experience with MMOs and virtual worlds.
The project has six advisers, including three listed below.
Christian Lassem: Creator of Planetarion, later followed by AD2460. They are both reference games that online space games have been inspired by, and they still have an active community.
John Kavanagh: An accomplished industry executive with a video game career of nearly 35 years. He has also been involved in designing, developing and licensing games and technology to Sega, Nintendo, Apple, Atari, Commodore and Broderbund. He’s since worked at Eidos, Crystal Dynamics and Paramount Pictures.
Shaban Shaame: Founded EverdreamSoft, a Swiss-based game company, in 2010. He pioneered in-game blockchain integration with Spells of Genesis and BitCrystals economy, giving players true ownership of their digital game assets.
When it comes to the dev team, many are from Artplant.

Verdict
On the surface level, this seems like an easy pass. But after digging into it, it seems more like a good gamble. It’s definitely been overlooked by investors. The team is legit and are trying to produce quality.
Blockchain-based MMOs will have a giant place in the future gaming industry. Putting digital assets on the chain so that they can be securely traded like tokens is game-changing.
Parsec is partnered with BitSpace, an up and coming block producer candidate and new project incubator for EOS blockchain. BitSpace was campaigning hard to bring Parsec Fronteir to EOS. However, they decided to go with NEO. According to Telegram, NEO hasn’t announced Parsec to their community yet. NEO is a  huge and passionate community. This game could get many new players once they start marketing.

Risks
    More often than not, ambitious MMORPG projects such as Parsec underestimate and over-scope what it will take to produce, and the game never gets released. -1.5
    The original token sale was only supposed to last 2 weeks in May. However, they were nowhere near hitting the cap, so they extended it until the end of June. As of May 25, they have raised  850 ETH. Their soft cap is 2,500 ETH and the hard cap is over 10,000 ETH. -3
    Scalability is always an issue. They will build on the NEO blockchain, which is extremely risky at this point. Here’s the quote given in their whitepaper about how they will handle this issue:
    “The modular approach also has the benefit of scaling well with the money raised to fund the project. We see many projects requiring a huge amount of money just for an initial release, not to mention the cost it takes to run and expand an MMORPG. Parsec however is a manageable project to get out the door, but scales infinitely upwards as time passes and funding is secured. Over time, we believe Parsec will be one of the richest MMO experiences on the market, and a true next generation of blockchain gaming.” -2
    Marketing seems lacking. If they can’t sell out their soft cap, what makes them think they will be able to introduce this game to the masses? -2

Growth Potential
   A large supply coins, if popular, have typically done extremely well in terms of ROI for ICO contributors. +1
    Partnerships. As mentioned above, Parsec is partnered with BitSpace. Axie is a fantasy creature collecting game. Shufti Pro is a screen identity verification tool. And EverdreamSoft is a Swiss-based mobile game and app developer, created Spells of Genesis. +2
    Space-based MMO Eve Online does not publish subscription numbers, but reportedly has about 500,000 monthly subscribers. Star Citizen is on track to raise close to $200 million from over 2 million prospective players. The team at Parsec wrote a blog breaking down what could happen to the token value if this game gets adopted. +3  
    The team has had success in the past with games such as Battlestar Gallactica Online, which has seen over 20 million users.+4
    The rare in-game assets will be sold on exchanges such as WAX. If this game goes mainstream, some of these ships that can be bid on today for 1 or 2 ETH, could be worth thousands of dollars in the future. Players are bidding on ships as we speak here .+2
    Here’s a 5 minute demo showing what they have so far:+2

Disposition
This is a possible sleeper that could either pay off huge or crash and burn. Blockchain-based MMOs will have a giant place in the future gaming industry. Putting in-game digital assets on the chain so that they can be securely traded like tokens is game-changing. 5.5/10
Proof: https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-parsec-frontiers/

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
kudil

Activity: 1092
Merit: 29

'Free as a bird'

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 10:41:16 AM

Any news about exchange? I see some people trade PRSC on fork/etherdelta but the volume and price still low  Cry i hope PRSC will listing on another exchange like IDEX (for growing volume) or kucoin (for increase prices).
Btw, I see on the roadmap (source whitepaper), exchange listing on May right??
assasin21rus

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:15:15 PM

A very dubious project, why play it? From my experience I can say that they quickly get bored, but I do not see huge prospects for earning without large investments, I'm not sure that it will pay off
amishpancake

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:52:01 PM

Seems like a very promising project. Is there any confirmed exchange after june?
Warfare

Activity: 1051
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 04:28:35 PM

It doesn't make sense to ask for more exchanges since they didn't reach soft cap.
A better question would be: what happens if soft cap is not reached?

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀