Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction - Query about Wallets & Social Trading  (Read 131 times)
WestVanilla (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:35:56 PM

Hi I'm new to investing in Bitcoin & alt coins and I've noticed there are some that have grown rapidly in the last few days such as BTCM, TIE & CCN. I want to start my journey locating the most promising/on-trend alt-coins to invest in.

My main question is I've been using eToro social trading for my investments so far and I was wondering what are the pros and cons are of it compared to independent wallets?

Thanks
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:37:48 PM

Hi I'm new to investing in Bitcoin & alt coins and I've noticed there are some that have grown rapidly in the last few days such as BTCM, TIE & CCN. I want to start my journey locating the most promising/on-trend alt-coins to invest in.

My main question is I've been using eToro social trading for my investments so far and I was wondering what are the pros and cons are of it compared to independent wallets?

Thanks

eToro looks like an exchange to me, not a wallet. Either way it looks very weird to say the least.
I wouldn't advise to leverage anything in crypto at all, or copy the "good" traders, as this usually results in a loss of funds.

If you do actually store your bitcoin at eToro, and trade at the same time, this will basically mean that you have no real control over your funds, which is also the case with most other crypto trading platforms ( poloniex ).

If you actually want to posess your bitcoin i'd advise to download a wallet such as electrum, where you have the control over your private keys ( and seed).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: