Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Bitcoin Wallet Generator + API System  (Read 222 times)
CyberAlien (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:03:43 PM

I'd like to introduce MyPrivateWallet - an online Bitcoin wallet generator.

MyPrivateWallet:  https://myprivatewallet.com

Our homepage is designed to be extremely easy to use for newbies - it simply displays a new Bitcoin address and private key anytime you refresh the page.

MyPrivateWallet API:  https://myprivatewallet.com/api/

Generate addresses and private keys in JSON format for easy integration.  The service was just going to be an API, but the homepage was added for newbies.

====================================

Frequently Asked Questions

Why not offer a Javascript-based wallet generator?

For a couple of reasons.  First, there's already a couple of websites that do this and do a great job at it.  Second, our system is entirely based around our API.  It wouldn't be feasible to offer an API that requires users to run parse the Javascript or run a third party system like PhantomJS to get the results.

Is MyPrivateWallet safe to use?

Yes, but it's important that you make sure your computer is also safe to use.  You have to be connected to the Internet for our system to work.  Therefore, if there's any malware on your computer, it could potentially steal your private key - if that's what the malware is designed to do.

Do you store any details about users?

No, our system is specifically designed to not store any information.  Anything from access logs to error logs are disabled.  Please note that we do use CloudFlare, who may temporarily store certain information such as IPs.  But if CloudFlare itself were to ever get hacked, there's thousands of much more popular websites that would be targeted instead of us.

Do you store public addresses or private keys?

No, this wouldn't really be feasible for us to do.  A single user of our API could easily generate millions of addresses and private keys on a daily basis.  While some large companies could probably store this much information and make use of it, it would be pretty much impossible for us to do.

Why was MyPrivateWallet created at all?

The best description of MyPrivateWallet is that it's a hybrid between paper wallet generators and web wallets.  Unlike most paper wallet generators, you do have to be connected to the Internet to use our system.  Unlike most web wallets, we provide you with the private keys to your addresses so you're in full control.

====================================

How To Safely Use MyPrivateWallet

If you can't be sure that your computer is free from malware, we suggest installing a virtual machine (Ubuntu tends to be the safest).

After installing Ubuntu, open up the Terminal application and run the following command:

Code:
curl "https://myprivatewallet.com/api/"

Every time you run the command, you'll be issued a new address and private key that can be safely used.

NOTE:  While certain things, such as feature requests, are always welcome, please remember that we can't provide you with any addresses or private keys that you've generated.  If you lose them, they're gone forever.  Keep them somewhere safe.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:42:34 PM

Hello, so if I understand correctly this is similar to myetherwallet right ? but what does your wallet offer more than lets say blockchain.info, I know the centralized part of the password side of it but what about the rest especially in comparison of myetherwallet service
CyberAlien (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:59:59 PM

Hello, so if I understand correctly this is similar to myetherwallet right ? but what does your wallet offer more than lets say blockchain.info, I know the centralized part of the password side of it but what about the rest especially in comparison of myetherwallet service

I haven't used MyEtherWallet, so I can't really comment on them, sorry.  From the looks of it, it appears to be a client-side generator, so generating public addresses and private keys programmatically isn't possible.  I also couldn't find any API they offer that does this.

As for Blockchain.info, you can create Bitcoin addresses through their API, but they don't provide you with their private keys.  If I could have gotten the private keys through their API, I never would have created MyPrivateWallet in the first place Smiley
ukcryptoking

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:05:12 PM

Hey

1st .. dont suppose your the same guy who created Slavanap are you ?? Cheesy

2nd the site isnt working
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: