Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CatholicCoin - Catholic Coin - Religion Coin  (Read 4657 times)
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:33:55 AM

Spiral et al,

I don't have to release a coin which nobody is against.  There's no such thing.

I've been thrown off threads just for mentioning a different coin or cause my post was a bit too long.

I heard your piece cause I believe in freedom of speech but you're obviously just trolling if you're telling me I can't release a coin cause its not a real corporation or because some people will be against it.

Ever check the news?  Most of the media and wallstreet are against bitcoin. Maybe we should all stop mining bitcoins then, eh?  

If you're against this idea, I understand but I'm not gonna sit here and hear bashing just cause you hate the idea.

Respect the fact 3 billion people are Chrstians and half of them are catholic.  Respect others the way you want to be respected.

Please, let's discuss the business of a Catholic Coin (ie. adoption rate, popularity, law suits from the Vatican, trademark infringement, etc) no more bashing the fact you don't like A Christian coin.  That's irrelevant cause 3 billion people would love the idea, and that's the target market.

Any more trolling and I'm forwarding your posts to SaltySpitoon, she's a nice gal, she let me off once but two violations and you're banned.  Psy and Mange (global mods) don't like this trolling bit either so this is the final warning.

Thanks.
.... Wow.
1) 33% of 7 billion isn't 3 Billion.
2) I'm not trolling. This is a thread to discuss adoption of your niche coin. I'm discussing your niche within a niche within a niche, i.e. the topic.
3) You're not going to sit there and hear bashing? Then why ask for opinions? If you don't want opinions, don't ask for them.
4) As much as you'd like to keep increasing your number of miners (first it was 1 billion, then 1.4 billion, now 3 billion), hardly any of them will support this. This isn't trolling, this is math, and this is the topic. Threaten me again for staying on topic.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:38:30 AM

Respect the fact 3 billion people are Chrstians and half of them are catholic.  Respect others the way you want to be respected.

calling catholics christians is like slapping God in the face.

What does that have to do with a Catholic Coin?

This is not a religious thread.  Please keep things on topic.

Thanks, again.

You want me to get back on topic? ok i will, you have a terrible idea. go think up something original and get back to us.

Ok, that's on topic.

Why do you think it's a terrible idea?  Thanks.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:43:35 AM

Spiral,

Thanks for keeping the last post on topic.

I'm not changing numbers. The 1.4 billion original number was Catholics and I was clear about that.  The 3 billion is Christian, all Christians and is was clear about that.  There's 7 billion people so 3 billion is not half but I'll let you have it and say its 33%.

Regardless, that's a huge base.

The idea is simple.  Offer a coin to a huge consumer base which can associate with it right away and trust it and you've got a winner.

Do the right thing and give a big piece to the Catholic Church because that's the right thing to do and then you have a win win situation.

I really don't see how this can be worse than a coin named after a feather and offers nothing back to the miner or to society.

If feathercoin can be worth nearly $1 million dollars after 45 days then you've got to be kidding me, a CatholicCoin would get mad free press the second it's released and if all is kosher, err, clean and clear then you may get the nod from the pope in which case its gonna be a madhouse rush for the coin.

Serious, nobody sees this enormous potential sitting there for nearly free, waiting to be grabbed?

derekleong75

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:44:32 AM

Suddenly I have this vision of the dark halls underneath the Catholic church converted to data centers, mining away.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:48:23 AM

Suddenly I have this vision of the dark halls underneath the Catholic church converted to data centers, mining away.

Ahhahahaahaaaaaa.

Your visions are dark only cause the massive ASICS are draining all the power from the Vatican.  Lol.

You know the winklevoss twins must have a huge farm just killing bitcoin.  Half the network is probably theirs.  I know I would if I had their money but now they're like, why mine this stuff when we can drive it to $1,000 per coin and higher using everyone else's money:  ETF time. 

And I'm convinced they'll get approved.  Buy or mine your alt coins now friends.  Next year should be a killer for this market if/when bitcoin gets approved.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:52:24 AM

Man, I really thought more people would see the potential here.  This really sucks.  Maybe I'm off.  But it's so obvious if no name coins can do so well, a namebrand coin with a huge following would do much much better.  I mean, it's common sense, yet nobody sees it so I don't know what to think.

I'm really let down.  Deflated.  I wish I could call the pope, even though I'm not Catholic and let it out on him for the bad image the CC has these days.  Alas, maybe the timing is wrong.  We'll see. If I could program or had the money to hire a programmer I'd do it myself and test out my theory the old fashioned way:  on my own skin. 

TheSpiral

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:54:49 AM

Always on topic. I agree that feathercoin isn't much in the way of innovation and a charity coin would be a needed thing. By naming it and associating it with something that a lot of people dislike or even despise isn't the right direction, though. I've already said that, though...

I'd support a charity coin that gives to good causes. Especially if it could be teamed with some good devs to be merge-mined with other scrypt coin(s). Or CatholicCoin could just be an organization that runs a set of pools for alt coins with 25% fee that goes toward your causes with the same effect. Either way, do what you want, I may end up using the last idea myself if it's passed over.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:00:17 AM

Always on topic. I agree that feathercoin isn't much in the way of innovation and a charity coin would be a needed thing. By naming it and associating it with something that a lot of people dislike or even despise isn't the right direction, though. I've already said that, though...

I'd support a charity coin that gives to good causes. Especially if it could be teamed with some good devs to be merge-mined with other scrypt coin(s). Or CatholicCoin could just be an organization that runs a set of pools for alt coins with 25% fee that goes toward your causes with the same effect. Either way, do what you want, I may end up using the last idea myself if it's passed over.

There you go, brother.  Excellent input.

How about this.  I got this one for my own personal thing if I ever made any real money I wanted to launch another coin and give 60% to charity, 15% to admin and the rest to miners. This would be basically a pure charity coin.  Some only give 20% or 10% to miners so its not anything new.

The coin is OrphanCoin.com.   But I Didn't think anyone would care about that, so I left it in the back burner as a personal goal if I ever had the money.

But that plays in exactly what you say. So I'm glad you said something.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:05:48 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 06:20:21 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Or CatholicCoin could just be an organization that runs a set of pools for alt coins with 25% fee that goes toward your causes with the same effect. Either way, do what you want, I may end up using the last idea myself if it's passed over.

Man, I read your post again and this last idea really sunk in.  I really love it and that would work like a general Christian Coin For any religion and anyone who wants to support charity.  That didn't even cross my mind. It would be like a shell corporation or an incubator corporation - basically funneling coins and money from other coins who want to be part of "the Good Samaritan Network."

Wow, I just came up with that.  That would be amazing - a Good Samaritan Network.  There's nothing like it in the world.

Evil has the Silk Road and the good side can have the Good Samaritan Network.

Man, see what happens in just 5 minutes after we stop hating each other?  Thanks so much for your input.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:19:19 AM

@Spiral,

Bro, thanks for your input.  I just bought GoodSamaritanCoin.com and GoodSamaritanCoin.org cause I think that fits perfectly in a non-denominational charity coin.  Better than orphanCoin as that coin intended for orphans and widows specifically since they have nobody to help them.

Great ideas here.  This is what I was hoping for.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:21:50 AM

Can I get a vote?

How many think a GoodSamaritanCoin would be better than a CatholicCoin? 

How about both?

Thanks.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 06:46:43 AM

calling catholics christians is like slapping God in the face.

I kind of agree here -

I've always seen Catholics as a more honest version of religion , where as most "Christians" are just a sham. At least the Catholics kept the roots of natural Paganism and the "mother" aspect to being a human.

So "God" is more directed toward the natural order of things , or that's the way I see modern Religion going.

In this way i see Catholics and Orthodox shaking the hands of other religions , whereas "Christianity" is rooted in some parts in its unfortunate empire -

I guess time will tell.   

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:10:18 AM

The word 'Catholic' just means 'Universal'.
Bitcoin is already the universal coin.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:38:05 AM

That's like saying McDonalds or Coke is universal.

There's no such thing.  Bitcoin is only a first mover and is lacking in many things.  For example, what % of their coins goes to charity?  Oh, zero.  There's a problem if you're looking for a good cause coin.

TheSpiral

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:39:09 AM

There's no such thing.  Bitcoin is only a first mover and is lacking in many things.  For example, what % of their coins goes to charity?  Oh, zero.  There's a problem if you're looking for a good cause coin.
Whichever amount you choose to give to charity, like all charity. Tongue
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:39:20 AM

Just when I thought I heard it all.

& saying

[/quote]
Has bitcoin done anything for your or your neighbor lately?  
[/quote]

Shows just how little the person who is trying to create and sell the concept actually understands about economics.

I will simplify it;

Bitcoin has grown in value. I have been able to buy more with Bitcoin than I would have with cash or credit. That leaves me with more $$ in my pocket.

If I spend more money locally, it keeps my "neighbors'" business open, the owner and his employees (and their families fed)

If I do what I usually do with extra $$, which is donate to charities, then I have much more $$ to do so. As a matter of fact, since Bitcoin went from $5 a piece, to over $200, and as of this post $79, I have been able to increase all of my charitable donations considerably.

That is what Bitcoin has done for me and my neighbors.

That is what Bitcoin continues to do for me and my neighbors

And you (OP) are a typical Catholic; Once your idea is tested the slightest bit, you immediately try to denounce something you dont understand in place of adding merit to your own belief or system.

"CatholicCoin" is a dumb idea. It is even stupider when its pushed by someone who doe not understand basic economics.

Stop now before you end up running into people much smarter than me and really embarrass yourself

Youre welcome

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:41:09 AM

Can somebody tell me the obsession or need for coins to use dot ORG instead of .com?  I mean, was dot com taken or why did bitcoin, bitcointalk and pretty much every coin choose dot org over dot com which is still the most popular way to go?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm tired paying double for domain names just in case dot com isn't good enough when it should be all I need to buy.  I've been buying dot com and dot org but that's kind of ridiculous but I can't figure out the reason for choosing dot org over dot com cause it makes no sense unless the dot com was already taken.  

Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:43:02 AM

Whichever amount you choose to give to charity, like all charity. Tongue

I hear you but what I'm saying is bitcoin as a company policy doesn't give a single coin to charity.  There's a big difference between them giving to charity and me as an investor or a miner giving.  It's nice when the big companies getting rich off the small guys actually give something meaningful back to society.  Any charity would be nice not necessarily Christian.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:52:21 AM

@dmatthewstewart,

Sorry to give you bad news but bitcoin hasn't done a thing for you.  You worked via mining or risked your cash and bought bitcoins when they were cheap.  Luck gave you something.  Your work and risk taking gave you something because you at least chose to hold when you could have sold at $20.

Like I said, bitcoin, as a company, entity or as a policy, has never given away a single dime to help anyone.  And that's what I meant by what has BITCOIN done for you or your neighbor.  Cause if I bought apple stock at $5 and held to $500 and got rich as sure as hell apple didn't do that for me, I could have lost everything as many people often do.  

It was my work, my knowledge, and my risk taking combined with great timing and chance (luck) that made me that money - it wasn't a gift apple gave me, just like all the profits you made off bitcoin were not just given to you by Bitcoin (as you make it sound) to help you out as if they actually know your name or actually give a damn.

And I'm not catholic and I don't agree with much of Catholicism but unlike you I don't have to be something to see the good and the true potential in it.  Try opening your mind and seeing the big picture in things.  

And don't worry about embarrassing me - I do fine on my own.

Thanks for your input.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 11:03:43 AM

Well I am confirmed Catholic and as such can speak for every Catholic and the Pope , in saying , I'm that smarter guy.

The Pope says go ahead , we don't care , do it. Evolution is change and Change wipes away the roots we thought we had in the old.

To weather it will be a success? , well refer back to your comment about Apple stock.

Icon "Mary" the mother Goddess ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: