Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine PrimeCoin Mini-Guide  (Read 13458 times)
gsoul5005

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:55:00 AM

Are the rpcusername and password needed to genenrate?
ampere

Activity: 1218
Merit: 116

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:51:52 AM

I have a few computers mining -- am I able to have all rewards mature in one wallet, or do I have to wait for them before consolidating?

OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:58:03 AM

I have a few computers mining -- am I able to have all rewards mature in one wallet, or do I have to wait for them before consolidating?

I think you need to wait for them to mature before you can move them to a different wallet.
A different client (which does not exist yet as far as I know) might generate addresses deterministically starting from a seed, enabling you to access funds from any client that started at the same seed.
(see https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet)

Onkel Paul

Alex P

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:40:37 AM

If I have and I7 3770K and also a GPU 7970.  Could I run the Primecoin miner and also cgminer?   One mining primecoin and cgminer mining another Alt Coin?
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:50:17 AM

If I have and I7 3770K and also a GPU 7970.  Could I run the Primecoin miner and also cgminer?   One mining primecoin and cgminer mining another Alt Coin?
Yes, though one may throttle the other. My general rule on my rigs is to mine with your CPU cores - 1. If you have 4 cores, mine with 3. It'll keep your cgminer chugging along at full (or near full) speed and you'll still be able to mine with the CPU.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:53:51 AM

I'm mining LTC with Guiminer-Scrypt and Primecoins with qt on the CPU. 2 Days now and still no problems.
mokimarket

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:02:16 AM

Heres how to mine primecoin in a few simple steps

1. Download the precompiled binaries or do a git clone and compile your own executables like how would be done to litecoin.

2 visit the appdata folder
Windows: press the windows key and R. After this type %appdata% and make a folder called primecoin. In this folder create the primecoin.conf file shown below.

Linux: visit the users home folder and press control and h to show hidden files. create a folder called primecoin and create primecoin.conf in that folder

primecoin.conf file
rpcuser=****username***
rpcpassword=****password***
rpcport=***any port(mine is 8001)****
gen=1

I created the primcoin.conf file in my primecoin folder (Just pasted stuff into notepad and saved in already existing primecoin folder from wallet installation).

Not sure what to put for rpcuser and rpc password. Also Not sure what to do after file is created.

I'm a complete novice at mining so any additional steps would be helpful.
Alex P

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:12:15 AM

Thanks!  This helped out.  I disabled one of my 8 cores and cgminer is running at full speed!

Yes, though one may throttle the other. My general rule on my rigs is to mine with your CPU cores - 1. If you have 4 cores, mine with 3. It'll keep your cgminer chugging along at full (or near full) speed and you'll still be able to mine with the CPU.
TheSpiral

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:18:47 AM

1. Download the precompiled binaries or do a git clone and compile your own executables like how would be done to litecoin.

Windows: press the windows key and R. After this type %appdata% and make a folder called primecoin. In this folder create the primecoin.conf file shown below.

Linux: visit the users home folder and press control and h to show hidden files. create a folder called primecoin and create primecoin.conf in that folder

primecoin.conf file
rpcuser=****username***
gen=1

I created the primcoin.conf file in my primecoin folder (Just pasted stuff into notepad and saved in already existing primecoin folder from wallet installation).

Not sure what to put for rpcuser and rpc password. Also Not sure what to do after file is created.

user/pass for most users doesn't mean much, you can put whatever you want there. It's just if you use a program like cgminer, that's what info you put it. There's no external miners right now, so it doesn't matter much right now. Just put fill it in with whatever.

Once it's saved, this is the file that your client uses for its settings. Just start up your client and it will now mine (because of the gen=1 line in the .conf), that's it!
captainfuture

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:02:37 PM

will there be a mac os x client in near future?
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:05:16 PM

will there be a mac os x client in near future?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251850.msg2685892;topicseen#msg2685892

fitosoft29

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:21:21 PM

hi to all Smiley

then primecoin works just with cpu or with gpu too?

Im confused  Grin
96redformula

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:25:44 PM

I have Primecoin running full load on the CPU and GUIminer running full load on the GPU's.  I did have a couple of computers restart yesterday doing this, no problems in the last 24 hours with the computer fans all cranked up.
mokimarket

Activity: 422

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:09:13 AM

primecoin.conf file
rpcuser=****username***
gen=1

user/pass for most users doesn't mean much, you can put whatever you want there. It's just if you use a program like cgminer, that's what info you put it. There's no external miners right now, so it doesn't matter much right now. Just put fill it in with whatever.

Once it's saved, this is the file that your client uses for its settings. Just start up your client and it will now mine (because of the gen=1 line in the .conf), that's it!
HOw can I tell if it's working?
Cyberclones

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:23:05 AM

primecoin.conf file
rpcuser=****username***
gen=1

HOw can I tell if it's working?

Type "getmininginfo" into the Console (help>>Debug Window>>Console) If it says "generate" : true, and "primespersec" : something it is working.
Armchair Miner

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 06:54:11 AM

I threw in the genproclimit=6 on my 8 core CPU so the GPU mining is not reduced:

primecoin.conf file
rpcuser=****username***
gen=1
genproclimit=6

Somebody mentioned optimization of the miner. Does anyone have detailed directions how to get primecoin-qt.exe on Windows, optimized? Thanks

TheSpiral

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:59:28 AM

Somebody mentioned optimization of the miner. Does anyone have detailed directions how to get primecoin-qt.exe on Windows, optimized? Thanks
Honestly, I just made a linux VM (within Windows, Virtualbox) to run it until windows binaries are updated.
PPS went from 120 to ~620, even though it's in VM.
BigCstyle

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:17:25 AM

For some reason the primecoin qt client says no block source available and wont download the blockchain so i can get started. I changed the ports on my router and still no luck. Anyone else encounter this and have a solution?
BobMarley

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:52:03 AM

thanks

Burzumoza

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:19:45 PM

i bumped into the noblockchain avaible shit. u just hav to manualy add nodes <addnode ip add>
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: