Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My physical coin auction. Questions - pre hard fork - safety ?  (Read 166 times)
madbloke (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:12:21 PM

hello again
I have posted here once before and I  really do thank some of your wonderful members for helping me last time.
This is my second post

I am selling a physical coin by auction on ebay and I am getting many many messages / questions that I am just not qualified to answer because I am a bit coin ignorant.

1. Some people ask me to tell them the code number on the back of the coin.
 If I do this is it safe ? or could it then be robbed ?

2,  Some people tell me I have a “pre hard fork coin” and as such it is worth lots more money.
I do not know what pre hard fork is, So is this true  ?
If so should I mention this fact in the sale as it still has over 4 days to run?

Thanks in advance to any of you who can advise me.
I honesty don't have a clue about any of this due to being old and technology dim :-(
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:59:45 PM

If I do this is it safe ? or could it then be robbed ?
If the code is a private key, they can and will steal your coins.  Don't do it.
2,  Some people tell me I have a “pre hard fork coin” and as such it is worth lots more money.
I do not know what pre hard fork is, So is this true  ?
There have been two hard forks.  These are splits in the Bitcoin blockchain which essentially leads to having two separate currencies.  If you hold BTC at the time of the fork, you also then own the same amount of the new forked coin.

This means that the value of your physical coin is roughly equivalent to the value of Bitcoin, the value of BCH and the value of BTG, all together.
If so should I mention this fact in the sale as it still has over 4 days to run?
Yes.
madbloke (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:40:03 AM

Thank you very much for your kind help, I really do appreciate you taking the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: