Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:11:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any other ways to get bitcoins  (Read 526 times)
triib4l (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:34:45 AM

hello everyone, unfortunately i'm a few years behind on most of you when it comes to bitcoins so some info on how to earn other than mining or faucets would be great thanks in advance Smiley
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
david64

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:42:08 AM

There are a number of gambling sites like Satoshi Circle & Satoshi Dice; a few marketplaces: BitMit, Flibbr (in development).

But really you need to set up on an exchange; Mt Gox, BTC-e, BitStamp etc. It will take a few days for your deposits to arrive. This is the quickest way to get them ATM.
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 12:43:17 AM

sell something on bitmit

triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:44:58 AM

There are a number of gambling sites like Satoshi Circle & Satoshi Dice; a few marketplaces: BitMit, Flibbr (in development).

But really you need to set up on an exchange; Mt Gox, BTC-e, BitStamp etc. It will take a few days for your deposits to arrive. This is the quickest way to get them ATM.
thanks for the reply wish i had of heard about bitcoin sooner Sad
BitcoinBoss

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 12:51:01 AM

One of the best ways to earn BTC without using faucets or mining is to visit BitcoinGet.com and get paid BTC for completing simple online tasks and watching videos. The pay quite a lot for tasks considering there simplicity and they pay 50 μBTC for every video watched (though these only seem to be available a few times during the day).

FREE BITCOIN ! ---> FreeBitco.in (Faucet + Multiplier) <--- FREE BITCOIN !
triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:07:58 AM

ok for one second lets say i start mining i run max 270 hash p/s nothing i know what would be the general payout for that??? worth doing or not so much?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:16:25 AM

ok for one second lets say i start mining i run max 270 hash p/s nothing i know what would be the general payout for that??? worth doing or not so much?

270 Hashes per second?  That is less than nothing.  A somolian refugee would starve.  We are talking a faction of a US penny a decade. 
triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:24:14 AM

270 Hashes per second?  That is less than nothing.  A somolian refugee would starve.  We are talking a faction of a US penny a decade. 
LOL YA USED A CALCULATOR it just said about $3 a week does that sound about right???
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:26:21 AM

LOL YA USED A CALCULATOR it just said about $3 a week does that sound about right???

No.  Not for 270 hashes per second.  I wasn't kidding 270 hashes per second is something on the order of less than 1 US cent per decade.
triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:31:04 AM

arrrrgh forget that then LOL i never going to earn any real bitcoin value  Sad
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:42:09 AM

arrrrgh forget that then LOL i never going to earn any real bitcoin value  Sad

Bitcoin is money.  You get it the same way you get any other money.  Here are some common methods:

• Provide a product or service and accept bitcoin as payment
  • Convince a charitable person or organization to give you bitcoin out of the kindness of their heart
  • Steal bitcoin
  • Scam (con) people out of their bitcoin
  • Acquire a small amount of bitcoin, then use gambling techniques and (if you are very lucky) win more bitcoin

Perhaps you'll notice that these methods work for any currency, and not just bitcoin.  You can expect that people won't be much more likely to turn over their bitcoin to you than they would be with any other money.
triib4l (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:46:25 AM

gotcha makes sense, not the type of person to scam someone out of there hard earned dollars anyways just not me, however if a bag of cash was found on the side of the road i doubt i'd hand it in LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: