Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners are unionizing, TIME TO BUY!  (Read 1360 times)
Walsoraj (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:12:34 PM

Hey guys, i let you in on a little secret: the largest and most powerful miners are unionizing. They have agreed to take _%_ profits from sales and place bids with that. No requirement to place bids that are likely to be filled. Just within about $10 of current orders. They can be pulled too, without punishment/scolding from leaders. The idea is increase sense of support = temp stimulus until more USD comes to Gox.

So as long as this stimulus can last, it is a good time to buy! My bet is it can last years. It is a virtual certainty that demand/USD shall return within then.

ps:

insiders who have emails/forum posts from the union "leaders" plz post so folks here don't think im a liar.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:56:04 PM

Hey guys, i let you in on a little secret: the largest and most powerful miners are unionizing. They have agreed to take _%_ profits from sales and place bids with that. No requirement to place bids that are likely to be filled. Just within about $10 of current orders. They can be pulled too, without punishment/scolding from leaders. The idea is increase sense of support = temp stimulus until more USD comes to Gox.

So as long as this stimulus can last, it is a good time to buy! My bet is it can last years. It is a virtual certainty that demand/USD shall return within then.

ps:

insiders who have emails/forum posts from the union "leaders" plz post so folks here don't think im a liar.
I proposed a miners syndicate and outlined a plan to form one which said to do exactly this. Were they reading it? Only the one I wanted to set up was to be based around Netcoin and result in a democracy built up around owning shares in the syndicates.

Anyway I predicted all of this and recommended a syndicate which would allow us to buy shares in the syndicate itself so that it wouldn't result in an elite bunch of banke...er I mean miners.

Here is some of the plan

This is an idea built around a question.

To define a syndicate:

A syndicate is a self-organizing group of individuals, companies, corporations or entities formed to transact some specific business, or to promote a common interest. In most cases formed groups aim to scale up their profits.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndicate

Distribution syndicate:
A group of investment banks that work to underwrite and sell an initial public offering (IPO) of securities to the market. Investment banks often form syndicates when working on large securities offerings to reduce risk and to increase the potential network of contacts through which to sell the securities. This is especially true in the case of firm commitment offerings, where the distributing syndicate may suffer considerable losses if the full offering cannot be sold.http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/distributing-syndicate.asp

Some advantages I can think of are:

1. Coordinated buying pools so that miners and investors can agree in advance.
2. Buying pools can reveal the demand to mining pools.
3. Political protection should a day come when Bitcoin comes under political attack.

A lot of talk about protecting the blockchain from technical attack or protecting Bitcoin from technical insecurity but what about protecting the blockchain and Bitcoin from political attack? That would mean protecting those who mine and protecting the community itself on the political level. This would require a much more sophisticated level of organization but if we can all agree on a self sustaining cause of protecting Bitcoin or maintaining Bitcoin profitability then we can easily form a syndicate or syndicates around that.

It is critical (if they choose to follow my plan) that they allow the community to buy shares. Otherwise it's concentration of power and that is absolutely the worst possible scenario where a bunch of Asic miners just decide to conspire together for profit in a private syndicate without any community vote or profit sharing in the form of dividends from shares.

champbronc2

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:01:00 AM

So basically you saying miners are taking a % of their profit away to be used to support the value of BTC, Ideally above the current value to increase or mantain mining profits?

What kind of market power could these miners possess? Would it be enough to actually have effect? Anyone have any idea what % of the market cap it may represent?

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
bitarrow

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:04:17 AM

that makes no sense. miners make bitcoin not USD.  so how will they put profits into bids? 
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:09:23 AM

that makes no sense. miners make bitcoin not USD.  so how will they put profits into bids? 

Forming a mining syndicate makes plenty of sense. Call it a union if you want but it should be a syndicate (unions make you pay dues).

There should be more transparency. When we have more transparency we have less adverse selection.
Walsoraj (OP)

Ultranode

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:10:09 AM

Creates artificial floor, encourages buyers who believe price can't fall below all that "support"

Problems if miners get restless tho..... nothin worse than vaporizing support...
champbronc2

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:12:25 AM

Yeah, I don't get it now.. Do they hold?

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:13:27 AM

ps:

I like you head portrait....this guy spreading BTC going to be dead for year .... 
bitarrow

Activity: 184

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:15:58 AM

I assume he believes miners will sell their BTC then put in bid walls beneath that. I think if this were the case then the miners would just keep selling into each other lol.  Maybe i just cant get my head around this thoery
whisper

Activity: 267

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:24:21 AM

ps:

Source ? Who are they? U jockin' right?
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:29:12 AM

ps:

Source ? Who are they? U jockin' right?

It is basic true, no one want to lose their investment in miners. even not need a prove to that , this is basic human natural being.
whisper

Activity: 267

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:42:44 AM

WTF?
They have agreed to take _%_ profits from sales and place bids with that

who are they.... Who confirm this with this guy... Its bs
Walsoraj (OP)

Ultranode

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:45:45 AM

WTF?
They have agreed to take _%_ profits from sales and place bids with that

who are they.... Who confirm this with this guy... Its bs

Tacit agreement. I don't have emails or forum posts. That's why I asked others to post. Heard about this through good friends/very credible sources.
chufchuf

Activity: 205

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:55:26 AM

So what you're saying is the opposite of the title, to sell, because the buy depth is fake? OH MY GOD WHAT SUBTLE SATIRE, I MEAN WHAT COULD I EXPECT FROM JAROSLAW'S NEW ZEALANDEAN SHEEP LOVER?
Walsoraj (OP)

Ultranode

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:59:27 AM

So what you're saying is the opposite of the title, to sell, because the buy depth is fake? OH MY GOD WHAT SUBTLE SATIRE, I MEAN WHAT COULD I EXPECT FROM JAROSLAW'S NEW ZEALANDEAN SHEEP LOVER?

No, you must have faith that the miners will not pull out. I think they maintain until demand picks up again. Then no need for fake depth. Also, then USD-Tsunami-cumshot straight up (ragin' green candles).

Not sure what you mean re: Jaroslaw. I agree he is sheep-lover.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:43:42 AM

I like inverse Jarojaw a lot more than actual Jarojaw. I might not put him on my ignore list.

Funny though, I am bearish at the moment and so is actual Jarojaw. Inverse Jarojaw is pseudo-bullish to the point of ridiculousness but I prefer him over his actual self.

Jarojaw I think you've made yourself into a better man without realizing it.

Anyone have a headache yet?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:18:43 AM

How about If everyone who held coins would all unionize and agree not to sell under $200?
__/

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:54:38 AM

I assume he believes miners will sell their BTC then put in bid walls beneath that. I think if this were the case then the miners would just keep selling into each other lol.  Maybe i just cant get my head around this thoery

It doesn't need to be this complicated. Price fixing is enough if your group is large enough.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:58:05 AM

im a miner and i didnt hear about this. so the union cant be that big.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:00:47 AM

im a miner and i didnt hear about this. so the union cant be that big.

So what , if you are miner you want to sell btc expensive or cheap? this is human natural...Even not need to be mentioned.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: