Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New BitCoin Service In the Works  (Read 1225 times)
jnagyjr (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:41:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I know many of you will not recognize my face or username, and my involvement is rather new in the whole BitCoin scene, but I'm just as avid as any one of you in seeing this and other crytpocurrencies succeed in the long-term. To that end I'm planning on teaming up with a web developer to get the ball rolling. All I need now is to begin raising the funds for this. I'm willing to put every last BTC I have into this (which isn't much, truthfully) project, as well as a significant investment in time and 'real' currency (you know, those paper and metal things many of us still use) to get the ball rolling. I do need your help, though.

The name of my service is BitSale and our official launch blog can be found here. I would appreciate any tips you can spare to see this project to initial fruition.

For now you can send such tips to 1UZvLk9Uceyq9KmNV5N72cuqopJcxMM9V and don't forget to bookmark the BitSale Launch Blog to be kept up-to-date with the progress we're making and general cryptocurrency news. You'll also be able to find a link to the blog in my sig (after I make this post).

What is the purpose of BitSale, for those who haven't clicked over to the blog yet the idea is simple. A mostly automated venue for you and I to sell our goods (digital to start with) for BTC. Instead of long wait times for approval of this or that, their will instead be a user feedback/abuse report system in place to flag inappropriate content (and there will be content guidelines, but they should generally be fairly lax in their final form). We'd also be well positioned to enable conversions from BTC to LTC and possibly other currencies which would be completely transparent to either person involved in the transaction.

Why not some other service? Well, for various reasons, including complaints about long waiting times for approval to sell or join the affiliate network (which we'll also have available though not implemented until it could be continuously funded to ensure proper payouts). Also, they seem to be the only ones really involved in strictly sales. BitMit is more of an eBay styled auction house, which while awesome is not something we're looking to replicate.

There are some questions I won't have answers to, as I'm rather new to this sort of business (I own a handyman and electrical business as my day job), but I will do my best to get back to you all with answers. I'll also be reserving the next post for an FAQ and anything else that really doesn't fit here. Edit: Or not. Well, I'll just post any FAQ and errata on the blog and be done with it.

Thanks for reading, thanks for your help if you've tipped, and God bless.

Proverbs 12:1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:15:00 PM

I want to see something that makes a serious attempt at replacing ebay.  Something that people will actually use, because right now, if you want to sell anything, and you want the widest possible audience, your stuck with ebay and Paypal. Both of which suck you dry of fees.

A p2p ebay.  You pay to use it, but the money goes to those that run the nodes.  And anyone can run a node.
jnagyjr (OP)

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 02:38:21 PM

I want to see something that makes a serious attempt at replacing ebay.  Something that people will actually use, because right now, if you want to sell anything, and you want the widest possible audience, your stuck with ebay and Paypal. Both of which suck you dry of fees.

A p2p ebay.  You pay to use it, but the money goes to those that run the nodes.  And anyone can run a node.

One of the sites I came across as I was looking for a place to sell my own poetry, recipes, and digital artwork (some of my better stuff is seemingly lost, so I'm starting from scratch on that end) is BitMit, not sure if this meets your exact needs but it is definitely auction-focused (almost trying to go after the look and feel of eBay, too).

I do agree we need more sites like that, though. Perhaps its something we could even start up at BitSale, but right now I think we need to focus on the launch of our core service before trying to spread our wings, so to speak, and compete with other types of services.

jnagyjr (OP)

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 02:27:19 AM

bump

jnagyjr (OP)

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 01:12:57 AM

We have registered with Bitcoinstarter to jump-start the crowdfunding of the site. In addition to that, I'm going to sell individual poems (I have a selection of about 6 right now, more if I can retrieve them) and some fractal images I've made (I'll have watermarked versions posted in a thread on the sale forums) for a hugely discounted price (versus when they go up on BitSale) as well as a recipe or two I have.

Please, if you can help fund this start-up, I need your help!

Send your tips here: 1UZvLk9Uceyq9KmNV5N72cuqopJcxMM9V (inputs.io users will be able to transfer BTC w/o any fees!)

Thanks for helping to support this, Bitcoin Talk community!

bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:48:13 AM

We have registered with Bitcoinstarter to jump-start the crowdfunding of the site. In addition to that, I'm going to sell individual poems (I have a selection of about 6 right now, more if I can retrieve them) and some fractal images I've made (I'll have watermarked versions posted in a thread on the sale forums) for a hugely discounted price (versus when they go up on BitSale) as well as a recipe or two I have.

Please, if you can help fund this start-up, I need your help!

Send your tips here: 1UZvLk9Uceyq9KmNV5N72cuqopJcxMM9V (inputs.io users will be able to transfer BTC w/o any fees!)

Thanks for helping to support this, Bitcoin Talk community!

Hi jnagyjr!

Got your project submission everything looks good.  Pretty slick project idea as you will be going up against CoinDL.  I'll go ahead and push it "live" to the site and see what we can do with this!
jnagyjr (OP)

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 02:32:33 AM

You. Are. Awesome! Thank you so much!

jnagyjr (OP)

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 02:47:26 AM

For those wanting to help out aside from using the awesome Bitcoinstarter crowdfunding platform, you can check out this thread here in the forums. I look forward to doing business with you all!

videos4btc

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:20:42 PM

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
jnagyjr (OP)

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:27:05 AM

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it as well! Competition is good in any market. (:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: