Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.25 BTC Bounty - Show me a Mt Gox USD Withdrawal :)  (Read 48801 times)
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:31:12 PM

I cancelled my withdrawal last night (after 3 weeks of waiting), got the GBP back in my account today, bought BTC and sold them on here within a matter of minutes!

Take note. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:11:40 PM

I cancelled my withdrawal last night (after 3 weeks of waiting), got the GBP back in my account today, bought BTC and sold them on here within a matter of minutes!

Take note. Wink

Where'd you sell it here? I'm looking for a reputable source
bitcodo

Activity: 509

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:14:49 PM

Do we know how much it costs to be money transmitter by finCEN standards?
How much money at Dwolla?

Maybe gox is just borrowing that x$ it needs for license.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:24:50 PM

Do we know how much it costs to be money transmitter by finCEN standards?
How much money at Dwolla?

Maybe gox is just borrowing that x$ it needs for license.

From customers' funds, you imply? And that would be OK for you?

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
bitcodo

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

Yes, customers' funds. Not OK. Just asking.
25 millions for finCEN? Is this right? Seems bit high.
Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:09:29 PM

Yes, customers' funds. Not OK. Just asking.
25 millions for finCEN? Is this right? Seems bit high.

To be able to operate in all 50 states, each with their own rules, requires, all-in, $2.5 million in total lawyer fees, licensing fees, compliance officers, etc.  An additional $25k / mo to maintain.  And 18 months from initial registration.

Source : I asked Patrick Murck, the Bitcoin Foundation General Counsel at a gathering in DC at 1776.  That was his response.
bitcodo

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:57:41 AM

+ minimum $7 million for Money Transmitter Surety Bonds
Delerium

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:13:21 AM

Video from Roger Ver on MtGox Finances to ease the communitys misplaced fears on MtGox Insolvency - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 08:48:26 AM

Video from Roger Ver on MtGox Finances to ease the communitys misplaced fears on MtGox Insolvency - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0

darrd

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:15:05 AM

i dont deal with Mt Gox USD anymore.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:31:35 AM

So he repeats the old story that the problem is the amount of transfers - but we have seen that for last month there were 0 transfers executed from MtGox - how that fits the story?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 09:33:01 AM

So he repeats the old story that the problem is the amount of transfers - but we have seen that for last month there were 0 transfers executed from MtGox - how that fits the story?

Exactly, and could we have some numbers to back it up?

They said that around $1mil went out during the haitus, that's nothing, i'm sure there are single customers with far great than $1mil in waiting.

Also how come no warning at all? Every business gets a warning at least a few days before their bank accounts are completely frozen. I'm sure this was the case here as well.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1093

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:40:32 AM

"CoinLab is the world's first US Venture-backed Bitcoin Company; it was funded in April 2012 by a group of progressive investors, including Tim Draper, Roger Ver, and Geoff Entress."

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130228.html

Huh Huh Huh

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:13:12 AM

I wonder if we could complain to FinCEN - when they are registered with them.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:41:04 AM

He is reading some text speaking in first person.

I'm more scared than ever.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 11:09:40 AM

Right... a bounty for a withdrawal started less than 8 business days ago when MtGox said it would take several weeks to get caught on on the queue before they can deal with new requests.

Yes, this bounty was created for withdrawals initiated after 7/4/2013, but don't you find it a little odd that there are no reports to be found anywhere for any kind of success in receiving USD for any kind of withdrawal requests?

I am quite sure that some happy customer that got their very old USD withdrawal finally coming through would show up also on this thread. Or in some other thread. Anywhere.

I cannot think of any other explanation for this lack of any kinds of success except that they are not really processing the queue at all.

If you listen carefully to what Roger Ver is saying on the video and especially what he is NOT saying , even he is not telling us of any kind of achieved progress in processing the withdrawals at all.
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:32:36 AM

I'm more scared than ever.

What the holy fuck. Is that meant to be a parody?
xaviarlol

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:45:07 PM

Just my two cents....

If Gox was/is going through a liquidity crisis, it would indeed not pay out withdrawals in fiat. They would do much of what appears to be happening now, delaying the payments until they have collected enough revenue to be solvent, while still accepting deposits and allowing BTC withdrawals as if nothing was wrong. A kind of temporary pyramid scheme, just to give them time to pay back the money they "borrowed" to cover short-term cashflow issues.

However, if this was the case, two things contradict logic:
1) They would release SOME withdrawals to provide some confidence to the public and not have the community in an uproar as it would back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through. They wouldn't stop every single USD withdrawal if they wanted to be deceptive, as that is easily visible to the public.

2) They wouldn't simply stop withdrawals in USD ONLY. They would stop withdrawals of all currencies, and not discriminate. And as I said above, they would continue to pay out SOME withdrawals so that they can back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through.

Therefore, it is my conclusion that the likelihood of them lying about the reasons behind the USD withdrawals to hide the fact that they are having a liquidity crisis is low. The likelihood of their story of having issues with banks processing their requests in USD being true is likely.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:54:51 PM

I love this forum sometimes.
xaviarlol

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:56:20 PM

Just my two cents....

If Gox was/is going through a liquidity crisis, it would indeed not pay out withdrawals in fiat. They would do much of what appears to be happening now, delaying the payments until they have collected enough revenue to be solvent, while still accepting deposits and allowing BTC withdrawals as if nothing was wrong. A kind of temporary pyramid scheme, just to give them time to pay back the money they "borrowed" to cover short-term cashflow issues.

However, if this was the case, two things contradict logic:
1) They would release SOME withdrawals to provide some confidence to the public and not have the community in an uproar as it would back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through. They wouldn't stop every single USD withdrawal if they wanted to be deceptive, as that is easily visible to the public.

2) They wouldn't simply stop withdrawals in USD ONLY. They would stop withdrawals of all currencies, and not discriminate. And as I said above, they would continue to pay out SOME withdrawals so that they can back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through.

Therefore, it is my conclusion that the likelihood of them lying about the reasons behind the USD withdrawals to hide the fact that they are having a liquidity crisis is low. The likelihood of their story of having issues with banks processing their requests in USD being true is likely.

what if they have being failing for 2 years now. what if the delays for the last two years were the temp solution and now this is just the end?

Than they would stop processing withdrawals for all currencies and not just USD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: