Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 12:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Better to buy alts with bitcoin or ethereum?  (Read 541 times)
carlowell

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:11:06 PM

Buying Altcoins through Bitcoin or Ethereum doesn't matter if you want to invest. But I think if you have already Bitcoins and Ethereum coins you better hold it because these two coins have a good price and have a chance to multiply after a month or a year.
If buying Altcoins is one of your investment for the future then you should use your cash or debit or credit card to purchase. That way is better than giving up your Bitcoin or Ethereum into Altcoins.

Goldberg007

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:41:42 AM

According to me bitcoin is not good to invest in the icos at the moment,because it is rapidly raising at the moment.Right now I think ethereum is the best option to invest in the icos.
Jating

Activity: 2954
Merit: 817

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:43:19 PM

According to me bitcoin is not good to invest in the icos at the moment,because it is rapidly raising at the moment.Right now I think ethereum is the best option to invest in the icos.

Let me put another spin in your statement. Bitcoin is not good to invest because the price is really high. While Ethereum although reaches its all-time-high last month as well is quite cheap as compare and a good investment for long term.  But don't forgot that the network of Ethereum is being clogged as well, thanks to cryptokitties. Smiley

But I really like to put my money on Ethereum right now because its affordable, and a lot of positive news as well. If bitcoin future contracts just started today, Ethereum will also have its own version of derivatives.

http://strategiccoin.com/ethereum-futures-will-launch-sooner-than-you-think/

We already what's its done to bitcoin price, so I wouldn't surprise that Ethereum will again breaks all-time-high and probably touch $1K if this is it going to be implemented in the horizon.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:47:09 PM

Actually I prefer to use both of itwhen I'm buyng altcoins. But nowadays etherium became so slow, because of cryptikitties.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 12:52:56 PM

Both options are fine but that depends on you, in which exchange you are ready to buy as some exchanges only use bitcoin as base currency and some give many options to buy such as bitcoin, ethereum, dogecoin etc..

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:55:58 PM

if I myself prefer to buy Altcoin with Ethereum because of its easy exchange.
You're right. Because altcocoin like bitcoin is going to go much further now. Again, these are going to be traded very easily with altcoin, going to exchange. Which are very easy.

Be hardworker
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:06:14 PM

I don't see any fair logic behind buying altcoins with Ethereum than Bitcoin other than tx fees factor. If you can buy Ethereum directly through fiat and then buy altcoins with that Ethereum, then your portfolio might look like profitable as eth is very less volatile as for now. But your portfolio will look mess if you see it in btc value because of bullish market. In dollar value both the portfolio will look good. So, I don't find any logic about using eth than bitcoin.
kaygie

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:28:43 PM

Aside from bitcoin is more progressive and as of now more worth it to hold than eth I can't see any other reason but then if you don't have eth only bitcoins and you would need to buy eth for purchasing alts just use your bitcoin to by alt directly.
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:31:18 PM

In general it doesn't matter really, every coin including bitcoin and ether's real price value is usd. So you can prefer both. Bitcoin markets tend to have greater considerable weight so i prefer btc to alt.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:31:39 PM

I think it's better to have fewer transaction costs .
bitcoin transaction costs quite expensive
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:44:40 PM

I don't see any fair logic behind buying altcoins with Ethereum than Bitcoin other than tx fees factor. If you can buy Ethereum directly through fiat and then buy altcoins with that Ethereum, then your portfolio might look like profitable as eth is very less volatile as for now. But your portfolio will look mess if you see it in btc value because of bullish market. In dollar value both the portfolio will look good. So, I don't find any logic about using eth than bitcoin.
The thing that makes sense when the bitcoin becomes very bullish and that will be pushing the altcoin pair into the bitcoin will down a lot. Just like what already did by the majority of altcoins that they are losing a lot of the value in the bitcoin since the bitcoin goes to the moon. There are so many people are worrying about that.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: