Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:19:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CatholicCoin - Catholic Coin - Religion Coin  (Read 4657 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 01:36:40 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 05:25:26 AM by Vlad2Vlad

This thread is for the proposition of the world's first religion based coin:  CatholicCoin.

My argument is that all of these alt coins have garnered some pretty good attention and in some cases pretty good value and they're not offering anything unusual.

Well, why not launch a coin which comes with a massive built-in loyal, fan-base - a coin which actually stands for something more than money?  I mean, if you can name a coin after a feather and offer zero goods and services and have it succeed then imagine a religion coin which offers a new idea and a special purpose.

And this new concept is that you can now invest in your faith, your church - as this coin will automatically divert or donate a large portion (i.e. 25%) of these coins to your particular faith (no strings attached) and so you can invest in an investment vehicle - a crypto-coin while at the same time create wealth and cash-flows for your church and directly help all of the many individuals which will in turn be helped by your faith entity, such as the Catholic Church.

Any and all money created by a CatholicCoin will be new cash-flows for your church which would otherwise never exist.  It's essentially like a new product line only there's nothing to sell as one simply invests in a CatholicCoin instead of a different speculative investment such as bitcoin, an investment which would do no direct favors or benefit your faith, church or beliefs in any way.

So if you're going to mine or buy an alternative currency why not be part of the one which most closely matches you and what you stand for, why not invest in a coin which gives back much the same way you would?

-  Please keep discussion on the business side of a CatholicCoin or I'll cite you for spam.  I realize some people don't like the idea of a Christian Coin but 3 billion Christians wouldn't mind so keep others in mind.  Not everybody likes hamburgers but McDonalds does fine and if you don't like it you don't bash them you just go next door to Subway.  

Please be civil - this idea is a business idea, it can only benefit the masses and if it brings in even a small % of Catholic Christians then investors in such a coin win twice

Thanks!

- I have CatholicCoin.com and every other variation locked in. -

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:07:42 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 02:22:44 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Well, I might as well be the first one to post on here since it seems nobody is interested in what I think is an unbelievable idea and one which will definitely take off once alt coins become mainstream and the masses clamor for their own favorite coins.  

But until then - I'll just troll myself.  LoL.

But seriously, someone out there has got to see the massive appeal here.  It's almost instant success, there's so little that needs to be done if people really do take to crypto-coins the way I think they will.  

And if sports will have their own coins (I can't imagine the NFL not cashing in on their fan base) then why wouldn't one of the world's largest and biggest religions not want to benefit from this new industry.  

I think it will be a natural progression but it first needs to become blatantly obvious and that may take another year as most people on this planet are not early adopters.  

Everything is riding on Bitcoin's ETF Application and most experts think there is no way the US government will give it to them while I think it's a 100% done deal.  If I'm right then alt coins are less than a year away from their biggest run ever.  

Things are just getting started and I firmly believe they're gonna heat up and inflate more than the dot com boom.  That's why getting in early with any of these new alt coins is imperative so hopefully there are some like minded people on this forum.

Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:12:46 AM

Even if a coin like this got popular, you would have a bigger fan base for the name  christiancoin, even the the catholic following is bigger, you would get a bigger response from christian - coin  or churchcoin

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:19:09 AM

Even if a coin like this got popular, you would have a bigger fan base for the name  christiancoin, even the the catholic following is bigger, you would get a bigger response from christian - coin  or churchcoin

I thought about that and you could be right but the way I saw it was that ChristianCoin or ChurchCoin (and I own the domain for the latter as well) is too vague.  People like labels because they're clear.  It's an identity.

If you ask a catholic what religion are you, most will not say Christian, they will say Catholic.  That's their identity, that's who they are and it means a lot to these people because it makes up a large part of who and what they stand for.  So I think each Christian religion would do better with their own coins such as the Mormons would not want to be bunched up with Catholics and vice versa.

And then distribution, can you imagine all the Christian denominations fighting for their cut?  This way each one stands for their own version and with their own base of followers and gain their respective profits if there are any. 

TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:20:29 AM

And if sports will have their own coins (I can't imagine the NFL not cashing in on their fan base) then why wouldn't one of the world's largest and biggest religions not want to benefit from this new industry.
Because there's no reason for it... Why could you not just use an existing coin to do the exact same thing? A coin that already has market share and value? These niche coins make absolutely no sense. With Sexcoin and CatholicCoin or whatever the hell (intended) other coins that come out, why?

You limit your audience/customers/miners/investors by pigeonholing then into a some small group/sect/cult/collective/whatever. If you have a coin that does A, B, and C, why would use a coin that just does C? Who would mine that? It makes sense for coins like Namecoin/Devcoin that have specific purpose because they're merge mined with another coin that that has all-encompassing capability.

Finally, as I'm sure may be brought up in harsher terms, why would anyone want to divert their cash-flow to pay for the Vatican's lawyers? They reap what they hath sown.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:27:29 AM

Is "Catholic" trademarked?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:28:07 AM

Because there's no reason for it... Why could you not just use an existing coin to do the exact same thing? A coin that already has market share and value? These niche coins make absolutely no sense. With Sexcoin and CatholicCoin or whatever the hell (intended) other coins that come out, why?

You limit your audience/customers/miners/investors by pigeonholing then into a some small group/sect/cult/collective/whatever. If you have a coin that does A, B, and C, why would use a coin that just does C? Who would mine that? It makes sense for coins like Namecoin/Devcoin that have specific purpose because they're merge mined with another coin that that has all-encompassing capability.

Finally, as I'm sure may be brought up in harsher terms, why would anyone want to divert their cash-flow to pay for the Vatican's lawyers? They reap what they hath sown.

That's like saying why did anyone start freicoin, litecoin, devcoin and so on when they could have all been part of bitcoin.  That's absurd.  The answer is simple: because you can and because having your own coin means a lot more money and control for you as the founder of that coin.  If the NFL can make just $1 billion they'll start their own coin.  

And if bitcoin made over $1 billion and nobody has hardly heard of them then you can bet if these alt coins get hot the NFL will make a lot more than $1 billion.

And besides the cashflows you have to understand the other benefits.  Supply and logistics would see a huge boon in savings and then there's marketing.  Marketing to a direct audience when you have full access to their wallets and they're using your own version of instant cash - these are wet dreams for any corporations.

Why else do you think Amazon launched their own money?  Why didn't they just put up a big sign: we accept bitcoin?  Why did apple just apply for a patent for Apple's own crypto money, iMoney?  The benefits are enormous and the cashflows are only half for story.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:30:51 AM

-MarkM-

I wondered about that.  I hope not.  It should be open domain.  I mean, I can start a catholic school, right, based on catholic beliefs and nobody can stop me.  But I can't open up a Nike shop the same way.

I don't see how they can patent a religious name since they're not selling any goods with that name on it but I could also see this going to court.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:34:55 AM

Quote:/

Is this so parishioners won't have to sully the sanctuary with their offerings bearing the image of pagan gods?
Report to moderator 

Quote:/

I'm not sure what that has to do with embracing technology and a new industry which can bring in a lot of money. There is no question that the Catholic Church has helped many poor and orphaned people throughout the ages. That is a big plus and this type of thing can add to that positive.

TheSpiral

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:35:10 AM

That's like saying why did anyone start freicoin, litecoin, devcoin and so on when they could have all been part of bitcoin.  That's absurd.  The answer is simple: because you can and because having your own coin means a lot more money and control for you as the founder of that coin.  If the NFL can make just $1 billion they'll start their own coin.  

And if bitcoin made over $1 billion and nobody has hardly heard of them then you can bet if these alt coins get hot the NFL will make a lot more than $1 billion.

And besides the cashflows you have to understand the other benefits.  Supply and logistics would see a huge boon in savings and then there's marketing.  Marketing to a direct audience when you have full access to their wallets and they're using your own version of instant cash - these are wet dreams for any corporations.

Why else do you think Amazon launched their own money?  Why didn't they just put up a big sign: we accept bitcoin?  Why did apple just apply for a patent for Apple's own crypto money, iMoney?  The benefits are enormous and the cashflows are only half for story.
A) Amazon and Apple are corporations that have to make profit and appease stockholders. I'm not sure what your point is pertaining to something that is neither.

B) I addressed why devcoin makes sense.

C) Freicoin and Litecoin is a competitor that does essentially the same thing as Bitcoin in a different but similar way. Did you even read my post or just the first sentence? You're not going to compete by limiting your audience to a small group of people. (Yes, cutting out 66% of the world's population is a stupid business plan)
Online24o0n

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:42:19 AM

-MarkM-

No its not.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
emerefer

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:47:26 AM

sounds good as long as the coins like god and doesnt exist
Online24o0n

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:48:22 AM

Enjoy hell

- Marcus Aurelius
TheSpiral

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:51:56 AM

Enjoy hell
I always say: The way to promote how peaceful your cult is, is to curse everyone that doesn't join it to eternal damnation.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:54:38 AM

Spiral,

You seriously think it's a bad idea to launch a coin cause it only has 1.4 billion members and leaves out the rest?  Are you kidding?  Ever hear of billion dollar niche markets?  I'm ok with 1 million members and I'm awfully happy with 1.4 billion Catholics.

And what, Apple and Amazon have to appease their shareholders you say, but the NFL, or the Catholic Church have no need for money or better supply, logistics and marketing?  That's just absurd.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:57:58 AM

Enjoy hell

nice - I certainly wont be touching this coin...
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:58:34 AM

Make no mistake i believe in God and i thank him every day for our creation. That being said, fuck the catholics and their fraud religion.

I'm not Catholic but I am Christian and I think a lot of Christian people and non-believers would greatly benefit from such a coin.  And if it succeeds all religions will adopt their own coins so the whole world will be better off.  Well, until one particular religion uses that money to pay off, you know, jihadists.  But those people have money anyway, its not like we're gonna ban the dollar cause terrorists use dollars to build their strap-on bombs.

Just saying.  You can't stop progress and this is progress and the NFL, NBA, etc and CatholicCoin, MormonCoin, will all want in on this.  It's like the church saying no to the benefits of the Internet. It's not gonna happen.  Everyone with a name will want their coin.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 03:01:29 AM

Enjoy hell

nice - I certainly wont be touching this coin...

I understand bro, but there's a 1.4 billion audience that would consider it.

Do you have to smoke and eat crap hamburgers to invest in Malboro or McDonalds?  No, you do it cause you know the masses will like it and whether you agree with this coin in a religious level you have to admit that the church does help a lot of poor needy people religious or not they don't turn anyone away.

Has bitcoin done anything for your or your neighbor lately? 

Online24o0n

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:05:27 AM

There ya go  AlphaOmega, Catholic Symbol

- Marcus Aurelius
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 03:05:59 AM

As you just admitted , no one has hardly heard of bitcoin , so why call your idea "Catholiccoin" , I mean it's just retarded , why not call them Rosemarys or some such thing .
Plus  you will have to get the Vatican bank in board.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: