Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:25:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing into mining or trading ?  (Read 477 times)
McIyoke (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:21:19 PM

Hi dear forum users
I wanted to invest in crypto 1-2 years ago but I didn't have money. And now I have like 300$-500$ and I want to invest it.
It's really small amount of money and I don't know to buy some bitcoin for longterm or to buy an ASIC or build a mining PC ?
Is there any point to invest only 500$ or the amount of money is too small and there is no reason for investing
p3rplexamous

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:34:22 PM

Mining is a tough game to get into, not only do you need the space (if you intend to mine BTC) but also need cheap power and at least 2k for a decent ASIC miner. If you are looking more into GPU mining rigs, even building one of these can run you a decent amount of money to make it worth it.  If I were you I would learn from my mistakes.  I got into Bitcoin in late 2012 and bought some coins, but decided I wanted to have some of them earn me more money (makes sense right?) long story short, I lost all the money I put into mining via cloud mining scams, ect, and I would have been way better off just buying and holding.  $500 a few years ago would be worth 12k+ right now, so my advice to you would be to invest in a secure storage device like a hardware wallet, and buy BTC and sit on it.  2018 is expected to have a lot of forks that you can in turn sell for more BTC (sort of like a dividend).  Best of luck.
jmiro1

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:42:09 PM

I take it that you already have an idea that investing in Bitcoin is a long term process. And I believe investing with a small amount for long period of time is a bad move. If you really wanna get involved with bitcoin then probably you should start with mining. Even it's a tough task, you can still have your PC, which mean you money isn't lost.  But I must say, trading is also not a bad idea. If you think you can invest regularly then why not start trading now.
longlivecapitalism

Activity: 966
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:46:26 PM

Keep in mind that mining is mindless, anyone can do it. However, trading requires skills, to be informed, and a small amount of luck. If you think that you lack the skills or you can't bother to be informed about the subject you want to invest in, then I suggest mining.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:36:53 PM

Mining any crypto with $500 is no more profitable than mining gold with a shovel. You are better off just buying.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:49:25 PM

Nowadays trading, cause you are able to do so even alone but if you want to mine in days which we have now you need some friends cause price which you got from it is very low.

mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:22:03 PM

Mining any crypto with $500 is no more profitable than mining gold with a shovel. You are better off just buying.

If you already own a computer you can purchase a good GPU for under $500 and start mining with that. You won't make much money but you would probably make back the cost of the GPU (as well as paying for the electricity used) in 6-8  months.

After that it's pure profit. Granted making $30.00 a month isn't that much but you'll learn how to set up a miner, how to connect to a pool. You'll have fun, learn some things and make a few dollars.
legend018

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:39:41 PM

I know mining isn't the same as it used to be, but when the suggestions are being said about that - is that more because of BTC?  What about some of the lighter coins (no pun intended lol). Such as litecoin or other coins besides the big guys.  Couldn't mining be profitable for some of the smaller guys?  I too have been looking a little into mining vs. trading.  I even setup a quick zcash miner just for the fun of it. I would have done it with bitcoin, but it was too much on my system. My system is not for mining - it was more just for fun.  I would have made maybe 10 cents a week if I was lucky. Shocked
Knightly

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:48:23 PM

Both avenues can be profitable, but it all comes down to how much research you put into the option you choose, and, quite frankly, how much luck you have.
Getting into mining with $500 isn't probably the best approach for you, as making mining profitable requires substantial hardware and electricity, so you'll also have to take into account the ongoing costs. Also, if you're going to be targeting 'easy' or 'new' coins to mine, you'll need to know the market to ensure you're not just mining 'shit coins', therefore losing your money mining worthless trash.

I wish you all the best, and I'm sure you'll receive solid guidance here.

Take care.

-Knightly
mickymax777

Activity: 96

Cryptologist

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:54:18 AM

I had the same question.

So I just started mining the easiest coins (atleast 10 different coins),and it was not that easy especially if you are not a hardware expert.

If you look at the cost of the mining equipment, the setting up, the down time etc etc. I decided to invest in good quality coins, the returns are good if you buy and hodl. If you buy and sell the costs add up substantially.

Just know, we are the early adoptors of a wonderful new technology. This is only the start and there is no need to make hasty decisions. Warren Buffet noted that during the dot.com boom it was so easy to buy winning stocks it was like shooting fish in a bucket.

Just shoot the fish.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
sona12

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:14:50 AM

Definetly trading is better option.

Nowadays it is very expensive to buy  mining hardware, it requires several months to recover from your initial investment.

you can consider mining if you live in a country where electricity is particularly cheap.
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:34:43 AM

i more interested trading in crypto's than mining,
 because in trading i will get a big profit when price of bitcoin growing up
BitNaija

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:04:07 AM

Your capital base is rather small for mining. Except you want to buy into mining contacts. The problem will be to identify a good mining company that will last for a long time. Trading will require you to get in dept knowledge of trading and what to trade on that will yield good profit.

Keep posting and asking questions on this forum and you will get very useful tips on what to do.

Cryptoryx

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 11:40:00 AM

If I were you, I would better start reading a lot about it before buying anything.
If you're looking for an easy side income, I'm not sure mining is your best option.

You might as well look for oil at your back yard using a spoon.
Invest in knowledge instead.
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:04:26 PM

Of course trading!
Mining today is profitable but not that much.
You need like almost 1 year to get your investments back.
xAnima

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:11:34 PM

Mining would take a lot from our electricity and time. Trading will take from our time because we need to decide where our goods will take profit.
FundFantasy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:25:07 PM

https://www.bitcoinmining.com

Read this article  Smiley
tocketsearful

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:53:13 PM

Mining basically requires you to have either zero power cost or close to. It is still possible to buy 6x GFX cards and mine several coins and earn back your initial investment. However you will pretty much find out in the end it would have been better to buy said coin you where mining in the beginning instead.
PinkB

Activity: 256
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:56:01 PM

trading and mining both are good way for make capital.but mining is depend on various thing.You can invest your coin into some good alt coin like waves.now its $6.88,Soon it will hit $10 that i believed.
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:09:15 PM

trading and mining both are good way for make capital.but mining is depend on various thing.You can invest your coin into some good alt coin like waves.now its $6.88,Soon it will hit $10 that i believed.

If I am to be honest, I would buy some coins at a good price in your place and those who prosper well and just keep them. The courses are amazing and you do not need a lot of work to get rich.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: